KPMG Interview Questions in Sydney, Australia

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.3

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through their system and just finished the online test. This my first interview. The online questions are a bit hard especially for the verbal part. Limited time and hard to understand the question. Numerical part also needs reading a lot. Not only calculation. Do not know when they will tell me the result of the assessment.

Interview Questions

• numerical part also needs reading a lot. Not only calculation   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers + completed a written task that tested basic emailing skills. Heavily behavioural-based interview, based on prior occupational personality questionnaire. More emphasis on this than 'why do you want to work here', however be prepared to answer this and understand the specifics of the business area that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we do in this line of business? give specifics.   Answer Question

Graduate Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online Psychometric Testing (2 rounds) and a Partner Interview. Partner interview was face-to-face with Partner and Director. It was very topic focussed and my attempts initially to make conversation were steered back to their questions and my answers. Questions were largely behavioural based and asked usual interview situational questions. The interview was very long and gruelling, to be honest and often when I answered the questions they wanted more, either details or different examples. I did not think I went so well!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced group conflict; Describe a time you overcame difficulties etc etc.   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Interview

Online assessment includes a series of different scenario analysis. It is a kind of behavioral assessment mostly testing your problem solving skills. In additional, there is no correct solution for each question and no time limit in this online assessment. What I can do is choosing the best and least choices in each scenario.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Standard for big 4.

M&A Junior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2013.

Interview

Did psychometric tests, face to face interviews with managemetn and partners and then finally an actual case study exam using excel to value a company

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2013.

Interview

Having been an intern previously, I knew what the role was going to entail, although it was a different country. The interview process was very similar: Tests (verbal reasoning, maths, etc), a manager interview, and a Partner interview. All management had a very relaxed interview technique. Although filled with questions, they made me feel at ease which helped me answer the questions in a completely new way to what I may have otherwise rehearsed. Interview was very smooth and conversation-like. Very positive feedback and helpful when it came to answering questions I had posed to them.

Interview Questions

• "When have you had to make a difficult decision with little information and no time?"   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2013.

Interview

pretty straight forward. first received a phone interview- why did you apply for this position, why kpmg...followed by two manager/partner interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2012.

Interview

Submit an online application. If successful through the initial screening, they will email you to do online testing - numerical, verbal and logic. Then there is an assessment centre with 2 rounds of interviews - a partner and a senior manager.

Interview Questions

• All very standard behavioural questions - nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Cadet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

1:1 interview, then 2 interviews with partners, group exercise and written task. Was asked about my resume, what I liked to do in my spare time, why do you think you are suitable for the job, why are you better than other candidates. Fairly relaxed. They wanted to see who you really were.