KPMG

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Intern Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in January 2014.

Interview Details – Really fun process. 1st interview was basic behavioral questions. Second round interviews were very conversational and really just about getting to know you. It was really informative and I was able to get to get a lot of knowledge about the company.

Interview Question – There wasn't any really challenging questions. Just behavior questions. They are really just trying to get to know you and see if you are a good fit   Answer Question

Tax Internship Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details – Very basic questions about my qualifications ie. 150 hour requirement and graduation date. I was surprised that there were no behavioral questions asked.

Interview Question – How well do you balance your time?   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Advisory Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed at KPMG in January 2011.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview. First round by HR, second round was technical interview with two directors,and a final round with the partner

Interview Question – Highight specific benefits provided to clients based on your output?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Tax Summer Intern Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had a one on one interview with a senior manager of the specific service after the resume screening.

Interview Question – The senior manager didn't ask me any questions, but she said that her team prefer to work with someone who doesn't have experience.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in September 2011.

Interview Details – This interview was an on-campus interview. You get a one on one interview with a senior manager of the specific service. They basically want to get to know you and see if you would fit in their company, of course.

Interview Question – Why did you choose audit services?   Answer Question

Contract Compliance Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG in March 2011.

Interview Details – Be prepared to shine and work well with others during teaming activities!

Interview Question – What does KPMG stand for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Summer Audit Intern Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to KPMG initially in October of 2011 through my school career fair. However I did not hear back from them. I applied again in winter after another career fair at my school. This time, the recruiter that I met at the fair called me to schedule my interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes and it was the same recruiter interviewing me. I felt very much at ease. She asked me a lot of follow up questions, maybe because I was not following the STAR technique properly. I left the interview feeling good about it. She told me I can follow up by Wednesday of the following week. By Tuesday, however, I had received a rejection email. I emailed the recruiter back thanking her for the opportunity and if she could give me some feedback. She said she was unable to do that but I should definitely apply again.

I will do just that come next recruiting cycle. Overall it was a good experience. the recruiter was very pleasanton. She put me at ease right away.

Audit Associate Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in November 2011.

Interview Details – It was a whole day event, from 8am to 5pm. It started with breakfast and time to spend with several staff and one partner. They prepared a presentation on KPMG. Later we had group activities where we played "audit procedure" and "inventory audit", interviewed with a manager and a partner. Tour of the office. Another presentation, then dinner.

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in January 2011.

Interview Details – Tell me a time when you were in dispute with a group member. Mainly behavioral and situational questions

Interview Question – tell me a time when you had to think outside of the box   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Discover KPMG Summer Leadership Program Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my schools career center, and a week after the deadline for submissions had passed I received an email to interview.

The interview was super easy, as we just chatted about my interest, as well my future plans on if I'm interested in tax, audit, or advisory. The recruiter went over my resume wanting to hear about everything I listed. They told me I would hear back in 2 weeks and on the day before it would be too weeks I got a call and was asked if I'm interested in being a part of the program.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since it's just a leadership program.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.