KLA-Tencor

Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.1

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2011.

A phone interview and then they flew me in for a presentation and a series of eight 1-on-1. In this series of 1:1 lost of questions come over and over and make it boring. In addition every interviewer tends to ask questions about his own background and that may have nothing to do either with your background or with the job you are applying for. Since it is an interview you do your best the good thing is that these questions in general are not difficult. I thought I aced the interview they promised they will call the next week but never did. Two week after the usual thank you I sent a follow up but nobody replied (HR or hiring manager) and after more than two months they sent me a rejection notice when I had already forgotten about them.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in November 2011.

I posted my resume on linkedin, and a recruiter contacted me through email to schedule a phone call interview. The interview was one week later after I was contacted by the recruiter and it was given by a technique manager of wafer inspection. He started with some general questions about my background (major, minor, classes, etc), then walked through in details about my resume. After that, he asked me some technical questions, and I was stuck on one of them. So basically, it did not go well

Interview Questions
    • some high power LED, and detector related technical questions.   Answer Question

Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in August 2011.

You will have a introduction session followed by a test. Before the test, they will give a brief background knowledge for the test. Try google "histogram" before you go to the onsite interview. The test is not easy. After the test, you will have a 1-minute presentation and followed by 8 1:1 interview. The wholes 1:1 interview was pretty like interrogation and asking the same behavior question and yes very exhausting.

Interview Questions
    • What is most difficult decision you have made?   View Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2011.

I got two phone interviews (1 week apart) before the on site one. On site interview start with a 1 hour presentation, during which they asked a lot of questions, although it's not directly related to their work. And then I got 1:1 interview with 6 or 7 people (sorry I forgot) including HR. Questions are still very smooth, all about details of my work before. No hard questions. Very little behavior question, only remembered one - your experience of troubleshooting.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2011.

I received a phone call to setup an appointment for a phone interview. Phone interview was quite normal. General behavioral questions. Then, a question to test if you can think quickly and clearly. The question was 'If you are asked to remove one state from the US, which one would you remove and why?'. I was selected for the on-site interview and was flown in a couple of weeks later. I had 5 1:1 interviews. There was one skills test. They'll teach you something about image processing and ask you questions based on that. Others were all just questions based on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to remove one state from the US, which one would it be and why?   View Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2010.

They are fast! The entire week took 3 weeks. Week one, the recruiter saw my resume online and contact me, asked me whether I was interested in their position. I told him yes of course. Week two, one manager called me for a phone interview. He was a nice guy and the questions were relatively easy, I guess because I'm still in college, have no working experience. Week three, they brought me in for on-site interview. Met 4~5 guys there, one by one. The questions were focus on my background and some programming concepts. The only downside is they sent me rejection letter almost 2 months after that.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2010.

my background was in EE. Interviewed for software engr. one of the interviewer said position for software engr and looked at my resume few times and left. supposed to meet with 6 people but had interview with only 4.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2010.

1 Telephonic interview if you clear this then onsite interview

7 interviews on the onsite interview day, Some Resume based, Some C++, Some Java.

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in November 2010.

standard procedure: two over the phone, 1 day onsite interviews: with HR, future supervisor, and experts of the fields: C++ infra computing, high performance computing, algorithm computing, and finally with panel of supervisors and higher management people

Interview Questions
    • some personality questions. most of the questions are about the technology and your preparedness. Several questions about what you did, and present it on whiteboard in front of the panel. Don't remember all the details...   Answer Question
    Negotiation wasn't lengthy, over the phone. I was able to negotiate sign on bonus.
    Couldn't get the relocation bonus, since i'm local to the area.

Principal Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2010.

Gave a talk on my previous work. Had one-on-ones with the hiring managers and various stakeholders. This part was friendly and cordial. Then I was invited back for a second interview when the hiring manager asked me some very in-depth technical questions about my knowledge the relevant subject. It was like a grad school oral exam. However, I thought the questions were fair given the level of the position and the fact that the subject was not a big part of my previous work, and so it was not covered much in my talk. The whole process was rigorous but fair overall.

Interview Questions
    My friends in the company had told me that KLA-Tencor tend to make fair offers. I found mine to be the case, so I accepted it without and negotiation.