KPMG Staff Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviews were done on campus by the Peat Marwick Mitchell & Co. They had selected 17 people to interview that day at the recrurment office by then Senior Managers off the company.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any piece of furniture what would you be and why?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in Campus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Campus, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with KMPG at an on campus event first and a week later was invited to an on campus interview. My interview was the first of the day, arrived 10 minutes prior and the person that was supposed to interview me was still not there. He arrived late with no greeters. Deloitte, EY, and McGladrey all had greeters with them. Once the interview started he was very disorganized, did not know what position I was interviewing for, had a laptop he kept looking at, and was inhaling coffee. Never asked me to tell him about myself. Only asked me three questions and then I spent the next 20 minutes interviewing him. When I asked him what the next steps were he told me he did not know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

On-campus interview and in-office interview

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Phone interview mostly about my interests,what I knew about service lines. Behavioral questions.

Staff Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

At first I thought the interviewers will be intimidating, since after all, KPMG is one of the Big 4 Public Accounting Firms in US. However, I was proven wrong. My interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. There were two rounds of interview for my position (audit intern). The first round was held in my university and the second round was a 2-day event held in their SF office. They treated the applicants REALLY WELL. They were super generous and super helpful. I am glad I got the job and I very much enjoy working them since then.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in September 2007.

Interview

Intense.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Friendly.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Easy basic questions, friendly They really just wanted to get to know you and see if you would fit into the employment atmosphere. A few technical questions but nothing you cant prepare for.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was very conversational & was with a senior manager first and then with a partner after. Both were conversational & we talked about their kids. They both talked about my resume - each experience top to bottom. They asked amount my hobbies too and were interested in that (I put my hobbies on my resume).

Interview Questions

• Why CA? Why KPMG? Why accounting?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Internet questionaire consisting of behavioural and technical aspects. Followed by 3 interviews: one with senior accountants and then another two with partners. I did very well until the final partner. He did not like me from the start so I knew my goose was cooked. The final interview was a conference room, which was dark and no lights on.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I did one internship with them so for the trainee program I only had one interview with the partner.Standard why questions.. Why us ? Why not advisory ? Why choose audit instead?

Interview Questions

• I didn't get any difficult question, probably because it was the interview with the partner... He asked me a lot of background and preference questions.. nth more   Answer Question