KPMG

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Audit Associate Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2010.

Interview Details – This was 3 years ago, but.... The initial process was through campus recruiting and was well run. I felt comfortable with the recruiter, and the questions were pretty standard (why did you pick accounting, how have you done in your classes, etc). I flew out to San Francisco for an interview and was treated very well (comparable to other firms, but with a more personal touch because the people picked to have dinner/breakfast with me had common interests that had clearly been selected for that reason). Interviews went well and were still primarily vanilla questions - it was also great that the process seemed to be geared toward a mutual fit. I was allowed to ask a lot of questions, and got to talk to the partners and managers about their clients and experiences.

What really stood out was the professionalism of the recruiting team. Another Big 4 firm really dropped the ball in terms of coordination and follow-up (with the exception of an offer, which was extended within a few hours). KPMG's recruiters were organized, friendly and prompt (and still quick with an offer)

Negotiation Details – This was an entry level position, and while I was honest with the recruiter about a marginally higher offer from another firm, there wasn't really any room to negotiate. The interview process also took place in late 2010 when the market was still pretty weak.

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Audit Senior Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview took place with 4 different individuals - all senior managers and partner level. Each lasted 30 minutes, and they asked various questions each.
In all, they covered topics from specific accounting treatment for PP&E, how I have worked with bosses that I did not get along with in the past, how my work culture was, and the reason for why I quit. They gave me a good overview of what the new place of work would be like.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with any managers you did not like? How did you resolve that situation and what was your reaction?   Answer Question
  • Explain to how to test PP&E depreciation expense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None really. Just bid high, and they'll reward.

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Audit Senior Associate
Doha (Qatar)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in December 2010.

Interview Details – My friend submitted my CV to the HR and they scheduled phone interview which took half an hour almost, after couple of days, they scheduled the technical interview which took like half an hour as well, they prepared the contract and sent it to me for review and signature, I negotiated the terms of the contract regarding the salary and vacation days, and after the agreement over the condition the contract were signed and approved

Interview Question – What is salary expectation   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Senior Audit Associate interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.