KPMG

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Audit Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in March 2011.

Interview Details – Campus interview, then 2 day office visit for "Inside Look"

Interview Question – Standard questions. None very exciting or challenging. Mostly behavioral. You can find all these online.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in April 2012.

Interview Details – 2-3 interviews. process takes two days

Interview Question – tell us three bad qualities about yourself   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG in August 2011.

Interview Details – Met with associates and senior associates for lunch, and had behavioral interviews with partners and managers. They were all friendly and are looking for three things: Do you want to work in Tax? Are you going to fit in? and... Are you going to work hard?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were a leader in something...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Advisory Manager Interview

Advisory Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – The hiring/ interview process was pretty typical of a Big 4/ consulting environment; initial phone screening by a recruiter, phone call interviews (mostly behavioral and fit based) with Sr. Manager/ Director. Followed by in-person interview at local KPMG office with Director/ Partner.

The one thing I will say about the process is that the scheduling was VERY unorganized and the phone calls somewhat disinterested. Prior to scheduling an interview the recruiter/ or assistant would reach out and ask for availability for the following week, after providing it, I got no response. After the week was up I issued a follow up email and was again asked to provide availability for the NEXT week, no apology or justification for delay in response. I would be contacted 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled interview via email confirmation, no phone call/ or email to confirm my availability.

Finally, after going through this disorganized practice and poor applicant experience (5 weeks in), I simply informed them I had accepted another offer and declined the final interview.

Information Protection Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial campus meeting where we went over the basics (Why KPMG?, why Information Protection, What makes you different from other applicants, etc). Then, I was asked to come to the office and I was flown out to interview with 2 partners and 1 senior manager, all of which had different technical questions and different areas specified. After the three interviews, I was taken out to lunch with 2 associates and I had a chance to ask them any questions about the internship experience or full time questions. After lunch I met with the recruiter and was told I had an offer.

Interview Question – Knowing that you will have to travel and have a highly stressful career, why do you want to go into consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the Campus Recruiter and then 3 in person interviews of 30 min each with different managers and partners in the office. All behavioral questions and conversations about my background and "why accounting / KPMG". Most of my interviews were just like normal conversations and only one resorted to a pre determined list of questions.

Interview Question – Describe a recent ethical dilemma and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Senior Audit Associate Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2010.

Interview Details – This was 3 years ago, but.... The initial process was through campus recruiting and was well run. I felt comfortable with the recruiter, and the questions were pretty standard (why did you pick accounting, how have you done in your classes, etc). I flew out to San Francisco for an interview and was treated very well (comparable to other firms, but with a more personal touch because the people picked to have dinner/breakfast with me had common interests that had clearly been selected for that reason). Interviews went well and were still primarily vanilla questions - it was also great that the process seemed to be geared toward a mutual fit. I was allowed to ask a lot of questions, and got to talk to the partners and managers about their clients and experiences.

What really stood out was the professionalism of the recruiting team. Another Big 4 firm really dropped the ball in terms of coordination and follow-up (with the exception of an offer, which was extended within a few hours). KPMG's recruiters were organized, friendly and prompt (and still quick with an offer)

Negotiation Details – This was an entry level position, and while I was honest with the recruiter about a marginally higher offer from another firm, there wasn't really any room to negotiate. The interview process also took place in late 2010 when the market was still pretty weak.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very laid back. Not challenging-Asked behavior questions

Interview Question – Asked what would you do in this type of situation....   Answer Question

EVS Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – asked about financial statements, how would depreciation flow over the 3 statements, DCF, WACC ext

Contract Compliance Services Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was largely behavioral, asked about leadership experiences

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.