KPMG

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details – First you upload your personal information, after that there is a situational test where they provide with a video and a scenario and you have to select the best and worst option. Then there are numerical and verbal reasoning tests. After that there is a phone interview that lasts about 45 minutes and an assessment centre follows that.

Interview Question – Pick a company that has had some difficulties recently and propose 4 things that would help their problems.   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – I passed the online tests and had a telephone interview. The interview felt a bit rushed and the interviewer called late and told me she was ill. They asked all the questions you'd expect from the competencies listed on their website. Make sure you have a good few examples for each one as in the feedback I was told that it was only one question which I slipped up on.

Interview Question – Was asked a question on a time I had delivered quality and, according to feedback, I had not provided a clear enough example.   Answer Question

Interview Details – Detailed on their website

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you missed a deadline   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interview Details – We will not post reviews containing:

Rants, venting, or obscenities
Personal insults or defamatory attacks (by name, title, or association)
Aggressive or discriminatory language
Trade secrets or information protected by employer contracts
Content not relevant or helpful to our community
Text in ALL CAPS or using excessively poor grammar
Please read our Community Guidelines for more information about our review criteria.

I applied online and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – Applied for transaction services - got through to telephone interview stage. You talk to someone who works in your department, not HR. The questions are all competency based; 3 of the 5 ones they tell you they will look for. There are a couple of situational judgement questions i.e. what would you do in this situation. There are also the standard why KPMG, why this department questions. Commercial awareness is really important, make sure that you know a company that is doing well/badly and four factors that contribute to this. There was also a question on a company that is expanding globally.

Interview Question – Four factors that have contributed to a company's demise   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG in September 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round phone interview. Very typical competency based questions. The interviewer pretty much just went through the key competency listed on their career website and asked for examples of relevant past experience, so be prepared with lots of examples of yourself. The interviewer was nice, but seemed a bit impatient sometimes. So try and make your answer concise and to the point.

Interview Question – Tell me about an occasion when you have to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details – I had to fill out a very long internet form. I didn't get past this stage and I was given no feedback as to why. I think they are looking for the cheapest people they can get, because I met the requirements they specified, but may have been overqualified with a PhD.

Interview Question – Using a company of your choice, explain why you believe it has been successful or unsuccessful.   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details – One face to face interview with Director and Manager level employee. One group interview (approx 6) with HR

Interview Question – Very few technical questions asked - all very situational questions. Group activity was not difficult and very similar to other vacationer interviews at other firms.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in July 2011.

Interview Details – Good communication through out the entire process. Relaxed interview with a director and a partner, they just went through my CV and wanted to know why I wanted to work for the company and what I thought the job entailed. I had an interview on a friday and was offered the job on monday morning.

Interview Questions

Graduate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Online application
2. Psychometric testing and personality testing
3. assessment centre- 2 1:1 interviews, verification testing

Just be yourself in the interview. Be friendly and enthusiastic to stand out.
KPMG appears quite friendly and relaxed.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Graduate interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.