KLA-Tencor Interview Questions in Milpitas, CA

Updated Mar 5, 2015

3.2

Senior Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Dropped resume at college job fair. Got a call a week later from hiring manager and had quick easy chat about job role and responsibilities. Came in for interview a couple weeks later and meet with people for 5 hours. Interviewed by 2 managers and a slew of peers. Nothing too challenging. Kinda fun actually.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle temperature fluctuations during wafer review process?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Phone interview, on-site interview

I did not negotiate.

Human Resources Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2013.

Applied through university recruitment-got a phone interview-got an onsite interview-had 4 interviews with leadership and business partners-awaiting results

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2013.

Very Efficient and straight forward. The whole process took less than a month from first contact to an offer. There was first a phone interview. When you pass that stag they bring you in for onsite interview. The onsite interview includes a two minute presentation of what the applicant thinks the role involves.

Interview Questions
    • The normal generic questions. " Tell me about yourself and how you fit in the organization"   Answer Question
    The salary was non-negotialble

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor.

One phone interview, followed by several 1-1 interview, some behavioral and some technical

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, the offer came, and they did not want to negotiate, take it or leave it. However, I got to choose my starting date.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in November 2013.

First, phone screening. then the HR set up an interview with the hiring manager on site. The interview went on for about 45 minutes. That was in Milpitas. After that interview, there should be another round of interview with the whole team.

Interview Questions
    • Question related to GD&T: What is projected tolerance?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Applied through LinkedIn. Thirty minutes phone conversation with the hiring manager within two weeks. Invited on-site. Four interviewers -- two principal scientists, the manager (also principal scientist himself) and the director.

Interview problem are mainly the technical questions on my previous research and development projects. Clearly, all interviewers are very intelligent and sharp, almost made me feel that they were involved in these researches and projects. One interviewer showed me a problem in his work, and his solution to the problem. I am impressed.

Employment package is then offered within couple of days. The salary is below other offers I collected. But I decided to go with this team mainly because the work and the people.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2013.

1 phone interview followed by an onsite interview after ~2 weeks. Phone interviews are mostly technical questions in the resume, onsite interview starts with a technical presentation (~45 mins) followed by 7-8 one to one interview, mixed with technical and behavioral questions. None of questions are really difficult. Most interviewers are friendly and sharp in technology.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2013.

Interviews are held throughout the day.
    I had 9 interviewers over the course of the day.
    Its all resume based. All technical, no HR person in the line up no HR questions. All was based on the work i did and then some questions were extrapolated from it.

Interview Questions
    • design an algorithm or come up with a logic if you have 512x512 scan and you need to find a defect in it. You can compare it with another reference, if you want   Answer Question
    KLA always underpays when they offer you. Most they will go up is ~5K.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2013.

phone interview followed by onsite

Interview Questions
    • how to troubleshooting, some optics concept   View Answer
    fair market price