KLA-Tencor

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview followed by onsite

Interview Question – how to troubleshooting, some optics concept   View Answer

Negotiation Details – fair market price

Product Development Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was given an initial phone interview followed directly by a second. Within two days I was invited for an on site interview including a technical presentation. I sat for 6 interviews and was flown home.

Interview Question – I was asked a technical question regarding the electron transport properties on a doped semiconductor which required specific knowlege I didn't poses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was somewhat desperate after a long search and accepted the first offer.

Product Development Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2012.

Interview Details – Three phone interviews two of them were technical nature. Didn't hear about salary range until the third interview. Was flown out for an all day interview with the team I would be working with. Some of the questions were very technical but not all. All the interviewers were sharp people. They were very accommodating and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe all the components, and it's function, of a Nomarski Phase Contrast microscope.   View Answer
  • Describe the interaction of an ultra short, high intensity laser pulse with a metal.   View Answer
  • Explain how an ellipsometer measures n and k.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Too expensive in San Jose. Bad traffic.

Milpitas, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2011.

Interview Details – I got two phone interviews (1 week apart) before the on site one. On site interview start with a 1 hour presentation, during which they asked a lot of questions, although it's not directly related to their work. And then I got 1:1 interview with 6 or 7 people (sorry I forgot) including HR. Questions are still very smooth, all about details of my work before. No hard questions. Very little behavior question, only remembered one - your experience of troubleshooting.

Interview Question – give an example of troubleshooting experience   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KLA-Tencor

Worked for KLA-Tencor? Contribute to the Community!

KLA-Tencor Videos

KLA-Tencor – Why Work for Us?

KLA-Tencor Corporation is the world's leading supplier of process control and yield management solutions for the semiconductor and related microelectronics industries. We have been in business for over 30 years and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KLA-Tencor Product Development Engineer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by KLA-Tencor employees and interview candidates.