KLA-Tencor

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Applied through LinkedIn. Thirty minutes phone conversation with the hiring manager within two weeks. Invited on-site. Four interviewers -- two principal scientists, the manager (also principal scientist himself) and the director.

Interview problem are mainly the technical questions on my previous research and development projects. Clearly, all interviewers are very intelligent and sharp, almost made me feel that they were involved in these researches and projects. One interviewer showed me a problem in his work, and his solution to the problem. I am impressed.

Employment package is then offered within couple of days. The salary is below other offers I collected. But I decided to go with this team mainly because the work and the people.

Other Interview Reviews for KLA-Tencor

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Phone interview: Went over my CV, gave me information on the group, company. Questions were related to position description.

Research Scientist Interview

Contacted by HR, an unexpected position to me.
    Got phone call from the manager. It lasted for half an hour, all general questions.
    Unfortunately, my background does not fit this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2012.

On site for a whole day, met 6 people including manager, HR, and future colleagues. Questions centered around resume. Some challenging questions from their projects. Waited for 3 weeks. The HR called to discussed the offer and then after background check got the formal offer

Interview Questions
    • One technical guy asked some HR questions. Obvious peer competation   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2011.

Phone interview from hiring manager, then onsite 5 1:1 interview. Finally 2 phone interviews.