KPMG Audit Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

Audit Interview

Interview

The interview started at 8am and ended at about 3pm. I interviewed with one manager and one partner. Before and after the interview, there are several seniors to whom you can ask questions. We also played 3 games, and I think it was to test your communication and leadership ability. The interview ended after the lunch.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

You go to a dinner the night before to meet who you will be interviewing with so you feel more at ease with them. The interview is very easy and conversational. Tell me about yourself, what do you like to do etc. Me and my partner ended up talking about sports the whole time

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What do you like to do, Why did you choose accounting   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, set salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The overall interview process was good. I applied through campus recruiting and was selected for an interview. On the night before the interview, KPMG treated all of the interviewees to dinner. The first interview was a relaxing conversation. The following day, I received a call back that I was granted an office visit. During the office visit process, KPMG pays for you to stay in a hotel and hosts a networking dinner the night before. The office visit had two 30 minute interviews with a manager and a senior manager. There was also a panel to answer questions with 3 KPMG professionals. The senior manager called me a few hours later and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Bloomington, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with the head campus recruiter multiple times prior to the interview. At the interview I met with an associate to ask general questions then was interviewed by a partner. Meeting with the associate was a good way to get a relaxed feel before meeting with the partner. The partner was very excited to meet with me and was interested in what I wanted from the company, and what I could offer it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy and informal. You go through a presentation, sit down with a senior manager then sit down with a partner for about 30 mins. Then you get a great lunch!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through both school website and official website. Interviewed on campus one week after. Interviewed by a manager. Pretty casual conversation, generally run through the resume. Be sure to prepare good questions to ask the interviewer.

Audit Interview

Interview

Everyone was really friendly and the process was relatively simple: application, first round interview, then an in-house second round interview. The company does a great job of letting you meet people in the firm from a partner to associates as well as putting on social events. All interviews were really friendly and thorough.

Interview Questions

• My interviewer asked me about my GPA and if being involved in so many extra curriculas hindered me from doing better in school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I started off with an on-campus interview. I didn't really know much about the company and hadn't met any professionals although my school held a lot of events to encourage networking. The interview was very easy, the interviewer was very nice and welcoming and just asked me to walk her through my resume and what I learned from each job. I articulated the leadership and communication skills I learned and she was pleased. The interview was very conversational and she left a lot of time for questions. I was not very interested in KPMG since EY wass my top choice, but she made that all change. I was informed I got the second round interview the next day, and a week later I had my office visit. The night before the interviews we had a dinner with KPMG professionals and it was very nice if you know how to socialize. The next day, we had a variety of presentations, team building exercises, an office tour, interviews (one with a partner, another with a senior manager), and a very nice lunch with 2 associates. I would say that if you are a genuine, social, and nice person, there is no reason why you shouldn't get an offer. Got my offer 2 hours after the interview.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR person: Mostly behavioural questions Senior Manager Interview: went into more depth on my resume and wanted to find out how I carried out the accomplishments I listed on my resume. Partner Interview: Leadership questions. Wanted to know about leadership roles I had taken on the past and how I was able to multitask. Had lunch with two Senior Associates,where I was asked several more questions in a more casual setting.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Your greatest personal accomplishment and the steps you took to accomplish it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotation

Audit Interview

Interview

Resume, Internet application, numerical and verbal test, interview at last. Verbal test is hard, the others are not so hard. You need to prepare by doing some SAT reading tests maybe