KPMG Senior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in April 2009.

Interview

The process included a series of group interviews with current staff (not HR folks) and if you made the cut from group to group, you were then presented with a specific "case: (as a form of behavioral interview) where a smaller group offered up a potential client situation and what you would do to serve that particular client. The final interview was with the Partner I would report to.

Better opportunities elsewhere.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in June 2015.

Interview

Process consisted of one HR and 2 technical rounds by Partners. Interview conducted by Skype/Telephone as I was not located in the same city. The HR round was exploratory on motives for change, past experience etc and the technical rounds explored my CV in more detail, focussing on issues and problems I've handled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a recent technical issue you helped clients with. Tell me about employee conflict and how you dealt with one instance of conflict with employees who reported to you How do you deal with under-performing employees   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the salary and joining allowances, which happened over a period of 1 week.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The entrance exams were very difficult but the actual interview process was relatively straight forward. The key things are to prepare extensively to pass the entrance exams while being very specific in terms of what you want to do at KPMG. Nobody in Audit wants to interview someone for an audit role who's long term plan is to be in M&A advisory.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions are few and far between. However, the up front investment into staff is significant so be unequivocal in the fact that you view KPMG as your long term career--any indication that you regard it as a great brand to develop yourself or act as a stepping stone will likely result in termination of the interview process. KPMG knows that it can do for you, what it wants to know is what you can do for it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No leeway to negotiate really

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I interviewed at KPMG (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2013.

Interview

email, followed by face to face interview

no great company

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Interview process consisted of three interviews. One initial meeting with an MD, then a phone screen by an SM and followed by an interview with a partner. All involved were very personable and professional. The HR representative responsible for executing the process and negotiating the salary was a little different and in one case blatantly dishonest. However, after several conversations and a call with the MD, everything worked out.

Interview Questions

• There wasnt anything really unexpected or difficult involved.   Answer Question

I was on the fence the entire time and although I really liked the people I spoke with, the dishonesty from the HR rep was a bad sign.

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Interview with Senior manager, Director and partner. I came in at a junior level so they were much more interested in my personal characteristics and my drive to learn and deliver rather than my pure technical ability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wanted the job too much to start to negotiate. Probably a little young as i wouldn't do that now.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Multiple interviews (6 Rounds) with Psychometric Verbal & Numerical Tests

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions on business and business development   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

1. Was hired through a placement agency after applying to an online vacancy advertised for on naukri.com 2. The placement agency shared the c.v. which was then approved by HR in KPMG 3. Two weeks later HR called and conducted a 20 minute phone interview covering experience and more specifically looked for information on last salary drawn 4. Met head of practice two weeks later at the KPMG office for another 20 minute interview. 5. HR got back through the placement agency to offer a position that was two grades lower than what was advertised for 6. Asked for an understanding on the basis for which the grade/ position was revised 7. Slow communication process thereafter and the placement agency mentioned their hiring could take upto 4 months

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG in January 2011.

Interview

Submitted CV and got a call from HR. Two more rounds of interviews followed with hiring manager and partners. Basically it is a boy's club. No women interviewers except for HR :) No female partners in consulting, just audit. Very sexists.

Interview Questions

• They run a personality test. Not sure how that was used but doesn't seem to be of any value, just to make HR look sophisticated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You just have to name your price tag. Don't be shy because promotion or salary raise may not come in a long period. Bonus is also very unclear so don't rely on it.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in August 2010.

Interview

I only had my first interview and have to go back for the second. Very friendly and pleasant experience. No stress at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer and why would you like to join us?   Answer Question
    • What contributions you think you can make to the firm?   Answer Question
    • What are your tasks and responsibilities in your current position?   Answer Question
    • Would you mind having different tasks and clients in different locations?   Answer Question