KLA-Tencor

KLA-Tencor Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2013.

Interview:
Recruiter setup the initial phone screening with the recruiting manager.
The phone screening lasted for about 35 minutes. Started with my field of experience and depth into the design and architecture. After the phone screening, I have been asked to come for the personal interview. It lasted for 2 and half hours with the 3 different group of people. Because of one the team member was absent that day, I had to come again for 45 minutes.

People/Culture:
The culture is unusual for me. They do follow AGILE process but it is not really AGILE, they pretty much end up following waterfall methodology because of the product development.
The change management system is not great. They use lot of braching, developer has to merge the code. The timings are flexible if you are delivering your tasks in time.

Interview Questions
  • One of them asked me about university. One of the panel member did not speak a word.
    They did not ask more technical questions to me, just overall experience.
    I ended up asking more about the company and the interviewer.

Answer Question
I was able to negotiate. It depends on the individual and the demand.

Other Interview Reviews for KLA-Tencor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in August 2012.

One technical interview with 5 people and the other with Manager's Boss

Sign on Bonus.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

The interview process of KLA Tencor consists of three - four technical rounds.

They mainly look for candidates good in C++, OOPS, data structures and logic. Good to have skills are, STL, Python, DLLs, OS. I personally felt that they focus more on DS.

First round questions,
    1) OOPS basic concepts and how are how can we achieve it programatically.
    2) why const key word, const functions, its significance.
    3) static keyword, static members, static object.
    4) assignment copy constructor, when should they be made private and when protected etc.
    5) why multiple inheritance
    6) philosophy of OOPS.
    7) function hiding when overloading during overriding etc, why it happens.
    8) different searching algos, which is the fastest, given some scenarios which fits the best. Complexity and performance of each searching and sorting algo.
    9) trees and graphs,
    10) which ds is used by compiler to store local variables
    11) and some questions around trees.
    12) STL

Second round,
    This round focuses totally into DS and design part.
    1).questions on threading, Sync objects, which to use and when to use.
    2).atleast 7-8 scenario based programs where I have been asked to write the pseudo code.
    3).complexity of all search alogs and eg of scenarios for which to choose when.
    4).given some scenarios and asked to design a class for it.
    5). basic questions on design patterns.
    6). asked to write a program to count the number of object created on heap and on stack,
    7). another program to make a address book such that search can be made both via name and address. asked many questions around this scenario and discussed the performance of my design.
    8) STL

waiting for my second round result. :)

One thing I want to share, this is among the few interviews I have given that seems to be a selection process rather than a rejection process. Interviewer always ask about the comfort in any topic before asking any questions. and assist help you in your design and logic building question. The questions were very nicely chosen and covers many topics in one question.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in July 2007.

phone interview, on site group and 1:1 interview