KPMG Internship Interview Questions

3.1

Internship Interview

Interview

Got the opportunity at the school career fair to interview with KPMG. The first round consisted completely of behavior questions. The second round consisted of case studies and meeting with Senior Managers. I eventually got the offer which I accepted. The overall internship experience was really good. I got to learn a lot.

Interview Questions

• Everything was easy. Just make sure you know about your job and why you want to work for KPMG. Also, look through the questions on Glassdoor and other such websites. If you put in the effort and do you research, the entire interview process would prove to be a breeze. Good luck!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2013.

Interview

Met through Meet The Firms Night at school. Instantly liked them the best of the Big 4 as they are extremely friendly and easy to get along with. They seem like really good people. Further met them again at an on-campus presentation they gave. Was selected for an on-campus interview a few weeks later with a pre-interview dinner event. Everything in their recruiting process was extremely smooth and well-organized in nature. Enjoyed my time mingling with all of their representatives. Interview went very well but as a Sophomore, was told to do Leadership Program instead. Will interview again next Fall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Typical campus interview process. Applied through our campus career website and scheduled for an interview. The whole process was as expected. Questions weren't too difficult, I advise everyone to check different career-related websites. Some of the questions I can remember are: "Tell me about yourself" "Why KPMG?" "Why this office?" "Why this service line?"

Internship Interview

Interview

Interview at Leadership Conference. Very informal. Questions very much directed towards getting to know me and why I am interested in interning with the firm. Asked about personal interests. Nothing behavioral, although I have been asked those in different settings.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what would be some deciding factors in the "hypothetical" situation that I received multiple offers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and was selected for an on campus interview. The first interview was conducted with a partner. To my surprise the interview was very laid back and lasted only 30 minutes. We went over my resume for about 10-15 minutes and then talked about the position and the responsibilities involved. About a week later I was invited to participate in the Inside Look (second rounds) program. I was extremely nervous a few days leading up to Inside Look but again, it was very laid back and informing. The first night started with a tour of the office and concluded with a two hour dinner at a very nice steakhouse. The second day lasted from 8am-2pm with various activities and a couple of interviews with senior managers. All of the interviews were very laid back and did not include any behavioral questions. Though a few of the other candidates I spoke with did have behavioral questions. It all depends on who you interview with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating since it is an internship

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG in February 2012.

Interview

Interview on campus - about 45 minutes, then in-office interview round.

Interview Questions

• What question were you expecting us to ask, and what would be your answer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

The culture of the firm is very fun and laid-back. I really liked that they gave us a hotel to stay in during the interview process. The recruiters are very helpful and open to any request that you have. I really had a lot of fun during the entire process.

Internship Interview

Interview

A traditional eastern interview with heavy emphasis on results and academics. However they tried to include western interview style questions. These are open ended questions which attempts to break the ice eg tell me about yourself etc. simple interview and they are straight up with their expectations. Which often is high expectations on you and nothing on them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No leeway whatsoever

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Detailled online application process, including upload of letter of motivation, cv and references, comparable to other companies. The letter of motivation needs to be copy&pasted into the form, structuring it is though then. Unfortunetly it looks unprofessional, but I suppose this is not taken into account. One interview by phone, one in person. The whole process took about 3 weeks. Questions about: Strengths and Weaknesses, Previous Job Experiences, Knowledge about the Company

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in April 2013.

Interview

Application for Winter Vacation in Internal Audit The assessment centre consists of two interviews- both behavioural based. One with a manager and the other with either a director or a partner of your service line. These interviews go back-to-back each taking around 45 minutes, so you will be talking to them for quite a long time. Answer the questions very thoroughly and use examples when required. The interview with the manager is more focused on behavioural, following the STAR format. Basically they want to see that you have a lot of experience with teamwork, and how you deal with certain types of situations, e.g. dealing with failure. They also want to see that you're a good communicator and can get your point (situation/story) across to them. The second interview is more informal and focuses on your motivation joining KPMG, and why you chose your service line. Make sure your answer is clear and your reasons are not vague. Then there is an etray exercise where you are given a case study and you must send an email to your client. This is pretty straight forward; just include as much info in your email as you can and try and act as if you are selling your service to the client.

Interview Questions

• How do you cope with failure? Describe a time where you have failed at something.   Answer Question