KLA-Tencor Interview Questions in Milpitas, CA

Updated Aug 20, 2015

3.1

Senior Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Dropped resume at college job fair. Got a call a week later from hiring manager and had quick easy chat about job role and responsibilities. Came in for interview a couple weeks later and meet with people for 5 hours. Interviewed by 2 managers and a slew of peers. Nothing too challenging. Kinda fun actually.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle temperature fluctuations during wafer review process?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was recommended by a previous professor which basically means that the professor did the initial screening. After that it was an in person interview with my manager that was very casual (Khakis and a collared shirt, suit and tie not needed in my case). The interview was pretty basic. This probably depends on your manager and group though.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experience. They also asked some basic engineering concept questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Clear and quick.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

A few in depth Technical questions. Other than that they asked about situation based questions and also question on OS, Security Threats etc. There were three interviews two Technical and one HR

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, on-site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

pretty quick, interviewed and was hired in 2 weeks. 2 rounds of interviews, 1st with team managers & 2nd with other controllers/managers. Everyone was very friendly and on time-extremely professional.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Very Efficient and straight forward. The whole process took less than a month from first contact to an offer. There was first a phone interview. When you pass that stag they bring you in for onsite interview. The onsite interview includes a two minute presentation of what the applicant thinks the role involves.

Interview Questions

• The normal generic questions. " Tell me about yourself and how you fit in the organization"   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was non-negotialble

Human Resources Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied through university recruitment-got a phone interview-got an onsite interview-had 4 interviews with leadership and business partners-awaiting results

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

One phone interview, followed by several 1-1 interview, some behavioral and some technical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer came, and they did not want to negotiate, take it or leave it. However, I got to choose my starting date.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

First, phone screening. then the HR set up an interview with the hiring manager on site. The interview went on for about 45 minutes. That was in Milpitas. After that interview, there should be another round of interview with the whole team.

Interview Questions

• Question related to GD&T: What is projected tolerance?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Thirty minutes phone conversation with the hiring manager within two weeks. Invited on-site. Four interviewers -- two principal scientists, the manager (also principal scientist himself) and the director. Interview problem are mainly the technical questions on my previous research and development projects. Clearly, all interviewers are very intelligent and sharp, almost made me feel that they were involved in these researches and projects. One interviewer showed me a problem in his work, and his solution to the problem. I am impressed. Employment package is then offered within couple of days. The salary is below other offers I collected. But I decided to go with this team mainly because the work and the people.