KPMG US Accounting Intern Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Applied through my schools career center and received the first internship. Was only a half our and immediately asked me why I wanted to go into accounting. Discussed a few other basic interview questions. Wasn't too difficult, however I was interviewing for a Boston position, but she was a NC recruiter.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

I went through a semester-long recruiting program with my university where I was exposed to over twenty firms. I chose to sign for my internship with KPMG because of the friendly and personalized nature of every interaction I had with employees at all levels. From personally handwritten letters from a partner to a phone call from an associate asking if I had any questions about the process. I had an initial interview that was extremely laid back (by this time I had been to a few social events with them). I also had an office visit in which there was no interview. Most of KPMG's hiring process through the university recruitment came through social events, dinners, and on campus events. They recruited through personality of the firm, which I was drawn to.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of any particular difficult question I was prompted with; however, most of my interviews in this industry consist mainly of behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    For an intern position, there was no negotiation process.

Accounting Intern Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2010.

The pre-interview events were really helpful in learning about the firm & the people. My not-so-good interviewer asked about 2 things: Tell me about yourself & how many hours did I spend per week on each job/activity listed on my resume! Then I was told to ask questions. Very confusing approach.