KPMG International

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International.

Applied online, initially had a situational judgement test followed by a verbal reasoning, numerical and logical reasoning test. Took about a month from passing the test to the phone interview. Was interviewed by a manager in Audit. Interviewer seemed like she was in a rush and did not really respond to any of my answers.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG International in January 2015.

Applied online, completed two online tests in October and was invited to a Telephone Interview in December. Quite difficult considering it was meant to be mainly competency questions, whilst there were competency questions like a time when you have overcome a challenge I was also asked to talk about a company that I have been impressed by recently and why they are performing well, what challenges they have in the future and finally what their competitors may do to harm them, thankfully I had prepared for a similar question in an interview beforehand.
    The second stage was an AC where there was an E-tray exercise, a stage where we had to write a summary/recommendations based on a report of a company and then a numerical test. No interview which made the day far less stressful.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a company that you have been recently interested in.   View Answer
    No negotiations

BA Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG International.

detailed ppt by kpmg members. followed by a case study based gd.4 member panel for gd round.have to give a solution to the given case based on group consensus.followed by a technical round.followed by hr round

Graduate Audit Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KPMG International.

1. Brief introduction of the structure of the interview
    2. Brief introduction of the interviewer
    3. Competency based questions:
    (Deliver quality, the interviewer will explain this competency for you)
    5. Competency based questions:
    (Resilience, the interviewer will explain this competency for you)
    (1) Tell me a time you deliver a service to customer
    (2) Why this service is important?
    6. Scenario questions:
    You are assigned some analysis work by your manger which requires you to collect information and data from various people. You have had lots of problems collecting data and hence this has affected the quality of the work you could have done. Your manager is aware of the issues that you have faced and is happy with the tacklework you have produced given the difficulties.
    Your manager and yourself are presenting the work you have done to the client who is not very happy with the work. He is picking out point in the analysis that he feels are not up to standard. You feel he is missing the bigger picture of the analysis and focusing too much on minor points.
    How would you handle the situation in the meeting
    7. Competency based questions:
    (Forgot the corresponding Competency)
    Similar with this Question:
    When you have used your communication skills to convince someone of your viewpoint?
    8. Business Awareness:
    Tell me about a company that is currently performing well and why they are successful?
    9. Career Motivation
    What have you done to learn about KPMG?
    10. Career Motivation
    What will you be doing in your 18 months after joining KPMG?
    What would the day to day tasks be?
    11. Career Motivation
    Why Audit?

Interview Questions
    • 4. Scenario questions:
      You just joined a large project in KPMG (suppose you are an employee in KPMG). You need to review many documents and prepare report for client. It is a large volume of project with a lot of detail, electronic record, also many different sections. You find there is high risk error. You will work with other 4 colleagues and need to report to senior manager, who is responsible to present to the client. What will you do in this situation?

Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG International.

There are 2 rounds of Interview.
    1. Telephonic
    2. Face to face
    The interview lasts 40 to 50 minutes where all aspects of the employee are put to test.

the panel consists of 2 to 3 people.
    Questions are extremely technical and in depth study is required .

Your CV is put to complete scrutiny and all aspects of your knowledge are tested

Interview Questions
    • Rate yourself on a scale of 10 and justify your rating   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International.

Online Tests sent to you after application. This test is very crucial to your application. For financial services audit, the tests with regards to numbers is regarded highly.
    Followed by Interview by senior manager of department which was normal, nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Very little time for the online tests. 18 questions within 6 minutes.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Corporate Finance Interview

Two interviews - first was fine, with a director. Second was with a partner which seemed to be more difficult when compared to what other people were facing at a similar stage. He really grilled me as to why I had picked my business story and valuations etc. Make sure you know what you want out of KPMG and where you want your career to go.

Interview Questions
    • Why Kerry Group would invest in the Chinese market place, specific strategies/approaches to this investment.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG International.

Standard competency interview. Questions were 1) Project you are most proud of 2)time when you had conflicting demands? 2) Business doing well- 4 reasons why 3) Why audit? why kpmg? what will you be doing in your everyday role? then two situational ones. Good luck. Also time you dealt with a customer well.

Team Lead In Legal Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through other source – interviewed at KPMG International in December 2014.

This will be dicussed at the time of intrew. I dont think its valid to share information here. I have experience of implementation of 2 big banks in WFA thats it.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG International in December 2014.

i attended campus recruitment....after the pre placement tak there was a written appitude test....it had 3 sections which were audit and accountancy,english, quantitative appitude. audit and accountaancy was more from what we learnt in college.thew only difficult section for most people was the appitude section....u may need some prepartation for u may pass with some affort if ur lucky.,..then there was group discussion were seach person had to speak for a minute about a general topic....then there was a technical round....accountacy basics were asked and few complex questions.....then the HR round were i was asked general questions....so my i feel to get selected you need to:
    take it seriously
    be confident
    and listen to the interviewwer carefuly and corporate....ofcouse u need to have accountancy knowdledge ....

Interview Questions
    salary was fixed at 2.8 lacks pa.....