KPMG Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.9

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I am an experienced professional and I was referred by a employee for the position. The process involved a phone screen, an interview with two senior group leaders, and an interview with the partner. I was really surprised and disappointed by how unprofessional some of the process was. During my partner interview I was directly asked if I was married and if I had children. It seemed highly irrelevant and inappropriate, especially when we had already addressed my ability to travel for work and the rest of the interview included very technical questions about industry specific rules and procedures. Despite diligent follow up, I was not given any information about whether or not I was still being considered until months after my interview when it was announced on LinkedIn that they hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• How many [project type listed on my resume] projects have you done?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

I've had thre interviewing experience with this company. The interview with the recruiter and hiring msnager slwsys goes well but this company fails in terms of communication. HR recruiters for not conduct check and balances by following - up with candidates. They do not respond to their emails and do not return phone calls. The first time I interviewed with this company I passed my interview with both the recruiter and hiring manager. However, in the midfle of the interview process the recruiter decided to leave the company and did not transition any of her work which left final candidates for podiyions they were slmost going to get on hiatus. 4 months afrer not receiving a response via email, I decided to call everyone who was listed on the original email and was told that the recruiter quit and no one was serving as backup gor the recruiter so my candidacy got lost in the process. After that I was contacted by them on two other occassions gor other positions including an Associate Director role which I could have excuted with my eyes closed. However, again no following up by the recruiter with too many excuses. I'm not sure if this happens a lot in other headquarters but in Montvale, NJ it seems to have happened to me severs times. KPMG upper executive management should condult a job performance audit in HR especially with their recuiters because so far they are completely failing in doing their jobs which is to hire good talent. After this experience I have decided to seek employment elsewhere because if this is the way this company is conducting HR business I can only imagine how messy it can be communicating within the organization between workgroups. I'm not going to say, "stay away from this company" but I will say that you should be prepared engaging with them because the company has a lot growing pains and if it intends to survive in this economy it will need to start fueling its HR department with a recruiting team that is in fact doing their job in not missing talented profesdionsls.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself and your professional background? Why do you want to work at KPMG? What are you looking for in terms of annual compensation? How have you handled conflicts with other team members?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Interview

The interview started at 8am and ended at about 3pm. I interviewed with one manager and one partner. Before and after the interview, there are several seniors to whom you can ask questions. We also played 3 games, and I think it was to test your communication and leadership ability. The interview ended after the lunch.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Just normal conversation. They were very friendly but the people who worked there looked pretty stressed out. No one was talking. Interview process was pretty smooth. We chat for 30 min. And she was super friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first followed by in-person interview with the hiring supervisor and operations manager. It was very pleasant and interesting. Offer question answer is NO below because I am still waiting to hear about the next step to interview with the partners I will work for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle two partners wanting their work done right away?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

UNORGANIZED AND RUDE. I was emailed by a recruiter MONTHS after I responded to an opening, to schedule a phone interview.....I was told I had to send her my resume and also complete an online application (great, another hour of my time after I already did this once)....After two emails from her about scheduling, she replied telling me she's send a confirmation. Instead of receiving a confirmation, I received a generic response the nest day that I am no longer being considered for the position. No mention of why, no reason, just all of a sudden, after she'd already seen my credentials, I am not under consideration when she led me to believe that an interview was in the process of being scheduled. I intentionally waited to complete the online application because I already have a job offer on the table....I was only going to consider it since they called. I DON'T CARE. It's the principle of the matter and that I could have taken more of my time to go thru her process. I've grown tired of the treatment by these recruiters who should at the end of the day, feel EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. This is the SECOND time I've had an issue with KPMG...the last time they told me they were scheduling a call, I never received confirmation at all and the call came when I didn't expect it to - from an international number and someone who didn't speak English well enough to properly discuss the position, much less transcribe the call OR make decisions. Never again will I apply here.

Interview Questions

• Can I schedule a call with you this week?   1 Answer

Manager, Bank Transformation Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG in June 2015.

Interview

Not sure if it needs to be called interview process but it does not reflect whatsoever the image this company portrays. It started pretty fine, applied on company's career site and then contacted by a US based hiring associate for initial interview. But things went bizarre when a second phone interview was scheduled. First the person who called, from overseas, was 30 minutes late. After the interview was done, she said she will email me details pertaining to the next steps like meeting with US based office managers and conduct technical interviews. 2 days passed and I have yet to receive anything from the overseas manager. The weird thing is that in the mean time, my application disappeared from KPMG's talent network site. I can no longer track the status of my job application???. Something I have never experienced so far has just happened with one of the Big 4!!! My question is how come a company the size and importance of KPMG that offer audit services to fortune 500 companies in the world, can not keep a job application in its system?? What happened to my job application? Why was it removed? Why wasn't I informed about the status of my application?? I asked myself all these questions and decided to find out what happened. I called the local office in the US, based in Chicago precisely, and got on the phone with the person who contacted me first. I explained the situation and she said that, my resume was still attached to the application and that the system acts weird sometimes and bla bla. To make long story short, she said she will email me contact details of a local hiring manager who will provide me details on the next steps. But till today, I have still not received any email nor status update on my job application. I was a bit disappointed and at the same time felt disrespected by KPMG's HR people on the way they handled my job application. No transparency whatsoever as I still don't know where my application stands. Even though I followed by email and even called to inquire about my application but n results. Two KPMG employees said they will send me emails but they , unfortunately, never did. Now let me cite KPMG's values: We lead by example - We Work Together - We respect the individual - We seek the facts and provide insights - We are open and honest in our communication - Above all we act with integrity. To me it seems like these values are plain BS.

Events and Meetings Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

One on one interview. Very conversational and brief. I wouldn't call the interview hard in any way. I felt like they already had someone in mind when I interviewed with them. An awesome company to work for if you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you felt with an unruly customer?   Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and HR contacted me and ask my background. Then i got another interview. It was telephone. A bit of technical and on my past projects. The person asked me to forward my project sample code if i have and i did email to him. Before hanging up the phone he told you definitely going to hear from us. I waited for 9 days then i follow up through email. Its past 1 and half month and i have not heard back form them. I dont mind if i dont got selected but atleast show some professionalism and courtesy to notify whatever it is.

Interview Questions

• mostly resume based. Past projects. How you did and what are your responsibility.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was screened by a recruiter and then asked to interview in person with a senior manager in the company's business process group. The interview was scheduled by a coordinator on the recruiter/hiring managers' behalf. I met with the manager and a potential peer/mentor in person in the company's local office.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very typical, in my opinion. 'Tell me about yourself...' I was asked to describe my approach communicating with stakeholders, how do you set priorities etc. Among others, what is your biggest accomplishment professionally?   1 Answer