KPMG

1,176 candidate interviews

Associate Interview

Associate
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG in October 2009.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews to receive an offer in Transactions & Restructuring part of the Advisory business. First round of regular interview on why would you join, etc. Second round was a technical, 3 hour long case. Third round was to interview with department leaders and was more confirmatory and introductory in nature.

Interview Question – describe exactly what the group does and what would you do in their shoes?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very reasonable interview process by multiple managers and directors.

Interview Question – Explain how you would improve the process of building a car.   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in November 2010.

Interview Details – Campus Interview — KPMG regularly visits college campuses around the country to meet new candidates for positions. This gives you an opportunity to meet us and see what we're all about. Be sure to work closely with your campus Career Services office. They are a good resource for you and can assist with resume and interview preparation. KPMG does most of their first-round interviews on campus through the Career Services office.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for KPMG?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG in September 2009.

Interview Details – Initial contact was a very quick and general phone interview about why I was interested in the position. I was invited to interview with 2 fairly senior individuals in the group.

My first 1:1 interview was very intense and very technical. I was asked very specific statistics and financial valuation questions. The first interview felt rushed and there was no Q&A at the end.

The second interview was very behavioral. There were still resume questions but much more high level. Asked why I wanted the position, what I can offer etc. Q&A lasted for what seemed like half the interview.

HR was very quick and rejected me a few hours after I left the interview.

Interview Question – How do you value a swaption?   View Answer

Intern Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at KPMG in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very diffcult questions were using the star method

Interview Question – when was a time you had to chose one person over another   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Montvale, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG in September 2010.

Interview Details – After having applied online, the first round consisted of a recruiter contacting me and running through the standard gambit of questions relating to my experience, educational qualifications and why was I applying for the position. The next set of questions was a basic technical screening on the technologies used (Object Oriented Principles, .Net Basics).

After clearing that, I had a more detailed screening on the phone. This was with a Development Manager and was for a little over an hour. The questioning was on everything I said was my strengths, in terms of technologies. Lots of detailed questions on SQL, Advanced C#, Databases, Designing and .Net technologies. Definitely an intense round as the questions were not the canned types but more the thought-invoking ones with 'why would you do this, what technological aspect of blah blah would you use in this scenario', etc. Be prepared to justify your answers in detail, and not just spitting out what you learned online.

Third round was on site with a whole group of Architecture, Development and Product Managers. This was for about 4 hours. I was asked everything about everything I have probably ever done in 5 years of my work experience and why and how I could have, would have done it differently and why! Technical questions, design questions, implementing technical solutions to problems on a white board, analysis of code, nuts and bolts about .Net framework, internals, memory utilization, threading, C#, database designing, etc. PHEW! Don't expect a red carpet with coffee and cake. It's all business!

Interview Questions

• Please describe why you designed your solution the way you implemented it?   Answer Question
  • What do think is wrong about the design you just described and why? How would make it better?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG in May 2011.

Interview Details – I started by emailing an alum of the law school who worked for KPMG. I had previously applied to the company through its online system. Interviews appear to be gained through networking but this may be a function of the economy. They did not appear to interview on campus but as an LLM, I am not apart of the on campus interview process. I was contacted by KPMG's HR person and I was scheduled for an interview. During the first interview I spoke with 2 people. Both attorneys and both accountants. They were both experienced attorneys who had worked for other employers and had recently been hired by KPMG. People seem to gain some promotions by switching companies instead of being promoted upwards. Neither interview went great. I did not feel good about the interview process. When I was obtaining my JD, I interviewed with a number of law firms so I think I know how to interview with attorneys but these interviews did not go well. I was pursuing employment because I anticipated that I would obtain my LLM in May and I did obtain my LLM in May of 2011. But, I had a second interview with their accountants in the SALT department. I spoke with 5 people. I was tired by the end of the interviews. They don't put people up in hotels the day before interviews like law firms do. I think I know how to explain my experience to lawyers but I do not know whether those explanations work for accountants at an accounting firm. I don't think they understood the type of work I used to do at Sullivan & Cromwell. It did not seem to be a fit at all. It just was not a fit. I cannot explain their culture but it wasn't a fit. I kept trying to understand what an attorney does at an accounting firm. I know what attorneys do at law firms.

Interview Questions

Junior Consultant Interview

Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – First of all you need to submit two tests.
Second round is a case study round specialized to the field of advisory where you are applying
Third round is a HR interview concentrated on your motivation, previous experience and level of your English
Fourth round is a competency based interview with managers and specialists (presentation, conversation about the sector where they giving advice, estimation questions)
Fifth and final round is wit the partner/director. 1,5 hours of small talk with some examples from your professional background and a lot of info about the position

Interview Question – Real time from right there (meeting room) how can I figure out the real time cost of green energy in the country   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Summer Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in March 2014.

Interview Details – There was a dinner before which was nice and we were seated with a partner who had been helpful with our nerves. During my interview I was interviewed by a different partner. The entire time he was interviewing me he avoided conversation and instead of being interviewed I felt I was being integrated. The partner was not very nice and gave me an extremely bad perception of the firm. Instead of making me feel comfortable like every other firm I was nervous and couldn't be myself.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when your coworker acted in an unethical way.   Answer Question

Senior Advisor Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG in February 2012.

Interview Details – Upon submission of the application online, I got a call from HR within 24 hours to arrange a meeting with the Senior Managers. The senior managers were very helpful and focused greatly on how a job applicant would be able to grow in the position. I was subsequently referred to the Partner interview, and the interview was extremely technical.

Interview Question – What is your experience in internal auditing?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG interview questions and advice. All 1,176 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.