KPMG

Getting the Interview

107 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details – A lot of recruiting events and being able to network with many professionals at the firm. The firm creates a lot of fun events in order to be able to socialize with professionals to see if you fit their culture and be able to work with them as a team.

Interview Question – Most difficult question that was asked is where do you see yourself in 5 years from now and what are your plans and goals.   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details – Go through resume and behavior questions.

Interview Question – Why KPMG? Why audit? Leadership. Conflict.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – Posted resume through university's website and was selected for an interview on-campus. Interviewed with partner on-campus and was selected for second round of interviews on-site at Mclean, VA. Second round of interviews included a dinner reception. Had two interviews: one with a manager and one with a partner. Heard back within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Question – Why did you pick KPMG?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG in March 2010.

Interview Details – Two part interview process. First, was on campus with an audit partner. He asked three standard interview questions and then we talked about traveling and trashy reality TV. The second part, I was brought in to the office for a full day of activities (which were to see how you interacted with others, if you were a leader/follower, someone that the firm would like to work with, etc.), a fancy lunch, and two more shorter interviews with different managers and partners of the firm. The interviews were all very smooth and the interviewers made the atmosphere calm and easy going.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions. No curveballs or stumpers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. KPMG has a salary matrix and that is what you will get if you accept the offer.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in April 2012.

Interview Details – 2-3 interviews. process takes two days

Interview Question – tell us three bad qualities about yourself   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with HR manager. It went really well. Went to office interview with the partner and Senior Manager, after 10-20 days, they told me that they are not pursuing my candidacy. Really loved the culture and environment.

Interview Question – Regular questions   Answer Question

Carbondale, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went through my school's recruitment process and was interviewed by KPMG. The only contact I had with KPMG was in the interview. The process was quite smooth and although I did not get an offer I would say the over all experience was positive overall. the questions for the most part typical of any interview.

Interview Question – How long would it take for a bowling ball to reach the bottom of the ocean?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details – Intense interview. You can expect alot of technical questions about accounting, so be prepared. I interview with two people in the same room. Also, be prepared for critical thinking questions as well

Interview Question – Explain goodwill   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details – Positive experience. Asked some specific questions about my resume as well as the traditional questions such as " Tell me about a time when you had to work in a group" or "If we were to hire you, what you specifically bring to the group?"

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in September 2013.

Interview Details – I initially met KPMG associates at the on-campus career fair for accounting students. Afterwards they had several socials and dinners. About a month later they held on-campus interviews followed with in-office interviews (aka office visits).

Interview Question – How do you go about telling someone, whether at work or in a group project, that they are incorrect?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I felt like the people were very boring. I know this sounds like a strange answer, but at the socials and in the interviews I just never "clicked" with their professionals.

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Audit Associate interview questions and advice. All 107 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.