KPMG Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

HR phone screening, Interview with 2 Directors over the phone, Office visit.The office visit consisted in interviewing with Directors in the office. They give you a tour of the office and depending on the interviewer, questions could be from day-to-day life experience to ensure fit or prior professional experiences to check skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and how this is relevant to the job you are applying now?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Initial HR Call after Resume drop, then 1 on 1 interview with manager and then 1 on 1 interview with senior manager.. Then you may go on to have an interview with Director, depends on their requirement.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Very good interview experience in the office , nice talk with the director in the meeting room and good coffee as well. All behaviour question and not too difficult as long as prepare well.

Interview Questions

• What difficulty you have met when you have different opinion with others?   Answer Question

Negotiation

All questions are behaviour related

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Interviewing process was very lengthy. It look about 4 months to actually get an offer letter from the company. Communication wasn't very good either. The interview process itself wasn't too bad. Had 5 phone interviews and 1 onsite with 3 people. I had to travel from NY to their Chicago office and they only paid for the flight.

Interview Questions

• none really - they asked about the aspects of SAP GRC. if you know that for this position it should be fine   Answer Question

My company matched the offer and it took a lot of time to actually get the offer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with two members of the Atlanta office. Generally behavioral in nature. They were looking for a specific role in risk that I was unaware of sitting in the interview. I would be sure to ask what specifically you are sitting for as opposed ot the role i applied for.

Interview Questions

• I was given the basic questions around valuing assets and how i would handle a CFO who was unwilling to accept my recommendations.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG in June 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews, Invited to office - declined further interviews.

Interview Questions

• Quetsions were routine/ expected beginning interview questions - Interest in KPMG; Why leaving current position...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Couple of initial behavioral interviews, followed by experience interviews and very less case questions

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Copenhagen (Denmark)).

Interview

Hiring manager, online tests, HR interview. Traditional questions. No "creative" questions. Interview was overall pleasant and two-way. The process was also fast from when I submitted an application. No presentation requested. Interview was focused on describing on how you would handle/approach situations or issues. As many clients are in the public sector, it is required that you speak Danish professionally - seems the company would offer support for this.

Interview Questions

• Why do you now want to become a consultant (so far into your corporate career)?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Initial communications was great, but after first round had no communication from HR, After two months got a call from HR that i was not selected. it was only after i contacted the business people. Even the first interview was like a checklist being confirmed, Will suggest to anyone who is applying not to speak with business people as this offends HR off for some reason.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

Initial communication with a recruitment agency, I receive a call from headhunter and after long conversation, I was sent a job spec. I sent my CV and receive an invitation for the first 1:1 interview after preliminary telephone interview. I was told that it should be a three fold interview process. I had only first interview. My first interview was with a team leader, friendly atmosphere, nice office.

Interview Questions

• That was quite a few of technical questions related to IT projects I've done previously, but quite difficult question was - What is the best constructive criticism you’ve ever received? Why?   Answer Question