KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.2

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Lagos (Nigeria)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview for graduate audit trainee was done in a four-stage process. The first stage was a one minute presentation, where you'll be given a topic and to prepare for about 15 minutes and told to present for just one minute. The next stage was the group work and then a critical reasoning test that ran concurrently with the panel interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online tests include logical reasoning and numerical reasoning. Telephone interview consisting of competency questions. Assessment centre consisting of analysis exercise, virtual office exercise, and client meetings. Final partner interview including 10 minute presentation and final assessment of career motivation and business awareness.

Interview Questions

• Competency questions, career motivation, business awareness, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the T&R graduate program 2015 and just got the telephone interview there. But unfortunately I have to say it was the most negative interview experience I have ever had so far. So here is what happened: 1. the interviewer called me 7 mins later than the arranged time, the signal was bad so she ended up called me three times to get through. Then I can hear this noisy envrionment with other interviewers asking questions in the background and people going in and out. But the worst part is, she has a really really bad Indian accent with a really really low voice! accent plus mumbling, OMG, I can barely understand what she was saying! this issue was particulaly obvious when she read the long situational judgement question for me, I have to ask her to repeat several times and answered the question with a rough guessing because I didnt understand her. I tried to skip the background part but just focus on what exactly the problem she wanted me to solve, but "helpfully" enough, she will read the whole thing back to you again! 2. When there was 7 mins left, she told me oh, I have only this much time left with you and I have three questions to ask. Then she either stopped me in the middle of every answer or told me before answering to just give her several bullet points. I'm sorry but did this interview serve as helping her finish the notes so she can move onto the next candidate or it was an important recuitment process to get to know more about the candidate? Really dont think the continious interrupting manner stands for how important KPMG sees its people. The whole process finished in a rushing way and yeah I know I will be judged on making an impact, but honest to say it's hard to make an impact in this kind of interview environment. Have prepared and expected for a long time, but really disappointed to have this kind of KPMG experience. I can imagine I will fail it, but it's so unfair that it is not becasue I'm not prepared or qualified, but the interviewer. I hope KPMG could take this into consideration.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

In 2013 I got through to the final graduate advisory interview for the role. They cancelled on the day 3 times which meant I did not have an interview and decided to join a competitor.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Very well managed 3-tier interview process, where you are regularly kept informed of the next stage, and of any issues that crop up. The recruitment team are easy to get a hold of, they answer questions quickly, and are highly professional. The first stage was the online application, which I found easy to fill in as they simply want to know your basic details in order to decide whether or not you should proceed to the next stage. The second stage, and first of the interviews, was the telephone interview. My interview lasted about an hour; it was challenging yet I didn't feel as if the interviewer was out to get me. He was supportive and put me at my ease, yet still posed difficult questions that required long, detailed and structured answers. The third stage was the assessment centre. I enjoyed this day immensely, it was incredibly interesting to gain a small insight into how a typical day might work as part of an Advisory team. The in-tray task was easy enough, but you did have to ensure you stayed on task. The client role plays were very well done. The partner interview was the final stage which took place in Canary Wharf. Again, this interview lasted about an hour, but I found I was able to really put across my personality, which I wasn't able to do so much on the telephone. I had a presentation to do, and there were a number of other questions, some relating to my CV, some to the presentation and some to the business world. Overall, the process took about 4 months from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• On the spot question - Describe a recent news story and how it might impact the business world. Simply by being put on the spot, my mind went blank, and I couldn't think of anything for a while!   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and shortly after was emailed a request for me to come to their office for several interviews with HR, consultants, and partners. Everyone was really friendly and the office building opened only recently so everything was quite new. As this was for a position in Luxembourg, some questions were asked to be answered in French although most of the interviews were conducted in English. HR was very accommodating with my choices as I felt that they were quite interested in my profile and offered to arrange other interviews with other departments if I was unsure about which area to go into. All in all, very straightforward and friendly environment. However I accepted an offer elsewhere but I do like the culture at KPMG.

Interview Questions

• Why KPMG? Why Luxembourg? Why this area in which you have applied for? Why did you pursue this degree? etc. Situational judgment questions. Some technical questions regarding put options during the interview with the Central Valuations Team (CVT).   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Interview

Slick and straightforward hiring process. Online tests were challenging but interesting, telephone interview is all about preparation and assessment centre is the hardest stage. Client role plays particularly tough but be flexible and with the e tray just prioritise the few issues with a deadline. The written exercise needs to be bullet pointed and remember to focus your time on recommendations. Partner interview awaits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview for graduate job. Very structure questions based on the competencies listed on websites, 30 minutes fully, give good online feedbacks soon afterwards, and the feedback are based on each competency criteria they want Cannot remember the exact questions, but the usual competency question, tell me a time when…

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward and easily guided. Numerous psychometric tests followed by a phone interview and assessment centre. The most difficult part was the assessment centre, very full on particularly the two simulated interviews with the "line manager" and "client". The actors were helpful enough but it was still very unusual. The E-Tray exercise was straight forward. No feed back given however despite their guarantee that it would.

Interview Questions

• Most Difficult Question: Some of the questions from the "client" interview were only partially related to the questions and material set.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through an online process. First interview is an aptitude test composed of several questions gauging on reasoning and logic. The next interview was a group interview where the participants are divided into groups and given a business case to analyze. Assessors sit back, watch and take notes on the participation of candidates in the whole process. The next stage is the managers' interview. In this section, the candidate meets with the department heads(IT for my case) and a senior member of the HR. Questions in this stage are technical and focus on the competencies of the candidate. The final interview is the partners' interview.