KPMG International

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in October 2014.

One to one interview, lots of situational questions asked based on your experience (previous intern/cca/job) Interviewer was generally very friendly, very keen to answer any question and share their experience.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG International

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International.

Applied through company website, went through online assessment tests. They emailed me to schedule a phone interview. Very polite emails.

Questions include:
    Tell me about yourself
    Why KPMG
    Why audit
    What did you do during your internship
    How did you think about the long working hours

Interview Questions
    • What did you do during your internship? How did you for that particular section that you were in charge of?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in May 2014.

Why do you want to work for KPMG rather than the other 3 big companies?
    Tell me about an occasion when you have had to deal with an angry customer.
    Tell me a time you missed a deadline?
    What is the current challenge facing by our clients?
    Tell me about your previous experience
    Why KPMG?
    Why Forensic?
    Tell me about a time when you worked in a team. Did you build a solid relationship with anyone in that team?
    Can you give me an example of how you were 'resilient and persevered?'
    What contributions you think you can make to the firm?
    What is the most challenging thing you have faced professionally?
    What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    What part of forensic accounting interests you the most?
    What is a hidden talent you may have?
    Asked when I was in a difficult situation with a deadline where I didn't know what to do, and what I did to get the project done on time. How I use time management and planning.
    How do you go about telling someone, whether at work or in a group project, that they are incorrect?
    Where do you see yourself in five years?
    Tell me about a time that your supervisor gave you a constructive suggestion, and how did you take it?
    Whets the most rewarding experience you have had through volunteer work or through your professional career thus far?

Interview Questions
    • What is the cause of the recent financial crisis? Will Greece eventually recover?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kampala (Uganda)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kampala (Uganda)

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International in May 2014.

I applied early this year on line as a fresh graduate (KPMG Uganda), i did my written aptitude test which i passed. After a few weeks i was invited to KPMG Kampala offices for a group exercise which i passed. Two weeks after that exercise, i was invited for manager's interview which i did not pass. The managers that interviewed me were bullies (I should say) at the end of that interview i had lost love for KPMG, I couldn't imagine myself working with such arrogant managers!

Interview Questions
    • As a former Engineering student, I was asked, "if you got an offer from a large Engineering firm today, would you take it up?"   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Simple interview. Nothing technical asked. No worries about the interview.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ino, Kochi (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ino, Kochi (Japan)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG International in October 2013.

KPMG called for a walk in interview. The first step of the process was a Accounting concept test followed by an Excel test. Then there was the technical interview. Then it was follwed by a salary negotiation as well as in depth understanding of how the job actually works and what the company expects from us.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the sales return process in detail with the adjusting accounting entries and what happens if the sales returns entered was the mistake from accountants side?   Answer Question
    The negotiation was mainly for salary, you can negotiate your expected salary with what they are actually providing.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochin (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochin (India)

I applied through other source – interviewed at KPMG International.

Initial Round was a written test consisting 3 tests:
    - a theory paper of 10 questions of basic simple accounting concepts
    - preparation of a Trading and P&L A/c, and
    - Advanced Excel features

After which we were informed that the shortlisted candidates would be called in a week's time

Interview Questions
    • This was my second test so I was well prepared...did not find anything difficult.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG International in September 2013.

We were divided into groups and were given the opportunity to get to know each other before anything started. First, we were given a short presentation (3D printing). Then, each group is brought into a room where we discuss about what to talk about (had to do a group presentation), ie the pros, cons, ethical issues, operational issues of 3D printing. Given the case, we were like advisors, trying to convince or discourage the BOD, from investing or not investing in that particular technology.

After presentation, comes the essay writing (no options given) and the face-to-face interview with three hiring managers/ interviewers. At the end of the day, names of those who will be offered the job will be announced.

Interview Questions
    • The topic for presentation may not be the same. So it will be impossible to be prepared.   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG International.

3 rounds,
    1St round was GD topic was work life balance
    2nd round Technical Interview which included questions such as Accounting standards, Types of Depreciation, If there is loss where and how will it be treated in Balance Sheet.
    3rd Rouns was HR round.Just a formallity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG International in May 2013.

applied the job through email, and then a test is sent to me. finished the test few days ago, still waiting for reply.

Interview Questions
    • The test is a little tough for me, especially hard to finish within the time frame.   Answer Question