KPMG Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)) in September 2013.

Interview

We were divided into groups and were given the opportunity to get to know each other before anything started. First, we were given a short presentation (3D printing). Then, each group is brought into a room where we discuss about what to talk about (had to do a group presentation), ie the pros, cons, ethical issues, operational issues of 3D printing. Given the case, we were like advisors, trying to convince or discourage the BOD, from investing or not investing in that particular technology. After presentation, comes the essay writing (no options given) and the face-to-face interview with three hiring managers/ interviewers. At the end of the day, names of those who will be offered the job will be announced.

Interview Questions

• The topic for presentation may not be the same. So it will be impossible to be prepared.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (McLean, VA).

Interview

Posted resume through university's website and was selected for an interview on-campus. Interviewed with partner on-campus and was selected for second round of interviews on-site at Mclean, VA. Second round of interviews included a dinner reception. Had two interviews: one with a manager and one with a partner. Heard back within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ino, Kochi (Japan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Ino, Kochi (Japan)) in October 2013.

Interview

KPMG called for a walk in interview. The first step of the process was a Accounting concept test followed by an Excel test. Then there was the technical interview. Then it was follwed by a salary negotiation as well as in depth understanding of how the job actually works and what the company expects from us.

Interview Questions

• Explain the sales return process in detail with the adjusting accounting entries and what happens if the sales returns entered was the mistake from accountants side?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was mainly for salary, you can negotiate your expected salary with what they are actually providing.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Just graduated from GMU with Finance and Accounting (05/2014). That already was a big plus because alot of the talent pool that interviewed only had one or the other. Passed 2 out of 4 of the CPA exam which was another HUGE plus. I already know at least 3 partners, 5 Senior Managers, Tons of Employees. Luckily for me, I knew where they happy hours are generally located. This job took me about 1 year of groundwork. I got a tip that they were looking and it was by a Manager I knew already. There was one "pre-screen" interview. One official "Phone Interview". One face to face. Then one "Phone Interview" with my team. They ask very technical stuff during interviews. They also asked why we should higher you versus the other qualified people. Luckily, I have official awards and achievements that I brought with me to symbolize my value to KPMG and sure enough it worked. They asked specific problems that I encountered, and what I exactly did to fix them. Google STAR Matrix and KPMG 8 Core Competencies and know them sharp They liked me for three reasons, my network all knew me and vouched for me, my previous experience in the Federal Government, and finally my interview skills focusing in on my awards, plaques, achievements, and deliverables. Word of advice, if you apply through the website, you will definitely be competing with the brightest and talented group of people. If you cannot catch up, you will be eliminated quickly.

Interview Questions

• There are other more qualified candidates pursuing this position. Why should we higher you over them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight up, no negotiation. You submit an offer, they accept/reject - thats it

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2013.

Interview

applied the job through email, and then a test is sent to me. finished the test few days ago, still waiting for reply.

Interview Questions

• The test is a little tough for me, especially hard to finish within the time frame.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2011.

Interview

It takes so long. And nothing happens during the wait. They meet you. And then you start waiting. Then you wait some more. Then you write. Then you call. Then they respond that they are finalizing the process. You call your references/ They called none. But that's fine. They give you the job (seriously?).

Interview Questions

• Interview was personal and regular questions were asked. e.g. what are strength and weaknesses. Questions on previous experience was also asked for clarity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Intense interview. You can expect alot of technical questions about accounting, so be prepared. I interview with two people in the same room. Also, be prepared for critical thinking questions as well

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2008.

Interview

Step 1-English and Math test Step 2- Case study&1:1interview with managers Step 3- Interview with Partner

Interview Questions

• If there are 3 managers ask you to finish 3 tasks with 3 different deadline, how do you handle them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (McLean, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

KPMG is very nice, they have a get together for all those that are going to be interviewing and they let you ask questions and get familiar with the company. They look for many things, not just grades and the way they choose who to give offers to sometimes makes no sense. If you get along very well with your interviewer then you are most likely to get called back for a 2nd interview but if not do not hold your breath.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a group and someone in the group didn't do their part...   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in December 2010.

Interview

At the beginning of November, I applied for KPMG LLP Audit Associate by online submission. After two weeks, I got a phone interview suggestion. The phone interview last 35 minutes. After two weeks from that phone interview, I got an offer for an on-site interview. At the beginning of Dec, I visited the office and met several people such as Senior manager, Partners. I had an interview with 5 people for almost 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• What the most difficult situation you have experienced related to ethical issue?   Answer Question