KPMG International Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2014

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Stage 1: Online Application Form

The application form is your chance to tell us about your academic background and any work experience. It should take about 20 minutes to complete.

Stage 2: Situational Judgement Test

After you’ve submitted your application form, you’ll receive a link to a Situational Judgement Test (SJT) within one working day. The SJT presents you with hypothetical, challenging situations that you could encounter at work as a trainee with KPMG. In response to each situation, you have a choice of possible actions you can take to deal with it. The SJT takes around 30 minutes to complete. You will need to complete it within 7 days – please do not apply until you have sufficient time to take the tests within the specified time limit.

Stage 3: Online Numerical and Verbal Reasoning Tests

If you’re successful in your SJT, you’ll be asked to sit the online verbal reasoning test and the numerical reasoning test. Each test will take around 20 minutes, so make sure you have enough time before you begin. You will need to complete them within 7 days – please do not apply until you have sufficient time to take the tests within the specified time limit. Designed especially for KPMG, they’re not only used to see how good you are at reading and maths. They look at your ability to analyse numerical and verbal data – skills that you’ll need on the job.

Stage 4: First Round Interview

If you’re successful in the reasoning tests, you’ll be invited to join a telephone interview that should last around 45 minutes. We will try to ensure the interview is with someone from the business area you’ve applied to and it will focus on your behavioural capabilities through KPMG’s competency and scenario based questions.

Stage 5: Immersive Assessment Centre

On the Assessment Day we’ll provide background information about a fictional organisation based on KPMG. All activities during the day will be based on the fictional organisation for you to experience a ‘day in the life’ of a KPMG trainee:
■The Virtual Office Exercise is laptop-based. Simulating day-to-day situations, you’ll be given messages (for example, emails, voicemails) and expected to prioritise and deal with various tasks within a time limit.
■The Analysis Exercise is also laptop-based and lasts around an hour. We’ll ask you to review complex information and present your recommendations in written form.
■Lunch is your chance to relax, meet some of our trainees and hear their views about life at KPMG.
■Two Simulated Meetings assess how you’d handle a client and an internal meeting. This exercise is designed to give you a real insight into the types of meetings you could find yourself in at KPMG.

Succeed on the assessment day and you’ll be invited back to the office you’ve applied for to meet a Partner or Director from your chosen area.

Stage 6: Final Interview

This will be more in-depth than the first round interview. If you’ve applied for our Advisory or Central Services, Sales and Marketing business areas, we will also ask you to prepare a presentation.

If you are unsuccessful you will be informed and we will follow up with an email to confirm the decision and offer the option to request feedback.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG International

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG International in June 2012.

Interview was based on practical aspects, realistic approach. total 3 rounds of interview were conducted, one by HR, one reporting manager and one hod.

could not negotiate, the process is very stringent, take it or move attitude.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Munich (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at KPMG International in July 2012.

I initially applied for the Restructuring Advisory but was contacted from People Center (centralized HR Division in Berlin) whether I would consider to work for Financial Advisory given my background. Two weeks later I had a 1:1 interview in Munich with a Partner and Assistant Manager (had been rescheduled due to business issues on KPMG side). Unfortunately the process then took another 4 months until I started the job and nobody could actually explain why. There were no more interviews or anything else.

Interview Questions
    • It was a simple personal fit interview. No technical questions at all.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. In the interview I was already told it would be a take it or leave it offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

You have to apply on KPMG india website and your CV will be reviewd and find suitable enough then the HR will call you for 1st round of face to face interview. If you will clear that technical round with Manager / Sr. manager and finally with Partner round.

Worked for KPMG International? Contribute to the Community!