KPMG

Getting the Interview

75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details – Very simple. Somewhat relaxed and fun.

Interview Question – How would you deal with the following situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in February 2014.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter who then passed on my information to HR. I received a call about 6 months after meeting the recruiter at a career fair. She asked if I would meet the academic requirements and a quick and professional hiring process occurred for the next month.

Interview Question – The second interviewer on my in person interview asked very concise questions that were technical. Like please describe your involvement in X. When I mentioned some of the techniques that were used in X he asked everything regarding who what where when and why surrounding X.   View Answer

Detroit, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at KPMG in May 2012.

Interview Details – Received an interview offer after participating in the Discover KPMG program. The Discover program provided an opportunity to meet potential coworkers and get a feel for the office culture.

Interview Question – Majority of interview questions were behavioral.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – Went to campus recruiting event and got invited to a first round interview on campus. Made it to second round in NYC for their Inside Look Program. It was a 2 day event and very casual and relaxing. Had 3 interviews the second day. They really were trying to get to know the candidates

Interview Question – Wouldnt say there was a difficult or unexpected question, just basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – I was selected for a first round interview through my college career center. The interview was on campus, and lasted half an hour. It was a one on one interview with an audit manager. All the questions were straightforward (mostly behavioral). A lot of the interview was conversation; ultimately he wanted to get an idea of who I was and if I would be a good fit for the office.

Interview Question – No technical questions, all behavioral. Go in having a few stories you can draw on for various behavioral situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, got second round interview

Intern

I interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details – I interview for tax intern position in KPMG. The first round was on-campus interview. Interviewer was friendly, and all questions were behavioral. After about two weeks, I was invited to the second and final round. It happened in the company. After the company's presentation, there were two interviews. It was also about behavioral questions and questions about my resume. Also, they asked how many accounting courses or related courses I took.

Interview Question – Questions were behavioral or about my resume.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details – Pre-selected for on-campus interviewing then was moved on to second round of interviews taking place during their 2-day Inside Look event. The event was great, very well organized and got to meet many employees throughout the entire hierarchy.

Had 3 different interviews with 2 directors and a senior associate, then a case study. Interviews were relaxed and made me feel comfortable. Questions are somewhat behavioral but they like to hear why you are good for a specific position.

Case study was ok. More technical knowledge was needed but interviewer acknowledge that fact.

Interview Question – How would you test an LGD model for accuracy?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – I applied for the internship through the Washington, DC externship program. All interviews geared entirely towards determining your personality and if you are a sociable, friendly person. Show that you have hobbies and enthusiasm and that you are a person that coworkers can work with in a small room. Try to get to know recruiters ahead of time through on-campus events or through personal connections.

Interview Question – Did not actually ask any questions, we just talked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting

Interview Question – Not many difficult questions.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – I got the opportunity to interview with the firm after giving my resume to a recruiter at a career fair. The interview process for me consisted of one phone interview with a Senior Associate followed by two short second round behavioral interviews. There was no case study.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the position?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Intern interview questions and advice. All 75 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.