KPIT Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPIT Technologies (India, MS) in January 2015.

Interview

3 Rounds of interview. 1st telephonic 2nd technical 3rd manager and HR In telephonic you will asked basic questions and about your skill set. In F2F round you will asked more on the skill which you have put in your resume. In Manager round all about your project and role and responsibilities.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPIT Technologies.

Interview

one telephonic round and that's it. Offer was made. I think this would be my most simplest interview Ever. I was doing internship and was about to get over I got call from KPIT cummins. It was a n average interview.

Interview Questions

• - 9 ball problem in weights - Simple questions on data structures   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was a fresher in M.Tech so no negotiation .

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

3 level process, telephonic, face to face and HR, HR is not that imp though

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it is togh to negotiate

Lead Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPIT Technologies (Peoria, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

They took 2 rounds of interview one from KPIT and other from Cummins(client). KPIT took nearly 45 min on techincal stuff andcummins also took 30 min tech interview. Interview was basically based on my previous exp and tools used.

Interview Questions

• Abt tols used like Matlab Simulink, NI Labview and Veirstand   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is too low compare to other indian comapnies

Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPIT Technologies (Southfield, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was with a local recruiter, who wasn't very good at answering my questions about benefits. Second interview was by telephone with a technical expert in India. The phone line was very bad, and if I wasn't used to dealing with people in India by phone from a previous job, it would have been just about impossible to understand and answer the questions. The questions were exactly what I would have expected from an expert in my field. Final interview was with the customer, and was very easy.

Interview Questions

• What CMMI process areas and practices are generally a problem in an appraisal.   1 Answer

Negotiation

What negotiation! It was here's the job take it or leave it. I had the most leverage with them on salary before I talked to the technical expert. Ask for the salary you want up front.

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPIT Technologies.

Interview

I was hired for Java/ J2ee opportunity, Interview was state forward , 1st round telephonic, 2nd Round video Conferencing , they concentrate more on past experience and domain

Interview Questions

• They were concern about the my stability , and were not ready to disclose the number of years Agreement with Client. or kind of agreement they had.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Cummins PGG was among the biggest client of KPIT, Salary was not the big issue, but do get more info about the Medical plans and 401 k Plans for the employes , you can negotiate with them for family Coverage and Premium .

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPIT Technologies in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, simple questions on CAN , Diagnostics protocol etc. Academic projects, Previous work experience.Everything based on resume. Seems like they were looking for communication skills. Asked to describe about my self. qwerty,wefr fvdv f f fv fv f v df f erfe rf ef e f ef reerb

Embedded Software/Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPIT Technologies (Columbus, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

Contacted through recruiter and was asked about the availibility and whether the pay is ok . I suggested to deffer the matter of pay as I do not agree on it (less than current). I received a phone call from senior recruiter discussing the pay and what is agreeable point. I was surprised as they were more worried whether candidate would say no in end just because of pay then trying to match up the resume and job description. They just asked have you ever used diagnostic tools said that would be called to schedule phone interview. They called after 2 days and wanted to schedule on same day even if it has to be scheduled at 6:30 PM , denied request for next day interview. Phone interview was completely based on resume and describing projects.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects and coursework   Answer Question
    • Have you done any projects and worked on Control systems which was main thing recruiter could have included as screening question as I didnt had any such. So I was a mis match and rejected(expected and understoood)   Answer Question

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPIT Technologies (Irvine, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

1. Phone interview with recruiter 2. Phone interview with HR executive 3. Phone interview with Technical Lead/Project Manager

Interview Questions

• What kind of tools did you use in your previous company as a software engineer   1 Answer
    • What is your most recent achievement?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with testing and validation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your educational background?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was negotiable. Be aware of the living expenses at the current location and propose a reasonable salary if the first offer is not appreciable

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPIT Technologies (Dearborn, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

Got a call through recruiter and was told about salary and other benifits. I was interviewed for two rounds. This was a small project with one of the clients that KPIT Cummins work with. 1) Recent work expereinces 2) Greatest strengths and weakenesses 3) Reasons for quitting another contract.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weaknesses   1 Answer
    • Did you wrote any test plans and if you were to write new test plans, how do you start with ? (at system level)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the pay I asked for but, carefully consider something before you accept offer.