KPMG Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.6

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Written test first, and there was interview round with manager and then the partner. The last session was to meet the team. Very friendly. Offer received in about two weeks,

Interview Questions

• Career goal, why valuation, but no technical quesitons   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Straightforward, including psychometric tests. Two rounds Nothing you wouldn't expect No difficult or quantitative questions CV review and discussion about interests Also discussion on previous experience and motivation for joining Why you want to work in team etc etc

Negotiation

Strarightforward

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

This was a panel interview, asking very standard questions. Not that taxing if you do your research about the company and the team. They were interested in my industry knowledge and asked me a few probing questions on that.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Stage 1: Online Application Form The application form is your chance to tell us about your academic background and any work experience. It should take about 20 minutes to complete. Stage 2: Situational Judgement Test After you’ve submitted your application form, you’ll receive a link to a Situational Judgement Test (SJT) within one working day. The SJT presents you with hypothetical, challenging situations that you could encounter at work as a trainee with KPMG. In response to each situation, you have a choice of possible actions you can take to deal with it. The SJT takes around 30 minutes to complete. You will need to complete it within 7 days – please do not apply until you have sufficient time to take the tests within the specified time limit. Stage 3: Online Numerical and Verbal Reasoning Tests If you’re successful in your SJT, you’ll be asked to sit the online verbal reasoning test and the numerical reasoning test. Each test will take around 20 minutes, so make sure you have enough time before you begin. You will need to complete them within 7 days – please do not apply until you have sufficient time to take the tests within the specified time limit. Designed especially for KPMG, they’re not only used to see how good you are at reading and maths. They look at your ability to analyse numerical and verbal data – skills that you’ll need on the job. Stage 4: First Round Interview If you’re successful in the reasoning tests, you’ll be invited to join a telephone interview that should last around 45 minutes. We will try to ensure the interview is with someone from the business area you’ve applied to and it will focus on your behavioural capabilities through KPMG’s competency and scenario based questions. Stage 5: Immersive Assessment Centre On the Assessment Day we’ll provide background information about a fictional organisation based on KPMG. All activities during the day will be based on the fictional organisation for you to experience a ‘day in the life’ of a KPMG trainee: ■The Virtual Office Exercise is laptop-based. Simulating day-to-day situations, you’ll be given messages (for example, emails, voicemails) and expected to prioritise and deal with various tasks within a time limit. ■The Analysis Exercise is also laptop-based and lasts around an hour. We’ll ask you to review complex information and present your recommendations in written form. ■Lunch is your chance to relax, meet some of our trainees and hear their views about life at KPMG. ■Two Simulated Meetings assess how you’d handle a client and an internal meeting. This exercise is designed to give you a real insight into the types of meetings you could find yourself in at KPMG. Succeed on the assessment day and you’ll be invited back to the office you’ve applied for to meet a Partner or Director from your chosen area. Stage 6: Final Interview This will be more in-depth than the first round interview. If you’ve applied for our Advisory or Central Services, Sales and Marketing business areas, we will also ask you to prepare a presentation. If you are unsuccessful you will be informed and we will follow up with an email to confirm the decision and offer the option to request feedback.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Budapest (Hungary)) in April 2014.

Interview

i applied online and got an first phone interview with with HR. The second interviwe took place in their local offices where I met the partner for a face to face interview. The overall experience was good and the managed to get an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• General personality, past experience and technical tax related questions   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Birmingham, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online, requested for initial interview, then a second interview, then I got the offer

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Two interviews - both with directors at the office I was applying to

Negotiation

Not much really, offer made, little room for negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

It was clear and straight forward with needed number of rounds and questions were apt to the profile and fits at right line. It was really a great experience with their strategic approach in organizing the interview with clear round of filtering and constant communications keeping me updated.

Interview Questions

• If you are temporarily replaced for your partner for a week - what will you do?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

You have to apply on KPMG india website and your CV will be reviewd and find suitable enough then the HR will call you for 1st round of face to face interview. If you will clear that technical round with Manager / Sr. manager and finally with Partner round.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview was based on practical aspects, realistic approach. total 3 rounds of interview were conducted, one by HR, one reporting manager and one hod.

Negotiation

could not negotiate, the process is very stringent, take it or move attitude.