KPMG Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

It was a behavioral-based interview. about an hour long. The interviewer was a manager and was very friendly. It helped ease nervousness because I felt like I was talking to them and not a robot like some interviews seem.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work with a difficult boss. How did you overcome it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I applied through college program and went through 2 rounds of in person interviews. Both were with partners of the firm. The interview was more conversational and I was asked a lot of behavioral questions. Heard back within 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Interview

More of a conversation than interview. I interviewed for internship during college so the interview process is more relaxed. I am not sure how the direct hire or transfer interviews are, but I think senior management made up their decision before you were interviewed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

(1) Networking events: career fairs, information session, social events (2) Online application: resume, transcript, cover letter (3) Interview Pre-select: school's online system (4) Sign up for Interviews: school's online system (5) Interview: conversational, formal

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was very laid back and easy. I applied on the school website and got an interview at school. There was a dinner the night before which was fun and laid back. Then the next morning was the interview. They asked me tell me about yourself and asked what my favorite class was. In the next two days I got a phone call saying I made it to the office visits. The people were awesome and very nice. Very great experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career services and was asked to sign up for a campus interview, but I did not sign up because I did not think I needed another internship. 8 months later, a KPMG recruiter contacted me about an additional winter internship opportunity. After a phone conversation with the recruiter (which I did not know was an actual interview), I was told that they would comtact me about an office visit. The office visit was a great experience. They checked me in at a nice hotel the night before. On the day of the interview, the candidates were given a tour around the office (which has an awesome view). The other candidates had an HR recruiter and either a manager or a partner interview them for about 30 minutes each, but for some reason I was interviewed by both the manager and the partner (I guess it worked to my advantage). They did not ask hard questions at all. There were a question or two about my resume, but it was mostly conversational. I asked questions about the firm from start to finish, asking about recent events that the company has been involved in. It was a very easy interview. After that, associates took the candidates to lunch to answer any questions we may have and to give us an idea of what it's like working for KPMG. 5 days later, I was offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• Have you had an experience working with a difficult person? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Very casual interview, the whole thing was pretty conversational and they did not ask any questions about the company or the department. They focused almost solely on my resume and would ask me detailed question about the points I had and the positions that I have held. No behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

One in-office interview, no phone interview. Interview was very casual. Interviewer was very respectful and showed genuine interest in my resume. The interview itself was short. The interview was more like a chat about my previous experiences and how they can apply to the position and what the position entails.There weren't any specific technical or behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Just a phone interview, the partner of tax had called me, was a pretty chilled out interview. Relevance of the phone call was only 5 mins, rest of the time we spoke about the flawed education system

Interview Questions

• Tell something you're doing relevant to the internship you're applying for   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I spoke with a senior manager. He was polite, but I got the distinct feeling that he had already made up his mind about me. That being said the interview was smooth and easy going. No behavioral or knowledge based questions.