KPMG Summer Intern Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

We submitted our resume through college's career services and then experienced the first round interview on-site after 1 month. They only asked behavior questions and each candidates will be interviewed by two senior manager/manger.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

First round was on campus interview with senior manager. Pre night dinner before office interviews. I was interviewed for Dallas office. Interview with senior manager and partner. Good experience. Behavioral questions. Questions from resume and past experiences like how have you handled a conflict situation etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

After preliminary certification through my school's career office, I was able to submit my resume, references, and an unofficial copy of my transcript through KMPG's website. Probably due to my G.P.A. alone [3.7+ at that time], I landed a first round interview.

Interview Questions

• As my interview stayed avoided unduly technical questions, there weren't any questions that we difficult, per se; however, he did ask me one question so odd that it caught me off guard: "From your work experience, what's the greatest compliment you've received?" Though I froze up at the time, in retrospect, I probably could have salvaged the moment by responding with a comment or phrase from my previous employer's letter of recommendation.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Submitted a resume and cover letter along with academic transcripts. Interviews took place on campus and were very much about getting to know you, your goals, and why you want to be a CA/CPA. Make sure you know your resume and cover letter inside-out as a lot of questions will be based off them.

Interview Questions

• In 10 years, how do you expect to balance your role at the firm with your other commitments?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Standard online application process.

Interview Questions

• We are the employer of the choice for 2013. Why are you the employee of choice?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

Just 1 problem solving test and 1 English test. You can search for sample questions on the internet and practice them before you attend the written exam. Overall, it's pretty easy after some practice. No face to face interview...and KP accepts 150+ interns every summer, mostly for audit. Only 20 or so are for Tax and Advisory combined.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation at all. We just signed the contract directly...

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

App test - numercial, logical and verbal. Quite challenging and time-limiting, better prepare beforehand Phone interview - really basic question about ur willingless to work long hour, ur career aspiration, why KPMG Group interview - something u can expect, 4 candidates case study, followed by presentation and Q&A session from the interviewers Partner interview - last round, show ur passion and understanding to the post. U will be fine

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fixed

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

KPMG held a couple meet and greets prior to the application deadline. After the deadline they were very quick to offer interviews. At Mount Royal they held an informal meet and greet to MRU interviewees.Very friendly and approachable. Interview was held at the downtown office. Two 30 minute interviews back to back (behavioural with a recruiter and conversational with a partner), followed by a round table event where you were able to ask questions to the different aspects of the business. Afterwards broke into small groups and went out for lunch. Group consisted of 3 interviewees and 2 assosicates. Entire process lasted from 8:40am till 2:30pm. Post interview event was held near the saddledome that evening. The firm is very team orientated so make sure you go to all events.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you dealt with a difficult customer/situation and describe what you did to resolve the conflict   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in June 2012.

Interview

You have to take two Tests: Verbal and Math. For the math part, you got 24 minutes for 24 questions. Time is so constrained. You gonna keep tapping your calculator and get the correct answer as soon as possible. For the verbal part, you will be given 9 passages and answer 4 questions for each, so totally 36 questions, in 20 minutes. Both speed and correct rate are important.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG in March 2012.

Interview

Interview process was quite easy and relax, mostly behavioral questions ( i.e. what is your strength and weakness, where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell me about a personal goal you have attained in the past few years, How did you go about doing so. work me through your resume...) No technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the cause of the recent financial crisis? Will Greece eventually recover?   Answer Question