KLA-Tencor Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Mar 5, 2015

3.2

Senior Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Dropped resume at college job fair. Got a call a week later from hiring manager and had quick easy chat about job role and responsibilities. Came in for interview a couple weeks later and meet with people for 5 hours. Interviewed by 2 managers and a slew of peers. Nothing too challenging. Kinda fun actually.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle temperature fluctuations during wafer review process?   Answer Question

Associate Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2014.

Technical problem solver with the ability to troubleshoot, pinpoint and resolve issues efficiently to reduce operational cost. Proficient with Optical and electro-mechanical systems as well as manufacturing integration and test processes. Eager to learn new skills and enjoys working in a team based environment and as an individual contributor.

Interview Questions
    • • Test diagnosed and repaired printed circuit board to component level.
      • Installed and Calibrated print circuit boards in KLA-Tencor wafer inspection tool.
      • Troubles hooted all hardware and software related issues.
      • Used of test equipment such as Oscilloscope, DVM, power supply, function generator.
      • Worked closely with manufacturing and design engineering teams to insure better quality PCBs.
      • Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Phone interview, on-site interview

I did not negotiate.

Human Resources Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2013.

Applied through university recruitment-got a phone interview-got an onsite interview-had 4 interviews with leadership and business partners-awaiting results

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2013.

Very Efficient and straight forward. The whole process took less than a month from first contact to an offer. There was first a phone interview. When you pass that stag they bring you in for onsite interview. The onsite interview includes a two minute presentation of what the applicant thinks the role involves.

Interview Questions
    • The normal generic questions. " Tell me about yourself and how you fit in the organization"   Answer Question
    The salary was non-negotialble

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor.

One phone interview, followed by several 1-1 interview, some behavioral and some technical

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, the offer came, and they did not want to negotiate, take it or leave it. However, I got to choose my starting date.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in November 2013.

First, phone screening. then the HR set up an interview with the hiring manager on site. The interview went on for about 45 minutes. That was in Milpitas. After that interview, there should be another round of interview with the whole team.

Interview Questions
    • Question related to GD&T: What is projected tolerance?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Applied through LinkedIn. Thirty minutes phone conversation with the hiring manager within two weeks. Invited on-site. Four interviewers -- two principal scientists, the manager (also principal scientist himself) and the director.

Interview problem are mainly the technical questions on my previous research and development projects. Clearly, all interviewers are very intelligent and sharp, almost made me feel that they were involved in these researches and projects. One interviewer showed me a problem in his work, and his solution to the problem. I am impressed.

Employment package is then offered within couple of days. The salary is below other offers I collected. But I decided to go with this team mainly because the work and the people.

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Interview was going really good, I actually felt comfortable about possibly working there, seemed like a nice place to work. The people seemed nice especially the guy doing the interview. But perhaps that was the problem, he seemed nice. But nice is not the lasting impression I have of this guy, he was actually quite rude. As we were talking he motioned for me to follow him, so I did. Did I mention we were still talking about the job as if the interview was still in progress as he was escorting me to the door and then said goodbye. This has to be by far the strangest way to show someone you must have said something wrong. This guy seemed to have all of a sudden make up his mind about something, and quickly. Usually if you answer something and they don't like the answer, they should get a little more information before deciding so quickly that you are not the one he is going to hire. Or at least come clean about what it was.
    After thinking about it though, when I was called about coming in for an interview I was mistaken for someone else 3 times in one phone call, but that was the fault of the temp agency. Made me think that he already knew who he was going to hire, I was just to make it look as if he interviewed others. It was really kind of strange how he just escorted me out the door while still interviewing me, so it seemed. I am chuckling about it but I am not laughing, I thought I would be a perfect fit for the position and I had almost 26 years experience at Stanford University. So what was the problem???

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2013.

1 phone interview followed by an onsite interview after ~2 weeks. Phone interviews are mostly technical questions in the resume, onsite interview starts with a technical presentation (~45 mins) followed by 7-8 one to one interview, mixed with technical and behavioral questions. None of questions are really difficult. Most interviewers are friendly and sharp in technology.