KPMG International Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG International (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application -> Online Test -> Telephone interview -> Assessment centre -> Partner interview ->Offer

As stated on the company website. Need to prepare for nine core competencies they valued. The telephone interview questions included two types: behaviour based (using STAR technique to answer) and situation based question (how you deal with the virtual situation what happens in day to day activity of the role you apply for)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG International

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG International in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, completed two online tests in October and was invited to a Telephone Interview in December. Quite difficult considering it was meant to be mainly competency questions, whilst there were competency questions like a time when you have overcome a challenge I was also asked to talk about a company that I have been impressed by recently and why they are performing well, what challenges they have in the future and finally what their competitors may do to harm them, thankfully I had prepared for a similar question in an interview beforehand.
    The second stage was an AC where there was an E-tray exercise, a stage where we had to write a summary/recommendations based on a report of a company and then a numerical test. No interview which made the day far less stressful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a company that you have been recently interested in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International.

Interview

Online Tests sent to you after application. This test is very crucial to your application. For financial services audit, the tests with regards to numbers is regarded highly.
    Followed by Interview by senior manager of department which was normal, nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Very little time for the online tests. 18 questions within 6 minutes.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG International (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

One to one interview, lots of situational questions asked based on your experience (previous intern/cca/job) Interviewer was generally very friendly, very keen to answer any question and share their experience.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG International (Lagos (Nigeria)) in July 2014.

Interview

The Recruitment process involved two interviews. One with a panel, the other with a partner.
    The first interview included a 70 questions critical reasoning test, a one-on-panel interview and a group discussion with other potential candidates.

The questions were majorly behavioral in nature and not too difficult

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International.

Interview

Applied through company website, went through online assessment tests. They emailed me to schedule a phone interview. Very polite emails.

Questions include:
    Tell me about yourself
    Why KPMG
    Why audit
    What did you do during your internship
    How did you think about the long working hours

Interview Questions

• What did you do during your internship? How did you for that particular section that you were in charge of?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in May 2014.

Interview

Why do you want to work for KPMG rather than the other 3 big companies?
    Tell me about an occasion when you have had to deal with an angry customer.
    Tell me a time you missed a deadline?
    What is the current challenge facing by our clients?
    Tell me about your previous experience
    Why KPMG?
    Why Forensic?
    Tell me about a time when you worked in a team. Did you build a solid relationship with anyone in that team?
    Can you give me an example of how you were 'resilient and persevered?'
    What contributions you think you can make to the firm?
    What is the most challenging thing you have faced professionally?
    What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    What part of forensic accounting interests you the most?
    What is a hidden talent you may have?
    Asked when I was in a difficult situation with a deadline where I didn't know what to do, and what I did to get the project done on time. How I use time management and planning.
    How do you go about telling someone, whether at work or in a group project, that they are incorrect?
    Where do you see yourself in five years?
    Tell me about a time that your supervisor gave you a constructive suggestion, and how did you take it?
    Whets the most rewarding experience you have had through volunteer work or through your professional career thus far?

Interview Questions

• What is the cause of the recent financial crisis? Will Greece eventually recover?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kampala (Uganda)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International (Kampala (Uganda)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied early this year on line as a fresh graduate (KPMG Uganda), i did my written aptitude test which i passed. After a few weeks i was invited to KPMG Kampala offices for a group exercise which i passed. Two weeks after that exercise, i was invited for manager's interview which i did not pass. The managers that interviewed me were bullies (I should say) at the end of that interview i had lost love for KPMG, I couldn't imagine myself working with such arrogant managers!

Interview Questions

• As a former Engineering student, I was asked, "if you got an offer from a large Engineering firm today, would you take it up?"   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Simple interview. Nothing technical asked. No worries about the interview.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ino, Kochi (Japan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG International (Ino, Kochi (Japan)) in October 2013.

Interview

KPMG called for a walk in interview. The first step of the process was a Accounting concept test followed by an Excel test. Then there was the technical interview. Then it was follwed by a salary negotiation as well as in depth understanding of how the job actually works and what the company expects from us.

Interview Questions

• Explain the sales return process in detail with the adjusting accounting entries and what happens if the sales returns entered was the mistake from accountants side?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was mainly for salary, you can negotiate your expected salary with what they are actually providing.