KPMG

Getting the Interview

1,176 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG in December 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me one phone interview, one in office and then comp discussion

Interview Question – How have you dealt with difficult people in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate for the entry salary if you can

Technology Enablement Interview

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details – applied through campus career net
First round on campus
took us out for a very expensive dinner the night before
followed by second round on site
interviewed by two senior managers
they were polite and answered all my questions
all behavioral questions
no technical questions

Interview Question – What do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

IES Associate Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in November 2012.

Interview Details – I came into KPMG as a campus hire. The campus recruiters were active at several events each term. The key to getting hired is really to get to know your campus recruiter. Weed your way past the additional associates that come to support the firm message and make sure that the recruiter knows who you are. After several events they will remember you. If you are nice to talk to and seem intelligent, you are very likely to get an interview. Make sure you have an idea of what you want to do within the company such as Tax, Audit, etc. Even if you don't know this answer, pick one and commit to it. You can always change after you have an internship. Once you get an internship, you really have to perform poorly not to get hired.

Interview Question – The interview questions for the Big 4 are personality based questions. Unless you are interviewing as an experienced hire, you will not be asked technical questions. It will still be helpful to demonstrate that you do have some knowledge in the field of the position you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating your starting salary as a campus hire. You are indexed based on other firms in the city where you are hired and given a set starting salary.

Information Protection Associate Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – I went through my university for the interview process. Before the interview we has a social gathering to meet our potential interviewers and got to know the company more in an informal setting. The interview was held at our career services department and you would be notified of second interviews until a week.

Interview Question – Most questions are behavioral questions, mostly addressing your involvement in group settings and individual contributions to team work.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG in August 2011.

Interview Details – Met with associates and senior associates for lunch, and had behavioral interviews with partners and managers. They were all friendly and are looking for three things: Do you want to work in Tax? Are you going to fit in? and... Are you going to work hard?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were a leader in something...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Senior Associate - Advisory

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – Very smooth interview process. I was referred by a current employee. No prescreening round by the HR. 1st round - behavioral questions with Managing Director over the phone. Lasted 30 mins. Plenty of time to ask questions about the company. 2nd round - flown to Atlanta to meet up with 3 interviewers - one Principal and 2 Managers. Again, behavioral questions lasting 30 - 45 mins. Don't focus on just one interviewer. Each interview matters!

Tax Summer Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus, got into the second interview. no technical questions in either interviews, just some general questions, like leadership, teamwork, why tax, why kpmg. there is a pre social before first interview. It's a nice opportunity to get information from other associates and you will probably have the chance to meet your interviewer.

Interview Question – you seem to have a lot of experience in finance, why do you like tax?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in August 2013.

Interview Details – Everyone involved was warm and welcoming. The interview process was more greared to determine if your personality is a fit with the practice and technical questions were asked but very high level.

Interview Question – None. It was pretty straight forward. No surprises, no gimmicks, scripts, ect.. It was a conversation and not a Q&A.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Brief. No room for negotiation.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Montvale, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG in December 2013.

Interview Details – Received a call from recruiter and then from the manager. This was my first interview They were both very polite. The manager asked questions regarding my work experience. These questions were from the most frequent 21 questions asked at a big 4 interview. You can google to find these questions.

Interview Question – As far as i remember it was about forecasting   Answer Question

Market/Treasury Risk Internship Interview

Austin, TX

Interview Details – Got an interview after I applied on my school's recruiting website. Went to the dinner reception the day before my interview and talked to the recruiters who were interviewing me the next day. The interview itself was mostly technical questions about school course work and some questions relating to the market. There was also a case study.

Interview Question – Case study.   Answer Question