KPMG

Getting the Interview

29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG in December 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by email, then several phone interviews. Finally flew me to NYC for a "Face to Face" interview. Always knew what my status was due to good follow-up with the primary contact at KPMG. Was offered the job after my personal interview and things moved pretty fast to get me on-board.

Interview Question – I was told during the interview that I would not be responsible for bringing in business but after I started working, it was evident that in order to stay employed or be selected for additional projects, what business you brought in was part of your job!!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Keep in mind the travel involved and the time away from family. They seem to like to pay high dollar but expect you to stay busy and every hour is "billed" to a client.

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details – kpmg interviewed me six times. three of them were face to face interviews.

Interview Question – what would you do if you dont get a job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details – The process was pretty standard. Nothing technical or accounting specific but rather looking to see if it would be a fit in their culture.

Interview Question – Explain a time you encountered something unethical.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Went with another company.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2010.

Interview Details – On campus interview which led to an on site interview. Both went well and so accepted an offer,

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in June 2011.

Interview Details – Met with a manager and a managing director. Managing director appeared to be hyped up on something and edgy. Very hard to follow. Would not have worked for him if offered the position. HR appeared to be scrabbling and added a third interviewer in last minute which appeared to throw off the schedule. Not very well organized and did not leave a position impression of the company. Also, they continued to try and sell me on how KPMG has audit and tax relationships with companies so it is easy for them to move into the advisory consulting space with the same clients. This did not seem to be the case in practice for them and was not a logical sell.

Interview Question – No specific question just a very difficult person to interview with. Seemed like he wasn't sure where he was going with questions at any given time which made it impossible to put forth a good image.   Answer Question

Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in October 2009.

Interview Details – The consulting company arranged the interview and it was quick and easy. KPMG is a global company and there are many people in the US on rotation from around the world. As such, many people do not have great English communication skills, and this can lead to misunderstandings. There are many, many consultants here, and they are given autonomy and expected to pick up the ball and run with it.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated with consulting company for a higher rate.

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG in June 2009.

Interview Details – First send your information to the human resources via email, then they will notify you for further information if you get an invitation to interview. The interview will take place in the office. With the HR, director from the division that you are potentially working for, and the partner.

They want people who can work long hours and good work ethic. Over time working is inevitable - show that you don't care.

Interview Question – We have a lot more qualified candidate than you. What makes you stand out from them?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had initial telephone conversations before formally entering process. Was then assigned a buddy and scheduled for a first round case interview. If successful there is then a final interview with a panel of partners.

Interview Question – If you could only work for one client for the rest of your career who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Paris (France)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in September 2013.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews, one with a manager, one with a director and one with a partner. First one was rather technical but not knowing to ask most of their accounting questions doesn't seem to disqualify you. The second one was more of a "fit" interview (why KPMG, why consulting,...). The last interview with the partner is quite similar : fit questions, in depth analysis of your career trajectory,...

Interview Question – Accounting questions during the 1st interview. Coming from an engineering background, I was utterly hopeless at this part, and still I moved up to the second interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No flexibility as far as salary is concerned. They have their standards (uni/school you come from, xp...) and they stick to it. And this wasn't for lack of trying

Very Easy Interview

Consultant Interview

Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – Grad recuitment, AC, interview

Negotiation Details – None.

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Consultant interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.