KPMG Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015
2,157 Interview Reviews

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

It was a behavioral-based interview. about an hour long. The interviewer was a manager and was very friendly. It helped ease nervousness because I felt like I was talking to them and not a robot like some interviews seem.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work with a difficult boss. How did you overcome it   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I am an experienced professional and I was referred by a employee for the position. The process involved a phone screen, an interview with two senior group leaders, and an interview with the partner. I was really surprised and disappointed by how unprofessional some of the process was. During my partner interview I was directly asked if I was married and if I had children. It seemed highly irrelevant and inappropriate, especially when we had already addressed my ability to travel for work and the rest of the interview included very technical questions about industry specific rules and procedures. Despite diligent follow up, I was not given any information about whether or not I was still being considered until months after my interview when it was announced on LinkedIn that they hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• How many [project type listed on my resume] projects have you done?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

I've had thre interviewing experience with this company. The interview with the recruiter and hiring msnager slwsys goes well but this company fails in terms of communication. HR recruiters for not conduct check and balances by following - up with candidates. They do not respond to their emails and do not return phone calls. The first time I interviewed with this company I passed my interview with both the recruiter and hiring manager. However, in the midfle of the interview process the recruiter decided to leave the company and did not transition any of her work which left final candidates for podiyions they were slmost going to get on hiatus. 4 months afrer not receiving a response via email, I decided to call everyone who was listed on the original email and was told that the recruiter quit and no one was serving as backup gor the recruiter so my candidacy got lost in the process. After that I was contacted by them on two other occassions gor other positions including an Associate Director role which I could have excuted with my eyes closed. However, again no following up by the recruiter with too many excuses. I'm not sure if this happens a lot in other headquarters but in Montvale, NJ it seems to have happened to me severs times. KPMG upper executive management should condult a job performance audit in HR especially with their recuiters because so far they are completely failing in doing their jobs which is to hire good talent. After this experience I have decided to seek employment elsewhere because if this is the way this company is conducting HR business I can only imagine how messy it can be communicating within the organization between workgroups. I'm not going to say, "stay away from this company" but I will say that you should be prepared engaging with them because the company has a lot growing pains and if it intends to survive in this economy it will need to start fueling its HR department with a recruiting team that is in fact doing their job in not missing talented profesdionsls.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself and your professional background? Why do you want to work at KPMG? What are you looking for in terms of annual compensation? How have you handled conflicts with other team members?   Answer Question

Temporary Design Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

It was a thorough interview that taxed my knowledge, work ethic, and checked to see if my personality was a good fit. I had to first pass a phone interview and was asked to come in to share my portfolio and have a one on one follow up interview. When I came in I interviewed with the department manager and had one of the designers join us part way through to test my skill level. After that I spent some time meeting with the rest of the team to make sure we were a good personality fit.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you had to over come with a difficult customer at a previous employer.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Interview

The interview started at 8am and ended at about 3pm. I interviewed with one manager and one partner. Before and after the interview, there are several seniors to whom you can ask questions. We also played 3 games, and I think it was to test your communication and leadership ability. The interview ended after the lunch.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I applied through college program and went through 2 rounds of in person interviews. Both were with partners of the firm. The interview was more conversational and I was asked a lot of behavioral questions. Heard back within 2 weeks.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Written test first, and there was interview round with manager and then the partner. The last session was to meet the team. Very friendly. Offer received in about two weeks,

Interview Questions

• Career goal, why valuation, but no technical quesitons   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first followed by in-person interview with the hiring supervisor and operations manager. It was very pleasant and interesting. Offer question answer is NO below because I am still waiting to hear about the next step to interview with the partners I will work for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle two partners wanting their work done right away?   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in August 2015.

Interview

Met with different managers, it was a relaxed interview. I had a phone screen followed by a 1:1 interview (3 managers) then was called for a third interview (met 2 managers)

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in August 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. The recruiter called me for an initial screening. One phone interview and one in person later, I was made an offer. Talked more about industry trends and my past experiences. Not a big focus on technical screening. The recruiter helped guide me through the " hot points" to mention during interview.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation than a series of questions and answers.   1 Answer