2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Entry Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at KPFF in July 2010.

The first round interview is conducted by an Associate and a Principal. However, these interviews are back to back. They mainly ask the same questions. The associate also gives you a standard structural engineering test. Expect to be there about 4 hours for the test, and (2 in 1) interviews.

The second round interview is very similar to the first round. You meet with a different Associate and a different Principal, who again ask the same questions. By the last interview you are out of interesting questions to ask, and very tired of describing the standard interview questions.

Both rounds I had some unfriendly people. I was turned off by this company because prior to my interview they had laid off a lot of the staff due to the economy, yet they continued interviewing for new hires.

Interview Questions
  • I let them know that Finite Element was my toughest subject in school and they started to ask me a lot of FEM questions.   Answer Question
  • The exam is very technical based.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPFF

Entry Structural Engineer Interview

Applied via email. Was contacted for an initial interview through the phone. Following that they arranged an in person interview. They were generally responsive and open to re scheduling if needed.

Interview Questions

Worked for KPFF? Contribute to the Community!