KPMG US Advisory Associate Interview Questions

2.9

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

The hiring process started with an Initial phone interview which I was asked mostly behavioral questions based on my background. After the phone interview I was scheduled to make an appearance on-site to conduct multiple interviews with a manager, senior manager and a director. Most of the questions asked on-site were also behavioral questions regarding why I wanted to work for KPMG and how my skills aligned with what the job required. Overall I thought the interview process wasn't too difficult. Most of the steps though out this process were very standard in terms of a typical interview at any other company.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions were very standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interviewed on campus, was invited to the inside look program in Houston. Flew down the day of and it started with a meet and greet reception the first night. Next day was spent at the office and every candidate had 2 interviews. Went out to lunch afterwards and then to the airport to go home

Interview Questions
    • If I was to talk to your friends and co-workers, what would they say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

First contacted by campus recruiter. Following those conversations, a 1 hour phone interview with a Manager. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks, then was invited to an office interview. The visit lasted for the morning. 3 interview - 2 directors and 1 managing director, each about 1/2 hour, followed by lunch with staff.

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

There were 2 rounds for hiring process. The 1st round interview was short 30 minute interview. The questions were mostly behavioral and asked questions about my experiences on my resume. Before the interview, there was pre-interview session at a local restaurant/ bar. I really disliked it because it was very unorganized and it was very hard to find your interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • If you are asked to improve efficiency of a department, what steps would take?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Two rounds of interviews with multiple people from various groups. If on campus recruiting, the meet and greet sessions are meant to be informal and provide an opportunity to network to get a better feel of the firm, practices, etc.

Standard interview questions: tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume, why do you want to work for KPMG, behavioral questions, etc

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which there was direct conflict with your manager/supervisor and how you managed the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2014.

I went in for one interview. It was with two different employees, one was a director and the other was a managing director. There was a group of 4 people from my college who all interviewed the same day. Each interview was about a half hour, back to back. Got an email two weeks later that I unfortunately I would not be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to talk about a paper I had written in school; hadn't written a paper in over a year so had to wrack my brain.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at KPMG US.

I came in for a campus interview introduce myself and my interviewee asked me behavior questions?

Advisory Associate Interview

2 rounds. both behavior. i interview for the summer internship. got full time offer after internship.

Advisory Associate Interview

interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

I was scheduled to interview at the "Inside Look" program they held over a two day span (Th/F). After checking in to the hotel, I waited (somewhat awkwardly) in the lobby with the rest of the interviewees (none of us were sure if we were in the right spot, but we figured the company would notice if 20+ candidates were missing) until representatives from the company showed up. We were taken on a tour of the office, and were then provided with snacks, drinks, and a chance to mingle with current KPMG employees.

After the mingling was finished (it lasted about an hour), we were taken to dinner at a snazzy restaurant, where we were able to continue speaking with KPMG employees (as well as other candidates) that were in our relative fields (i.e. MC Technology, Tax, Audit, Strategies & Operations, etc). When the meal was finished we were taken back to the hotel and had the evening to ourselves.

The following morning we were taken to the office for breakfast, an informative session, some Q&A, and of course, the interviews. I only had two 30 minute interviews, but candidates claimed to have had different experiences depending on what area they were looking into. The interviews were followed by more Q&A, and then by a few closing statements.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a two minute summary about yourself...   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

I applied through my university's on-campus recruitment portal. About a week later, I was notified that I had been selected for a first round interview on campus. At the interview I met with one partner who was in the division that I was applying to.

Then, almost exactly a week after the first interview, I was invited to the "Inside Look" day, which is their second round interview day. For the second round, KPMG flew me to NYC and put us in a really nice hotel, very close to the office. We went to dinner with a few current associates, the night before the interview, and then to lunch with more associates during the "Inside Look" program. Those were my favorite parts of the process, since it was great to be able to ask associates around my own age and experience level, specifics about their jobs and experiences, and really learn about the culture and positions.

Two weeks after the second round interviews, the recruiter I first met on campus called and offered me a position!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. I only met with two interviewers on the second round day, which was fewer than I had anticipated. Overall, the day was actually fun, and pretty relaxed!   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!