Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at KLA-Tencor
- Applications Engineer (31)
- Applications Development Engineer (21)
- Software Engineer (14)
- Field Applications Engineer (8)
- Research Scientist (6)
- Senior Software Engineer (5)
- Optical Engineer (4)
- Product Development Engineer (4)
- Engineer (4)
- Technical Support Engineer (2)
- Mechanical Design Engineer (2)
- Electrical Design Engineer (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Product Engineer (2)
- Product Marketing Manager (2)
- Application Developer (2)
- Application Engineer (2)
- Algorithm Engineer (2)
- Associate Test Engineer (2)
- Senior Systems Design Engineer (2)
- Buyer/Planner (2)
- Software Engineer II (2)
- Software Engineer Intern (1)
- Software Engineer IV (1)
- Applications Engineer Co-Op (1)
- Inventory Planner (1)
- IT (1)
- Human Resources Representative (1)
- Assistant Software Engineer (1)
- Technology Specialist (1)
Product Development Engineer Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in June 2013.
phone interview followed by onsite
- how to troubleshooting, some optics concept 1 Answer
fair market price
Other Interview Reviews for KLA-Tencor
Product Development Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (San Jose, CA) in September 2012.
Three phone interviews two of them were technical nature. Didn't hear about salary range until the third interview. Was flown out for an all day interview with the team I would be working with. Some of the questions were very technical but not all. All the interviewers were sharp people. They were very accommodating and pleasant.
Reasons for Declining
Too expensive in San Jose. Bad traffic.
Product Development Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in June 2011.
I got two phone interviews (1 week apart) before the on site one. On site interview start with a 1 hour presentation, during which they asked a lot of questions, although it's not directly related to their work. And then I got 1:1 interview with 6 or 7 people (sorry I forgot) including HR. Questions are still very smooth, all about details of my work before. No hard questions. Very little behavior question, only remembered one - your experience of troubleshooting.
- give an example of troubleshooting experience Answer Question
Product Development Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in May 2010.
I was given an initial phone interview followed directly by a second. Within two days I was invited for an on site interview including a technical presentation. I sat for 6 interviews and was flown home.
- I was asked a technical question regarding the electron transport properties on a doped semiconductor which required specific knowlege I didn't poses. Answer Question
I was somewhat desperate after a long search and accepted the first offer.