KNF&T

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Staffing Consultant Interview

Senior Staffing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at KNF&T.

Interview Details – I applied for a position that was posted for a client of this employer. I was contacted by a recruiter, and was not a good fit for the client. The recruiter was intuitive, though, and told me about an internal opening that was a available in an area very close to where I was relocating to. I let her know that I was interested, and scheduled an interview for the day that I would be in town for interviews. I met with the branch manager. It went very well. She was easy to talk to. Being from the same industry, we spoke the same language. I was only in town for one day. Typically, a candidate would meet with at least one other member of the team. I was in the airport when I received a call from one of those managers. I spoke with her briefly. I received a call or email the next day with an offer. I countered, and by the end of the week accepted an offer.

Interview Question – The interview was very conversational, and I cannot recall a question that stood out as very difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate. I presented a range of acceptable salary. I was offered the low end of my target salary, and countered with a salary in the middle of my range. I was relocating 1,500 miles, however, and this may have impacted the decision to offer me the higher rate.

Very Easy Interview

Financial Services Positions Interview

Financial Services Positions

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at KNF&T in February 2012.

Interview Details – KNF&T was the absolute worst experience I ever had with a staffing agency. This past winter I was called by one of their recruiters and he told me that I was a great fit for three opportunities that he was he was trying to fill asap. We set up a day and time to meet in person at their office near Post Office Square.

When I arrived it was a 20 minute wait to meet with the recruiter. When I was waiting, one of the recruiters was talking with the receptionist and they were visibly irritated. The recruiter was furious that a candidate had just left a message that she was going to accept another offer for more money! The recruiter said we just lost our commission! Keep in mind this exchange took place in the lobby and was clearly audible to candidates waiting. Very professional and confidence inspiring, haha.

I then met my recruiter and he only asked me a few questions and he pretty much talked the entire time about how long he had been in recruiting and how many great opportunities KNF&T has available. It was obvious that he was very experienced in recruiting. I asked him about the three opportunities that he told me about on the phone and he named three companies, but was unable to recall the job titles and had no descriptions.

A large portion of the discussion turned to current and previous salaries. He said that by law all potential employers must verify the current or previous salary of applicants to ensure that new hires are getting a reasonable and fair market value. Due to this law, I was told that candidates should ALWAYS disclose salary history from the start of the interview process. Employment lawyers have verified that there is not any such law. Simply another tactic to try to low-anchor salaries.

After our discussion I asked him to email me the three job descriptions that we talked about. I received two emails with no subject line, greeting, or signature, just brief descriptions of two jobs. The descriptions had no company names, but I found through a Google search of certain lines that these jobs were for different companies than he mentioned.

Sometimes an experience with a recruiter can be chalked up to a bad apple at a great recruiting company. With KNF&T the above experience is coming from upper management so and it really sets the tone for the entire organization to mislead and lie.

Worked for KNF&T? Contribute to the Community!