KPMG Audit Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was rather easy. They asked about you and your experience. Everybody was very helpful. I gave negative experience only because I have to wait 2 weeks until they decided not to proceed with my application. After denial I try to apply to San Francisco office where Experienced staff was in great demand. But at that time I was no longer eligible for transfer L1 visa. As the result i do not get job with L visa and have to wait until H1B. And KPMG lose experienced professional who are in demand in other offices.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Stamford, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

Came in and saw 2 partners. casual chat with the first one mostly talking about his experience with the firm over the years and answered some questions from me. Second partner wanted to know specific areas of audit work i have done in the past.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you since you are leaving you old job. how do we know you will not leave us like you are leaving them.   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Expect some behavioral questions. I was hired from an internship position. Originally, i was interviewed on campus. I do recall some tough questions, but overall, the interview seemed more laid back than some of the other big accounting firms. Once I got past the on-campus interview, I did interview with several other members of management prior to being offered my full-time position after graduation.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Interview

It was what I expected. They came on campus for a first round. Then the second round was held in the office. Soon after, the they called to give an offer and I was able to start with the next start class.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation working on a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview took place with 4 different individuals - all senior managers and partner level. Each lasted 30 minutes, and they asked various questions each. In all, they covered topics from specific accounting treatment for PP&E, how I have worked with bosses that I did not get along with in the past, how my work culture was, and the reason for why I quit. They gave me a good overview of what the new place of work would be like.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with any managers you did not like? How did you resolve that situation and what was your reaction?   Answer Question
    • Explain to how to test PP&E depreciation expense.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None really. Just bid high, and they'll reward.

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

This was 3 years ago, but.... The initial process was through campus recruiting and was well run. I felt comfortable with the recruiter, and the questions were pretty standard (why did you pick accounting, how have you done in your classes, etc). I flew out to San Francisco for an interview and was treated very well (comparable to other firms, but with a more personal touch because the people picked to have dinner/breakfast with me had common interests that had clearly been selected for that reason). Interviews went well and were still primarily vanilla questions - it was also great that the process seemed to be geared toward a mutual fit. I was allowed to ask a lot of questions, and got to talk to the partners and managers about their clients and experiences. What really stood out was the professionalism of the recruiting team. Another Big 4 firm really dropped the ball in terms of coordination and follow-up (with the exception of an offer, which was extended within a few hours). KPMG's recruiters were organized, friendly and prompt (and still quick with an offer)

Negotiation

This was an entry level position, and while I was honest with the recruiter about a marginally higher offer from another firm, there wasn't really any room to negotiate. The interview process also took place in late 2010 when the market was still pretty weak.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I interviewed at KPMG (Harrisburg, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Hiring process started for me with an on campus visit. KPMG tends to send a manager that was a graduate from the specific college since they know the professors and seek the advice from them as to who to hire. On campus interviews are held with the manager to determine if there is a chance for an internship. Very rarely are individuals hired directly. The use the internship and externship processes as on extended interview.

Interview Questions

• Fill a sheet of paper with information about yourself. This tests your writing skills as well as grammar. It also allows the interviewer to learn more about you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non. Starting Salary is what it is at this point

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Interview

As the position I applied was for internship, most of the questions were from HR. What they really want to know is your motivation to work there and if you have a clear idea of what you are up against. They seek for highly motivated young people, who can work in teams. Accounting and finance background is second to that.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions for this position. If you cover the basic HR questions, you will have no problem.   Answer Question

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Doha (Qatar)) in December 2010.

Interview

My friend submitted my CV to the HR and they scheduled phone interview which took half an hour almost, after couple of days, they scheduled the technical interview which took like half an hour as well, they prepared the contract and sent it to me for review and signature, I negotiated the terms of the contract regarding the salary and vacation days, and after the agreement over the condition the contract were signed and approved