KPMG International

KPMG International Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International.

Q/A test
    Applied on line taking the first round QA test on line. IF passed, went to on-site taking second round onsite QA test. It is all about taking test.

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, AL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in July 2014.

Final partner interview. I had to give a presentation and then an interview to a partner in the Risk and Regulation Advisory department. Partner seemed very disinterested with my presentation and did not ask me a single question. Throughout the presentation and interview he looked very bored and kept glancing at his phone. Not very friendly

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something that has happened recently in the advisory department.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview Questions
    • Please disregard this reviews as I was required to post something in order to view the salaries of similar positions within KPMG. I have nothing more to say at the moment since I have not yet heard back regarding my application status.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Really a walk in the park. No need to prepare for it...

Audit Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in October 2013.

Although not the same in every college career center, the process for started through the university. KPMG recruits at my school and we had the opportunity to have an interview. The process began with the submission of a current resume and our degree audit. The interview selection was based solely on grades (3.3 or higher). In the first round of interviews, general questions were asked like "What are you strengths?", "What do you look for in an employer?", "Do you prefer to work in a team or independently?", etc. Very general, nothing specific. Once the interview was over (and this may not be the same across the board), but you were notified days later if you were selected for second round interviews in the home office (Hartford, CT in my case). In the office you met with another employee, generally a senior manager or partner of the firm. These set of questions were more specific to your future with the firm like "Why did you choose KPMG?", "What's your plan for the 150 credits?" but this could vary amongst interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • I was told that my grades were considered on the lower end of the spectrum among other applicants and basically if there was any reason that they were "low".   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG International.

I got the job offer from MBA college campus placement process. GD followed by 2 rounds of interview. Both interviews were non technical.

Interview Questions
    The initial pay they offered was too low. So I negotiated to increase the pay. They agreed to it.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in January 2013.

Easy. It was a contractual job, so the process was easy.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you do not like the job after joining?   View Answer
    It was a fixed salary.No .

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG International in April 2012.

The office visit is composed of two interviews- one with a partner and one with a senior manager. It is not a normal office visit for internship candidates since it is for summer interns and only few students are considered.The interview with the senior manager was very laid back, no behavioral questions. The one with the partner was a little stressful. He asked about my current accouting internship and why I did not apply BDO( I interned there last summer). I think the BDO question screwed me up since I did not give a convincing answer!

Trainee Chartered Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KPMG International.

The application started with an online form to fill out, asking for grades, why you've chosen to be a CA, other biographical information and attaching your CV.

After that, I was invited to a group assessment where we had to complete a task as a group, with many different challenges.

Next step was a one on one interview with a human resources officer. Assessing my CV and asking general questions about my character.

Within two weeks after that, I was offered a post in Cape Town for 2019.

Interview Questions
    • Explain, with use of a personal example, how you had to overcome cultural difficulties in order to complete a task.   Answer Question

Winter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG International.

I applied online in Oct. I was invited to do the Verbal and Numerical ability test in their office in Nov. No face to face interview is needed, the only selection test is the aptitude test. I had waited for nearly two months and assumed a silent no but received offer before Christmas in late December.