KPMG Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

Updated Aug 17, 2015

3.2

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Just normal conversation. They were very friendly but the people who worked there looked pretty stressed out. No one was talking. Interview process was pretty smooth. We chat for 30 min. And she was super friendly.

Audit CMI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview went by smoothly. Lasted a few weeks, but the recruiting team was very communicative and pretty quick to respond so I didn't feel like I was left in the dark.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions I was asked were inquiries based off from my resumé.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I started off with an on-campus interview. I didn't really know much about the company and hadn't met any professionals although my school held a lot of events to encourage networking. The interview was very easy, the interviewer was very nice and welcoming and just asked me to walk her through my resume and what I learned from each job. I articulated the leadership and communication skills I learned and she was pleased. The interview was very conversational and she left a lot of time for questions. I was not very interested in KPMG since EY wass my top choice, but she made that all change. I was informed I got the second round interview the next day, and a week later I had my office visit. The night before the interviews we had a dinner with KPMG professionals and it was very nice if you know how to socialize. The next day, we had a variety of presentations, team building exercises, an office tour, interviews (one with a partner, another with a senior manager), and a very nice lunch with 2 associates. I would say that if you are a genuine, social, and nice person, there is no reason why you shouldn't get an offer. Got my offer 2 hours after the interview.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Went to the interview. Pretty standard super day. Met with MDs, VPs, Associates. Was asked several financial questions: Walk me through, DCF, LBO, Accretion dilution model. How do you calculate EV, Equity value. What are the common components of Comparable comps

Negotiation

I had several offers so I was able to negotiate my salary.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Meet with recruiters in the campus job fair, and about 1 week later I was invited to the first round interview. I was interviewed with a manager and all behavior questions. After 1 week from the first round interview, I got the opportunity to the second round. I had three 1:1 interviews with either senior managers or partners, had lunch with associates and had a office tour. Nothing unexpected. They are all very nice.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

This interview was an on-campus interview. You get a one on one interview with a senior manager of the specific service. They basically want to get to know you and see if you would fit in their company, of course.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. First round by HR, second round was technical interview with two directors,and a final round with the partner

Interview Questions

• Highight specific benefits provided to clients based on your output?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

After preliminary certification through my school's career office, I was able to submit my resume, references, and an unofficial copy of my transcript through KMPG's website. Probably due to my G.P.A. alone [3.7+ at that time], I landed a first round interview.

Interview Questions

• As my interview stayed avoided unduly technical questions, there weren't any questions that we difficult, per se; however, he did ask me one question so odd that it caught me off guard: "From your work experience, what's the greatest compliment you've received?" Though I froze up at the time, in retrospect, I probably could have salvaged the moment by responding with a comment or phrase from my previous employer's letter of recommendation.   Answer Question