KPMG International Audit Intern Interview Questions

2.7

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG International (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The office visit is composed of two interviews- one with a partner and one with a senior manager. It is not a normal office visit for internship candidates since it is for summer interns and only few students are considered.The interview with the senior manager was very laid back, no behavioral questions. The one with the partner was a little stressful. He asked about my current accouting internship and why I did not apply BDO( I interned there last summer). I think the BDO question screwed me up since I did not give a convincing answer!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG International

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG International (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2013.

Interview

After submitting an online application and completing the online tests, I was contacted for a phone interview about 1 month after my application.

The interviewer was very friendly. No technical questions were asked and the questions asked were all standard questions like:

1) Why KPMG?
    2) Why Audit?

The entire phone interview was very conversational and the HR manager had a tendency of asking questions in a very indirect and subtle way. For example, she would explain that KPMG values teamwork as a quality so it isn't a direct question, but I just started rambling on about how I am a good team-player after she finished explaining why KPMG value team players.

Negotiation

I did not dare to negotiate and so I just accepted whatever terms they gave me as I didn't have any other offers from the other Big 4.

Audit Intern Interview

Interview

Apply for position in the career talk in Campus, then followed by an in-office interview in one week.

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG International.

Interview

I met the Partner at a career fair so I didn't apply online or had any phone interview.

I had 2 interview + 1 Personality test + 1 computer-based English test.

The english test is pretty standard. A lot of grammar. Nothing fancy

I don't see how you can fail the personality test either. Just answer according to the position you are applying to. Questions are like what position do you take in a team? Do you listen to other people or try to impose your ideas?

Nothing unexpected from the 2 Interviews either. Standard questions such as Why KPMG? Why you? Why Audit?

Negotiation

The inter salary is fixed. I don't see how you could negotiate that.