KPMG International

KPMG International Interview Questions

Updated Dec 22, 2014
Updated Dec 22, 2014

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG International in September 2013.

We were divided into groups and were given the opportunity to get to know each other before anything started. First, we were given a short presentation (3D printing). Then, each group is brought into a room where we discuss about what to talk about (had to do a group presentation), ie the pros, cons, ethical issues, operational issues of 3D printing. Given the case, we were like advisors, trying to convince or discourage the BOD, from investing or not investing in that particular technology.

After presentation, comes the essay writing (no options given) and the face-to-face interview with three hiring managers/ interviewers. At the end of the day, names of those who will be offered the job will be announced.

Interview Questions
    • The topic for presentation may not be the same. So it will be impossible to be prepared.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in March 2010.

Very well structured outline the expectations very clearly

Tax Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG International.

They asked me several strict personal questions which had absolutely nothing to do with the job I applied for. Such as : what is your relationship with your father, how would you react when we give you the minimum salary rate, what about a clinical examination, and much more dishonouring questions of that kind.

Interview Questions
    I was only able to negociate the minimum of overall job content.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International.

I applied online and then had to complete an online numerical and verbal reasoning test. Following that I had to complete a telephone interview and then asked to attend an assessment centre which involved three tasks; an etray exercise, a written report and two role play interviews, as well as retaking the verbal reasoning test. Following that I was invited to a face-to-face interview, where I also had to give a presentation. I found that the interviewer did not like the company I had chosen to present and was very disinterested. No follow up questions where asked after my presentation which I thought was strange.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about something that has been in the news recently regarding the advisory division of finance sector   Answer Question

Technology Consultancy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG International.

Online test and telephone interview. The online test was typical and easy to deal with. After that there is the telephone interview from a manager level staff. The questions are normal, but it seems they want extraordinary answers from the applicant.

Business Associate Interview

Presentation by the company.
    Aptitude test of 30 min with questions on Data Interpretation, very very basic economics and accounts. 30 min essay writing on India in 2015 in 250 - 300 words.
    Followed by an hr + tech interview, including guess estimate questions.

KPMG Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in October 2010.

Three stage process with at least two interviewers from senior management. The process took a long time since there were many applicants. They were in general very friendly and professional. Compared to other Big4 interviews this was one of the better experiences except for the long waiting periods betwwen interviews and final notification.

Interview Questions
    Negotioation was quick and easy since there was only one non-negotionable offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in May 2012.

Applied through online platform, which is fairly standardized. Responded within two weeks as it was official recruiting period. All short-listed candidates were notified on the same day. Interview was conducted first in 1:1, then group, and finally a panel of managers/directors.

Interview Questions

Prior to going to interviews, get as many information as possible on the job you are applying for. Read through cases from different companies and try to think outside the box. If you do a group interview, don't try to stand out too much. At the end of the day, these companies are looking for candidates who can collaborate, not rule over.

Internship Audit Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in February 2014.

Application online
    First and second job interview

Interview Questions
    • Had ten minutes to prepare my self and then had to comment on a Financial Statement of a Groupe.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International.

Phone interview for graduate job. Very structure questions based on the competencies listed on websites, 30 minutes fully, give good online feedbacks soon afterwards, and the feedback are based on each competency criteria they want
    Cannot remember the exact questions, but the usual competency question, tell me a time when…