KPMG

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in April 2012.

Interview Details – 2-3 interviews. process takes two days

Interview Question – tell us three bad qualities about yourself   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the Campus Recruiter and then 3 in person interviews of 30 min each with different managers and partners in the office. All behavioral questions and conversations about my background and "why accounting / KPMG". Most of my interviews were just like normal conversations and only one resorted to a pre determined list of questions.

Interview Question – Describe a recent ethical dilemma and how you handled it.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very laid back. Not challenging-Asked behavior questions

Interview Question – Asked what would you do in this type of situation....   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – I was hired full-time through first going through the KPMG internship program as a junior in college. I went through college recruiting where I had a first round interview with a KPMG recruiter at my campus career center. Then I was invited in for the second and final round of interviews, which was a full day over-night interview process, which included dinner with professionals, paid hotel room for the night in the city, and 2 interviews the next morning with a manager and a partner. All questions were behavioral and the partner interview was particularly informal - at this point, they want to just get to know you and whether they'd be interested in having you on one of their audit teams.

Interview Question – Please give a situation in which you were in an ethically compromising situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiation as salaries are the same across the board for all interns and new-hires. However there is a higher salary for new hires who can demonstrate that they've completed 150 units towards their CPA. Also bonuses for passing all 4 CPA exams within the first two years of hire.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two partners and a manager. All behavioral. Coming from a top school, networking into an interview was not that difficult. Had a tour of the facilities and was accompanied to lunch by two Associates. Met with a recruiter to wrap up the four hour affair, and now patiently waiting for an offer.

Interview Question – Why KPMG?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in October 2010.

Interview Details – I went on KPMG office visit where I was selected from many candidates from various universities.Later, I submitted resume through a career center of my university, and received a call and was invited to the interview. The interview took place at their SF office. I was interviewed by Senior Manager and Partner.

Interview Questions

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in November 2010.

Interview Details – KPMG's recruiting team is very friendly, and the entire interview process is very well-structured. It consisted of several presentations from the management, an introduction of the firm, a very nice dinner with partners, managers, and senior associates, and group activities! I had second round interviews with two managers, both were recently promoted. The interview process concluded with a lunch with two new associates. By the time you have lunch with them, they are not evaluating you anymore, so relax and enjoy the meal! My advice to you is to be collaborative in the group activities, do not try to dominate other teammates. You are closely watched by the recruiters, and teamwork is a very important aspect of working in audit teams.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – It was a hard decision, because KPMG's recruiting team was very friendly and welcoming. But I also received an offer from another big 4, which I feel like it's a better fit for me.

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG in October 2009.

Interview Details – KPMG first came on-campus and held first round interviews on campus. It was a 30 minute interview with a KPMG audit partner. It was more of a conversation than an interview, I think they just want to see if they like you. After my interview my interviewer said I would probably make it to 2nd rounds and to call him if I changed my mind about audit. I thought that was kind of weird but I was happy to hear that he thought I would make it!

During 2nd rounds, KPMG put us up in a hotel. We had intro and dinner the first afternoon and the following morning we had to do some group teambuilding exercises and then we had 2 30-minute interviews with a partner and a senior manager. Both were extremely nice and easy to talk to. It was really more about talking about my resume and also a conversation. After the interviews, they took us out for lunch!

Interview Question – What's a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Audit Associate interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.