KLA-Tencor

KLA-Tencor Product Development Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2013.

phone interview followed by onsite

Interview Questions
  • how to troubleshooting, some optics concept   View Answer
fair market price

Other Interview Reviews for KLA-Tencor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2012.

Three phone interviews two of them were technical nature. Didn't hear about salary range until the third interview. Was flown out for an all day interview with the team I would be working with. Some of the questions were very technical but not all. All the interviewers were sharp people. They were very accommodating and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Describe all the components, and it's function, of a Nomarski Phase Contrast microscope.   View Answer
    • Describe the interaction of an ultra short, high intensity laser pulse with a metal.   View Answer
    • Explain how an ellipsometer measures n and k.   View Answer

Too expensive in San Jose. Bad traffic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2011.

I got two phone interviews (1 week apart) before the on site one. On site interview start with a 1 hour presentation, during which they asked a lot of questions, although it's not directly related to their work. And then I got 1:1 interview with 6 or 7 people (sorry I forgot) including HR. Questions are still very smooth, all about details of my work before. No hard questions. Very little behavior question, only remembered one - your experience of troubleshooting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2010.

I was given an initial phone interview followed directly by a second. Within two days I was invited for an on site interview including a technical presentation. I sat for 6 interviews and was flown home.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a technical question regarding the electron transport properties on a doped semiconductor which required specific knowlege I didn't poses.   Answer Question
    I was somewhat desperate after a long search and accepted the first offer.