Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG
- Audit Associate (188)
- Intern (166)
- Associate (98)
- Tax Associate (84)
- Audit Intern (79)
- Consultant (72)
- Senior Associate (60)
- Advisory Associate (54)
- Audit (45)
- Analyst (38)
- Manager (30)
- Staff Accountant (28)
- Audit Assistant (25)
- Graduate Trainee (25)
- Senior Consultant (21)
- IT Advisory - Associate (19)
- Tax Intern (18)
- Tax (17)
- Advisory Manager (16)
- IT Advisory Associate (15)
- Assistant Manager (14)
- Summer Intern (14)
- Senior Manager (14)
- Auditor (14)
- Advisory (13)
- Associate Consultant (13)
- Advisory Intern (13)
- Graduate (13)
- Executive (13)
- Business Analyst (12)
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.
Participated in an interview to attend the Discover Leadership Program, and had two 30 minute interviews at the conference for an internship position. After the interview at the Discover Program, I received a winter internship offer for 2016.
- Describe a time when you faced challenges within a group? Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.
Not a bad process. It was a comfortable conference room where we met and had the interview. The process was a typical interview as one might expect in the industry. It was not a bad process and the questions asked were typical for this industry and for the level of management that was being sought.
- How long have you been in public accounting? 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative Experience
I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.
I applied online and HR contacted me and ask my background. Then i got another interview. It was telephone. A bit of technical and on my past projects. The person asked me to forward my project sample code if i have and i did email to him. Before hanging up the phone he told you definitely going to hear from us. I waited for 9 days then i follow up through email. Its past 1 and half month and i have not heard back form them. I dont mind if i dont got selected but atleast show some professionalism and courtesy to notify whatever it is.
- mostly resume based. Past projects. How you did and what are your responsibility. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in June 2015.
One on one interview. Very conversational and brief. I wouldn't call the interview hard in any way. I felt like they already had someone in mind when I interviewed with them. An awesome company to work for if you get the job.
- Tell us a time where you felt with an unruly customer? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.
I was screened by a recruiter and then asked to interview in person with a senior manager in the company's business process group. The interview was scheduled by a coordinator on the recruiter/hiring managers' behalf. I met with the manager and a potential peer/mentor in person in the company's local office.
- The questions were very typical, in my opinion. &amp;#039;Tell me about yourself...&amp;#039; I was asked to describe my approach communicating with stakeholders, how do you set priorities etc. Among others, what is your biggest accomplishment professionally? 1 Answer
Helpful (19)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at KPMG.
30 -min face to face interview with the Director of the Advisory Services. On Campus interview. A very informal setting, relaxed and comfortable. They just wanted to know more about me and why I chose to apply and how this position could help me to advance in my career. They told a lot about the position as well.
- Tell me about your background and why I'm interested in this role Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
More of a conversation than interview. I interviewed for internship during college so the interview process is more relaxed. I am not sure how the direct hire or transfer interviews are, but I think senior management made up their decision before you were interviewed.
- What do you like to do outside of work? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG.
(1) Networking events: career fairs, information session, social events (2) Online application: resume, transcript, cover letter (3) Interview Pre-select: school's online system (4) Sign up for Interviews: school's online system (5) Interview: conversational, formal
- Tell me about yourself Answer Question
Helpful (9)No OfferNegative Experience
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).
A recruiter reached out. We talked within the week and shortly after filling out KPMG's online app, I received an automated email about how they are no longer considering me as a candidate. I wish this was the end of my experience but weeks later, the recruiter reached out to schedule a phone interview with someone from the team. I was told to ignore the rejection email. After coordinating a date and time in the interviewer's mornings-only schedule, I was sent a confirmation email for the phone interview. Aside from never receiving a call from the interviewer on that date, there was neither a notification of a cancellation/rescheduling nor any acknowledgement as to what happened. Reassessing my career goals, I decided to discontinue the process. In retrospect, it's rather eye opening. Having completed at least 100 interviews, this was indubitably the most disorganized and disappointing recruitment process I have been through. Word of advice to HR: get a little more involved.
- What's the best date and time for your schedule? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive Experience
The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).
The process was very laid back and easy. I applied on the school website and got an interview at school. There was a dinner the night before which was fun and laid back. Then the next morning was the interview. They asked me tell me about yourself and asked what my favorite class was. In the next two days I got a phone call saying I made it to the office visits. The people were awesome and very nice. Very great experience.
- Tell me about yourself Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review