KPMG International

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in April 2012.

The office visit is composed of two interviews- one with a partner and one with a senior manager. It is not a normal office visit for internship candidates since it is for summer interns and only few students are considered.The interview with the senior manager was very laid back, no behavioral questions. The one with the partner was a little stressful. He asked about my current accouting internship and why I did not apply BDO( I interned there last summer). I think the BDO question screwed me up since I did not give a convincing answer!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG International

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in October 2013.

After submitting an online application and completing the online tests, I was contacted for a phone interview about 1 month after my application.

The interviewer was very friendly. No technical questions were asked and the questions asked were all standard questions like:

1) Why KPMG?
    2) Why Audit?

The entire phone interview was very conversational and the HR manager had a tendency of asking questions in a very indirect and subtle way. For example, she would explain that KPMG values teamwork as a quality so it isn't a direct question, but I just started rambling on about how I am a good team-player after she finished explaining why KPMG value team players.

I did not dare to negotiate and so I just accepted whatever terms they gave me as I didn't have any other offers from the other Big 4.

Audit Intern Interview

Apply for position in the career talk in Campus, then followed by an in-office interview in one week.

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG International.

I met the Partner at a career fair so I didn't apply online or had any phone interview.

I had 2 interview + 1 Personality test + 1 computer-based English test.

The english test is pretty standard. A lot of grammar. Nothing fancy

I don't see how you can fail the personality test either. Just answer according to the position you are applying to. Questions are like what position do you take in a team? Do you listen to other people or try to impose your ideas?

Nothing unexpected from the 2 Interviews either. Standard questions such as Why KPMG? Why you? Why Audit?

The inter salary is fixed. I don't see how you could negotiate that.

Intern Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG International in May 2011.

Ich habe mich 2012 online beworben (Lebenslauf, Anschreiben, Zeugniskopien) und wurde innerhalb einer Woche zum Gespräch nach Frankfurt eingeladen. Zwei Interviewer mit mathematischem Hintergrund (passen zur Menge der Praktikantenstellen). Sehr nette Atmosphäre. Gespräch konzentrierte sich auf Lebenslauf, Studium und akademischen Fähigkeiten und ging über 1,5 Stunden.

I applied online in 2012 (CV, Cover letter, transcript of records) and got invited for an interview in Frankfurt within a week. Two interviewers with a mathematical background (matching the quantitative internship position). Very nice atmosphere. Interview focused on cv, studies and academic skills and took about 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Denkaufgabe: Sie haben einen Revolver mit sechs Schusskammern. Darin befinden sich zwei Patronen, deren Kammern nebeneinander liegen. Die übrigen vier Kammern sind leer. Jemand hält Ihnen diese Waffe an den Kopf, drückt ab und Sie überleben, weil die Kammer gerade leer war. Wenn der Schütze Sie nun fragt, ob er sofort noch einmal abdrücken soll oder ob er vorher eine Kammer weiterdrehen soll, wie entscheiden Sie sich?   Brain teaser: You have a revolver with 6 chambers. There is two bullets in adjoining chambers. The remaining four chambers are empty. If someone holds the gun to your head, pulls the trigger and you survive (chamber was empty) and they ask you if they should spin the chamber before they pull the trigger a second time, how do you choose?   View Answer