KPMG Audit Trainee Interview Questions

3.1

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in September 2014.

Interview

Process starts when you apply online at KPMG's website. After you have filled the form, a person will call you from HR for your interview schedule. Some candidates are interviewed by Managers and some by Partners. My interview took place with partner. Those who are interviewed by managers are then interviewed by partners, if they qualify the first interview. I don't have any experience with managers but partners generally ask questions about yourself. Examples: Tell me about yourself. Why did you took so many attempts to pass etc. Interview duration: 5 minutes

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tirana (Albania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Tirana (Albania)) in December 2013.

Interview

I first contacted the company human resources team and sent an updated version of my resume. The email communication followed, with the team expressing their interest in advancing my application further. I was advised to complete the application form, which could be found online at the company website. It asked for personal details, specifying position, and career development questions. I was successful and I was invited to a test based in accounting, logical reasoning, English as a foreign language and personality test. Passing this stage also I was invited to an interview with a Manager of the Department to which I applied and finally a partner interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a complex project that you have been recently involved with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer without negotiation.

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in November 2012.

Interview

- Test (Accounting, English, Logical, Behavioral questions) - Interview with manager (mostly behavioral questions with some technical ones) - Interview with partner (behavioral questions)

Audit Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

test interview with psychologist interview with partner

Interview Questions

they were unprofessional and rude

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in March 2012.

Interview

You have to be confident , dont panic be prepared for getting it tougher and tougher finally be prepared i mean review your syllabus.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to join us? (every one has the same answer that your are the best but thats not what they want to hear something exceptional can make you different from other candidates.)   Answer Question

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in December 2011.

Interview

KPMG TH hires trainees two times i a year, this trend my vary depending on the needs of the firm. The first step is to submit an online application, which assesses your qualification, experience, nationality and several other criterias, As a second step the candidate is invited in the firm for an aptitude test, the aptitude test consisits of 3 to 4 parts which includes English, Audit, Financial Reporting and IQ based questions, Minimum passing criteria is to achieve at least 55 to 60 % marks. As a third step the candidates are called for an interview with the manager, The interview starts in a cosy way like tell me about your self, why do you want to join this firm, what are your future plans. Than a roud starts for technical questions, they basically consist of financial reporting standards and auditing standards. If succesful than the candidate is called for an interview with the partner, partner interview can vary they sometimes just ask your background, aims etc, technical questions are rarely asked. If a candidate is selected he is informed by a phone call and email. The salary is basically a stipend which is fixed by Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan. (ICAP)

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding IAS 39 are not asked in accordance with the book content they are asked through examples so one should be always careful while answering them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed salary bands no negotiation

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strovolos (Cyprus)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Strovolos (Cyprus)) in December 2010.

Interview

I got an email after I have submitted my CV that I was selected for a first round 45 minute interview at their site. I got an email 2 weeks later from the interviewer that I was not sellected. I had a 1:1 interview From the HR person. There were typical questions like "How do you see yourself in 5 years from now?"

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in October 2010.

Interview

HR interview followed by interview conducted by Audit Partner. Candidate is tested on both technical knowledge / academic record basis. Confidence factor and communication skills do help a lot. Facial expressions are also given consideration. Current affairs knowledge is also tested.

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in October 2009.

Interview

Applied by filling up a form at Head Office. Got a call from HR department 15 days later for an interview. Got another call the next for an interview 4 days after by an Audit Partner. Got a confirmation call 3 days later and was asked to submit required documents.

Interview Questions

• Preference among Big Four firms.   1 Answer