KLA-Tencor Interview Questions in Milpitas, CA

3.2

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2010.

Was contacted by the hiring manager for 30min phone interview.
    Was brought on campus to interview with 4 managers for 30min each.
    Was then interviewed by the hiring manager for 1hr lunch interview.
    Had follow up phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • If the customer wants a shipment that your team can't support, what do you do? How do you compromise?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2013.

phone interview followed by onsite

Interview Questions
    • how to troubleshooting, some optics concept   View Answer
    fair market price

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Phone interview, on-site interview

I did not negotiate.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in November 2013.

First, phone screening. then the HR set up an interview with the hiring manager on site. The interview went on for about 45 minutes. That was in Milpitas. After that interview, there should be another round of interview with the whole team.

Interview Questions
    • Question related to GD&T: What is projected tolerance?   Answer Question

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in November 2010.

standard procedure: two over the phone, 1 day onsite interviews: with HR, future supervisor, and experts of the fields: C++ infra computing, high performance computing, algorithm computing, and finally with panel of supervisors and higher management people

Interview Questions
    • some personality questions. most of the questions are about the technology and your preparedness. Several questions about what you did, and present it on whiteboard in front of the panel. Don't remember all the details...   Answer Question
    Negotiation wasn't lengthy, over the phone. I was able to negotiate sign on bonus.
    Couldn't get the relocation bonus, since i'm local to the area.

Human Resources Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2013.

Applied through university recruitment-got a phone interview-got an onsite interview-had 4 interviews with leadership and business partners-awaiting results

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2013.

Interviews are held throughout the day.
    I had 9 interviewers over the course of the day.
    Its all resume based. All technical, no HR person in the line up no HR questions. All was based on the work i did and then some questions were extrapolated from it.

Interview Questions
    • design an algorithm or come up with a logic if you have 512x512 scan and you need to find a defect in it. You can compare it with another reference, if you want   Answer Question
    KLA always underpays when they offer you. Most they will go up is ~5K.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2013.

1 phone interview followed by an onsite interview after ~2 weeks. Phone interviews are mostly technical questions in the resume, onsite interview starts with a technical presentation (~45 mins) followed by 7-8 one to one interview, mixed with technical and behavioral questions. None of questions are really difficult. Most interviewers are friendly and sharp in technology.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

One phone interview, followed by several 1-1 interview, some behavioral and some technical

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, the offer came, and they did not want to negotiate, take it or leave it. However, I got to choose my starting date.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Applied through LinkedIn. Thirty minutes phone conversation with the hiring manager within two weeks. Invited on-site. Four interviewers -- two principal scientists, the manager (also principal scientist himself) and the director.

Interview problem are mainly the technical questions on my previous research and development projects. Clearly, all interviewers are very intelligent and sharp, almost made me feel that they were involved in these researches and projects. One interviewer showed me a problem in his work, and his solution to the problem. I am impressed.

Employment package is then offered within couple of days. The salary is below other offers I collected. But I decided to go with this team mainly because the work and the people.

Interview Questions

Worked for KLA-Tencor? Contribute to the Community!