KPMG Associate Consultant Interview Questions

3.5

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

An email was sent to confirm the on-campus interview. After selecting a date, a notice for pre-interview dinner event came up. Many interviewers and greeters did show up but my interviewer did not. Next day, an on-campus interview was held. The interviewer was a Director. He just went through my resume from top to the bottom and asked very general behavioral interview questions. Questions on my major and industry, and added his explanation about the industry as I hesitated a little. After a week, an email was sent that I did not make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion about technology? (was quite vague)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

First, talked to a recruiter. Then, sent an application. Next, had a phone interview with a principal in the practice I was interviewing for. Finally, they flew me out to Atlanta for a 2 day interview process. The first day was an informal meet and greet, followed by a dinner with employees. Next day was a morning seminar, ending with 3 one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• How will your degree from college help you in our practice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Contacted via e-mail after online app. Was invited to office and interviewed with directors.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2012.

Interview

telephonic interview 2 rounds followed by one face to face/VC interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much open to negotiation.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

HR round; Technical Round; case study

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Bangalore (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

4 rounds of Interview. They check lot of ppt and Excel skills. Other things like structured thinking and communication skills are also checked.

Interview Questions

• You are the sports minister. How will you make sure that Basketball takes off in India just like cricket?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Campus recruitment process-GD ,then hr cum technical interview.GD had moderate -difficult topics-out of box thinking appreciated.Interview had combination of strategy,guesstimate hr questions and some questions on resume-(no prior work ex)

Interview Questions

• Prepare a costing strategy for an online promotional campaign   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

There are 2 rounds of Interview. 1. Telephonic 2. Face to face The interview lasts 40 to 50 minutes where all aspects of the employee are put to test. the panel consists of 2 to 3 people. Questions are extremely technical and in depth study is required . Your CV is put to complete scrutiny and all aspects of your knowledge are tested

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself on a scale of 10 and justify your rating   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in December 2009.

Interview

My interview process was split up into 2 days - group work and skills test on one day, and the partner presentation the following day. Group interview was not too difficult, we had to analyse the case and provide our solution. Basically, the company wanted to see that we can work in group, how we organise the discussion etc.. Skills test was on the computer - and given a limited time to complete the task I felt under a lot of time pressure. Partner interview felt relatively comfortable, the partner was quite laid-back and friendly. I got a rejection in the end - and according to the feedback I haven't performed well on the computer-based test.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Mumbai (India)) in June 2008.

Interview

Multiple levels of interview. Predominantly case interviews in one-on-one as well as panel format. Case problem provided. Problem structuring, detailed analysis and strong conclusions expected. Some degree of guidance provided. Articulation key to success. Some degree of sector knowledge expected but not key. Core consulting skills are the focus of the evaluation exercise.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a leading retailer improve profitability?   Answer Question