KPMG

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in September 2011.

Interview Details – Great people

Interview Question – How you would respond to an ethical problem   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Other offer was better

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in March 2009.

Interview Details – One recruiter very outgoing and nice. The other seems a but unapproachable. Asked mostly behavioral questions, and answered with more information about the firm. Don't base your judgment of the firm based on the personalities of the recruiters. They are very different from the people that actually work there.

Interview Question – When's a time you had to deliver bad news to a senior.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in September 2009.

Interview Details – The people were very cordial and accomodating. it was a typical accounting interview; a mix of cultural fit questions with more auditing kinda questions and firm specific questions. Was able to interview with very senior people and who were firm yet fair. The technical questions were related to the three main accounting statements . I went to lunch with two associates that were good people.

Interview Question – 3 leadership qualities and how did you portray them ?   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in September 2011.

Interview Details – one writing test followed with two interviews, one with the manager and one with the partner

Interview Question – what do you know about audit   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Trondheim (Norway)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – They recruit from all the business schools in town, and the ones with the highest gpa gets in the first round of interviews. The people acted very nice and ”unformal” and I got the impression that they maybe wanted me to taket he lead in the conversation more than I did. Only the standard interview questions, no case or brain teesers. They do two rounds of interviews and only standard questions in both.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, where are you in 5 years   Answer Question

Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in July 2012.

Interview Details – I am talking about KPMG, world's one of the best audit firm, and so my chance of getting selected was minimum as I am not an accountant yet (part complete). Even though i felt that the interview wasn't bad as I spoke and presented myself confidently. I tried to answer all their questions positively , I think that is all that matters,

Interview Question – How would KPMG be benefited from you?   View Answer

Accountant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in January 2011.

Interview Details – They were very nice. They gave me a coupon for cafe rio for twenty dollars. They talked to me about their company.

Interview Question – What leadership experience do you have?   Answer Question

Accountant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG in February 2010.

Interview Details – just first phone interview. If you pass the phone interview, they will give you online personality test. Then if you pass the online personality test, they will give you another phone interview. If you pass the second phone interview, they will buy the air ticket for you. If you pass the onsite interview, you are in.

Interview Question – Where did you graduate from   View Answer

Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in April 2010.

Interview Details – This interview was held on campus. The lady interviewing me had just graduated a couple of years before and was now recruited students. She made the interview very conversational and was more informative than anything else.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in September 2010.

Interview Details – Fill out application form on-line. attended group exercise and talks by the partners to large group of applicants. Then had panel interview, big part on topical issues in the media

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work for us in particular and not other big 4   View Answer
  • Name and descibe two of your biggest achievements to date   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a you have to take the offered salary, but its based on industry data and competitive

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Accountant interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.