KPMG International Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.9

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG International in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, completed two online tests in October and was invited to a Telephone Interview in December. Quite difficult considering it was meant to be mainly competency questions, whilst there were competency questions like a time when you have overcome a challenge I was also asked to talk about a company that I have been impressed by recently and why they are performing well, what challenges they have in the future and finally what their competitors may do to harm them, thankfully I had prepared for a similar question in an interview beforehand.
The second stage was an AC where there was an E-tray exercise, a stage where we had to write a summary/recommendations based on a report of a company and then a numerical test. No interview which made the day far less stressful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a company that you have been recently interested in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG International

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International.

Interview

Online Tests sent to you after application. This test is very crucial to your application. For financial services audit, the tests with regards to numbers is regarded highly.
    Followed by Interview by senior manager of department which was normal, nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Very little time for the online tests. 18 questions within 6 minutes.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG International (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

One to one interview, lots of situational questions asked based on your experience (previous intern/cca/job) Interviewer was generally very friendly, very keen to answer any question and share their experience.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International.

Interview

Applied through company website, went through online assessment tests. They emailed me to schedule a phone interview. Very polite emails.

Questions include:
    Tell me about yourself
    Why KPMG
    Why audit
    What did you do during your internship
    How did you think about the long working hours

Interview Questions

• What did you do during your internship? How did you for that particular section that you were in charge of?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in May 2014.

Interview

Why do you want to work for KPMG rather than the other 3 big companies?
    Tell me about an occasion when you have had to deal with an angry customer.
    Tell me a time you missed a deadline?
    What is the current challenge facing by our clients?
    Tell me about your previous experience
    Why KPMG?
    Why Forensic?
    Tell me about a time when you worked in a team. Did you build a solid relationship with anyone in that team?
    Can you give me an example of how you were 'resilient and persevered?'
    What contributions you think you can make to the firm?
    What is the most challenging thing you have faced professionally?
    What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    What part of forensic accounting interests you the most?
    What is a hidden talent you may have?
    Asked when I was in a difficult situation with a deadline where I didn't know what to do, and what I did to get the project done on time. How I use time management and planning.
    How do you go about telling someone, whether at work or in a group project, that they are incorrect?
    Where do you see yourself in five years?
    Tell me about a time that your supervisor gave you a constructive suggestion, and how did you take it?
    Whets the most rewarding experience you have had through volunteer work or through your professional career thus far?

Interview Questions

• What is the cause of the recent financial crisis? Will Greece eventually recover?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International (Kampala (Uganda)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied early this year on line as a fresh graduate (KPMG Uganda), i did my written aptitude test which i passed. After a few weeks i was invited to KPMG Kampala offices for a group exercise which i passed. Two weeks after that exercise, i was invited for manager's interview which i did not pass. The managers that interviewed me were bullies (I should say) at the end of that interview i had lost love for KPMG, I couldn't imagine myself working with such arrogant managers!

Interview Questions

• As a former Engineering student, I was asked, "if you got an offer from a large Engineering firm today, would you take it up?"   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Simple interview. Nothing technical asked. No worries about the interview.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG International (Ino, Kochi (Japan)) in October 2013.

Interview

KPMG called for a walk in interview. The first step of the process was a Accounting concept test followed by an Excel test. Then there was the technical interview. Then it was follwed by a salary negotiation as well as in depth understanding of how the job actually works and what the company expects from us.

Interview Questions

• Explain the sales return process in detail with the adjusting accounting entries and what happens if the sales returns entered was the mistake from accountants side?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was mainly for salary, you can negotiate your expected salary with what they are actually providing.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at KPMG International (Cochin (India)).

Interview

Initial Round was a written test consisting 3 tests:
    - a theory paper of 10 questions of basic simple accounting concepts
    - preparation of a Trading and P&L A/c, and
    - Advanced Excel features

After which we were informed that the shortlisted candidates would be called in a week's time

Interview Questions

• This was my second test so I was well prepared...did not find anything difficult.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG International (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)) in September 2013.

Interview

We were divided into groups and were given the opportunity to get to know each other before anything started. First, we were given a short presentation (3D printing). Then, each group is brought into a room where we discuss about what to talk about (had to do a group presentation), ie the pros, cons, ethical issues, operational issues of 3D printing. Given the case, we were like advisors, trying to convince or discourage the BOD, from investing or not investing in that particular technology.

After presentation, comes the essay writing (no options given) and the face-to-face interview with three hiring managers/ interviewers. At the end of the day, names of those who will be offered the job will be announced.

Interview Questions

• The topic for presentation may not be the same. So it will be impossible to be prepared.   1 Answer