KPMG

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details – Got the opportunity at the school career fair to interview with KPMG. The first round consisted completely of behavior questions. The second round consisted of case studies and meeting with Senior Managers. I eventually got the offer which I accepted. The overall internship experience was really good. I got to learn a lot.

Interview Question – Everything was easy. Just make sure you know about your job and why you want to work for KPMG. Also, look through the questions on Glassdoor and other such websites. If you put in the effort and do you research, the entire interview process would prove to be a breeze. Good luck!   Answer Question

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview on campus - about 45 minutes, then in-office interview round.

Interview Question – What question were you expecting us to ask, and what would be your answer?   Answer Question

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in September 2013.

Interview Details – Met through Meet The Firms Night at school. Instantly liked them the best of the Big 4 as they are extremely friendly and easy to get along with. They seem like really good people. Further met them again at an on-campus presentation they gave. Was selected for an on-campus interview a few weeks later with a pre-interview dinner event. Everything in their recruiting process was extremely smooth and well-organized in nature. Enjoyed my time mingling with all of their representatives. Interview went very well but as a Sophomore, was told to do Leadership Program instead. Will interview again next Fall.

Interview Question – None, very fair, well-thought-out interview process.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – Typical campus interview process. Applied through our campus career website and scheduled for an interview. The whole process was as expected. Questions weren't too difficult, I advise everyone to check different career-related websites. Some of the questions I can remember are: "Tell me about yourself" "Why KPMG?" "Why this office?" "Why this service line?"

Interview Question – No technical, all behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details – Interview at Leadership Conference. Very informal. Questions very much directed towards getting to know me and why I am interested in interning with the firm. Asked about personal interests. Nothing behavioral, although I have been asked those in different settings.

Interview Question – I was asked what would be some deciding factors in the "hypothetical" situation that I received multiple offers.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruiting and was selected for an on campus interview. The first interview was conducted with a partner. To my surprise the interview was very laid back and lasted only 30 minutes. We went over my resume for about 10-15 minutes and then talked about the position and the responsibilities involved. About a week later I was invited to participate in the Inside Look (second rounds) program.

I was extremely nervous a few days leading up to Inside Look but again, it was very laid back and informing. The first night started with a tour of the office and concluded with a two hour dinner at a very nice steakhouse. The second day lasted from 8am-2pm with various activities and a couple of interviews with senior managers. All of the interviews were very laid back and did not include any behavioral questions. Though a few of the other candidates I spoke with did have behavioral questions. It all depends on who you interview with.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in public accounting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating since it is an internship

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in March 2010.

Interview Details – The culture of the firm is very fun and laid-back. I really liked that they gave us a hotel to stay in during the interview process. The recruiters are very helpful and open to any request that you have. I really had a lot of fun during the entire process.

Interview Question – Tell me when you showed leadership qualities.   Answer Question

Internship

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – Detailled online application process, including upload of letter of motivation, cv and references, comparable to other companies. The letter of motivation needs to be copy&pasted into the form, structuring it is though then. Unfortunetly it looks unprofessional, but I suppose this is not taken into account.
One interview by phone, one in person. The whole process took about 3 weeks.
Questions about:
Strengths and Weaknesses,
Previous Job Experiences,
Knowledge about the Company

Interview Question – Why should we take you and not someone else?   Answer Question

Internship
Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in April 2013.

Interview Details – Application for Winter Vacation in Internal Audit

The assessment centre consists of two interviews- both behavioural based. One with a manager and the other with either a director or a partner of your service line. These interviews go back-to-back each taking around 45 minutes, so you will be talking to them for quite a long time. Answer the questions very thoroughly and use examples when required.

The interview with the manager is more focused on behavioural, following the STAR format. Basically they want to see that you have a lot of experience with teamwork, and how you deal with certain types of situations, e.g. dealing with failure. They also want to see that you're a good communicator and can get your point (situation/story) across to them.

The second interview is more informal and focuses on your motivation joining KPMG, and why you chose your service line. Make sure your answer is clear and your reasons are not vague.

Then there is an etray exercise where you are given a case study and you must send an email to your client. This is pretty straight forward; just include as much info in your email as you can and try and act as if you are selling your service to the client.

Interview Question – How do you cope with failure? Describe a time where you have failed at something.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Internship interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.