KPMG Interview Questions

2,141 Interview Reviews

2.8

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Long process, have not finished yet. They do not follow up, you need to write them and see what is happening. They hire people only if there are projects available.

Interview Questions

• 3 phone interviews: walk them through your resume. 2 behavioral interviews: Why KPMG?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Went through campus recruiting. Had on campus interview with a partner for 45 mins. It was all behavioral questions. A week later I was invited to their office visit, which happened about one and half months later. We all stayed at a nice hotel and had dinner in small groups the night before. Office visit was very relaxing. There were 3 interviews but they were all very informal. At the last interview I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember. But the on campus interview was all behavioral questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one in-person interview where I met with 3 interviewers back-to-back. The entire process still managed to span three months, where I eventually learned that I was the top candidate but that they decided to hire from within. They said if there were two positions, I would have the other....to reach out to the recruiter should I find another position of interest.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, can't recall specific.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The overall interview process was good. I applied through campus recruiting and was selected for an interview. On the night before the interview, KPMG treated all of the interviewees to dinner. The first interview was a relaxing conversation. The following day, I received a call back that I was granted an office visit. During the office visit process, KPMG pays for you to stay in a hotel and hosts a networking dinner the night before. The office visit had two 30 minute interviews with a manager and a senior manager. There was also a panel to answer questions with 3 KPMG professionals. The senior manager called me a few hours later and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Risk Consulting IT Attestation Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

We have a pre-interview perception and I met with the one who will be my interviewer, a department director. And next morning I have the interview. We mainly talked about the work and activity I have done and the skills I learnt. He didn't ask any hard question, even strength or weakness. So I think I told nothing outstanding to him, which should be the reason I failed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose this position?   1 Answer

Future Diversity Leaders Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The interview was held in the career services office at my university. Before the interview, I made small talk with the campus recruiter. Then, I had a 30 minute interview with the diversity recruiter. She was very friendly and easy to talk to, much like many people at KPMG. The interview was primarily behavioral and was more like a conversation.

Information Protection Associate Interview

Interview

Very casual interview. Behavioral questions and discussion about prior work experience. Interviewed with 3 people during 30 min 1 on 1 sessions. Very friendly and personable people. Overall great experience visiting the firm, interviewing and learning about the position/company.

State and Local Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

1 round in the office. You meet with other candidates. Recruiter who offered you an interview is usually the person to host you at the interview. I met with 1 senior manager in SALT and then 1 partner in SALT. Each interview is 30 minutes long.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair at my university. I received an email two days later inviting me in for an interview and office visit. I interviewed with an Audit Manager and two partners. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. It was a great experience overall!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I spoke with a senior manager. He was polite, but I got the distinct feeling that he had already made up his mind about me. That being said the interview was smooth and easy going. No behavioral or knowledge based questions.