KPMG International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG International in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting system. Pre-interview reception (and the interviewer was there.) A few applied for full-time position and more applied for internship. Interview was very informal and conversational. Plenty of time to ask the interviewer questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

They were very professional and friendly. I enjoyed speaking with the Consultant who gave the first round interview. HR was a little less willing to engage but they were professional throughout the entire process. They will make you retake the verbal test at the AC. You will not retake the numerical test.

Interview Questions

I decided to return to the US

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International.

Interview

Q/A test
    Applied on line taking the first round QA test on line. IF passed, went to on-site taking second round onsite QA test. It is all about taking test.

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KPMG International (Leeds, AL) in July 2014.

Interview

Final partner interview. I had to give a presentation and then an interview to a partner in the Risk and Regulation Advisory department. Partner seemed very disinterested with my presentation and did not ask me a single question. Throughout the presentation and interview he looked very bored and kept glancing at his phone. Not very friendly

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that has happened recently in the advisory department.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Really a walk in the park. No need to prepare for it...

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in October 2013.

Interview

Although not the same in every college career center, the process for started through the university. KPMG recruits at my school and we had the opportunity to have an interview. The process began with the submission of a current resume and our degree audit. The interview selection was based solely on grades (3.3 or higher). In the first round of interviews, general questions were asked like "What are you strengths?", "What do you look for in an employer?", "Do you prefer to work in a team or independently?", etc. Very general, nothing specific. Once the interview was over (and this may not be the same across the board), but you were notified days later if you were selected for second round interviews in the home office (Hartford, CT in my case). In the office you met with another employee, generally a senior manager or partner of the firm. These set of questions were more specific to your future with the firm like "Why did you choose KPMG?", "What's your plan for the 150 credits?" but this could vary amongst interviewers.

Interview Questions

• I was told that my grades were considered on the lower end of the spectrum among other applicants and basically if there was any reason that they were "low".   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG International.

Interview

I got the job offer from MBA college campus placement process. GD followed by 2 rounds of interview. Both interviews were non technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial pay they offered was too low. So I negotiated to increase the pay. They agreed to it.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in January 2013.

Interview

Easy. It was a contractual job, so the process was easy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you do not like the job after joining?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a fixed salary.No .

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG International (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The office visit is composed of two interviews- one with a partner and one with a senior manager. It is not a normal office visit for internship candidates since it is for summer interns and only few students are considered.The interview with the senior manager was very laid back, no behavioral questions. The one with the partner was a little stressful. He asked about my current accouting internship and why I did not apply BDO( I interned there last summer). I think the BDO question screwed me up since I did not give a convincing answer!

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at KPMG International in October 2011.

Interview

I had 3 interviews, one with a Recruiter, one with a Senior Director and one with a Partner. The interviews with the Recruiter wore mainly questions about my resume and skills. The inteview with the Senior Director was a case-type interview. He just gave me a question and he just gave me a blank piece of paper.

Interview Questions

• Case question: calculate the number of cell phones in that precise moment in our country. Without any kind of data provided.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was short since they weren't willing to negotiate.