KPMG Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied through the on campus recruiting website at my school. The night before the first round interview, there is a dinner with all the interviewees. Make sure you are social so that the firm knows you can handle yourself in front of a client. The first round interview was a very casual 30 minute chat about my past experiences. He let me know on the spot that he is going to recommend me for a final round interview. Final round interview consisted of 2 30 minute interviews with the office partners as well as a tour of the office. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (McLean, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had 2 30 minute phone interviews were they asked very basic behavioral questions and then gave me some firm background. After that I had an in person interview with 3 directors. These were 30 minutes each and we basically went through y resume and had some behavioral and fit questions. How have you dealt with adversity and how did you get past it, etc..After that I had one more in person interview with the hiring manager. This was a 1 hour interview and it was more of the same type of questions. Very laid back and after we went through the technical stuff we just had a very relaxed conversation.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an employee or client that you didn't see eye to eye with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was not so formal, just basic questions on why KPMG and why san francisco, and then the HR discussed the benefits of working at KPMG and that they offer Visa sponsorship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

On campus Interview follow up phone call. Then all day interview with 3 30 minute behavioral interviews. Most Big 4 companies have the same process. You will be screened on campus, then 1 more time over the phone. When you come into the office, it is your job to lose. It means they have a general interest in you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work on something you did not know how to do?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The interview was with the Strategy Group. First Round was on Campus and was a 45 minutes mostly behavioral and a small case. 4 days later I was invited to Second Round and flew to their offices. Second round consisted of 2 back to back 45 minute interviews both half behavioral half case.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the total number of tires sold in the US per year   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

It is SAP GRC under the Advisory group. The first round interview was on campus with a director from another region even though I applied for the local office. The interview was 30-minute long. No technical or behavior question was asked. The conversation was smooth and nothing was unexpected. Just need to know the resume very well.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in November 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was through campus. It was a general behavioral interview and the interviewer just wanted to know what your interest areas were. Got a call one week later for an Inside Office Look. The day before the actual interview we had a reception dinner at a very nice restaurant. Nice conversation with all the company officials. Next morning had 2 30 min back to back interviews with two directors. General questions, nothing technical or too difficult. Then it was followed by a presentation and ended with a lunch at a fancy restaurant. Nice experience. Be sure to be proactive during the interview process and very conversational during the reception.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were a leader. How did you handle multiple projects at a time? Can you tell me when did you work in a project and what role did you play?(Like a leader or etc)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Low starting salary

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in November 2014.

Interview

First was contacted by a national recruiter, then talked with regional director through the phone for 30 minutes, discussing the nature of the position and type of work. Then had an office visit for an hour during which interview was done with a manager and a director.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too out of ordinary. Mostly behavioral questions. Asked questions such as describe a time when you have to face difficulties during work and when you have to take leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC).

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter saying he wanted to schedule a phone interview. I responded immediately, told him I was on vacation so I had open availability all week and would love to connect, blah blah. Then, silence. I followed up twice. No response. Then, just to test to see if he was a legit person, I found him on LinkedIn and sent him a connect request. He accepted it immediately. So then I emailed him a third time, and STILL no response. Nothing. I'll probably never bother applying for a job at KPMG because of this experience. Totally unprofessional. I don't get it...

Advisory Associate Interview

Interview

Applied through the University career center, It took about 2weeks, and I got on-site campus interview. Before the interview, I prepared behavioral questions but mostly it was conversation style interview. Didn't asked specific my work experiences or projects.