KPMG US Advisory Associate Interview Questions

2.9

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I received an email from a recruiter saying he wanted to schedule a phone interview. I responded immediately, told him I was on vacation so I had open availability all week and would love to connect, blah blah. Then, silence. I followed up twice. No response. Then, just to test to see if he was a legit person, I found him on LinkedIn and sent him a connect request. He accepted it immediately. So then I emailed him a third time, and STILL no response. Nothing. I'll probably never bother applying for a job at KPMG because of this experience. Totally unprofessional.

I don't get it...

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

Behavioral questions asked during the interview process. No technical questions. Pretty standard. Did a phone interview and then received an email about an in person interview where I was selected to go to the office. It was an all day process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

The hiring process started with an Initial phone interview which I was asked mostly behavioral questions based on my background. After the phone interview I was scheduled to make an appearance on-site to conduct multiple interviews with a manager, senior manager and a director. Most of the questions asked on-site were also behavioral questions regarding why I wanted to work for KPMG and how my skills aligned with what the job required. Overall I thought the interview process wasn't too difficult. Most of the steps though out this process were very standard in terms of a typical interview at any other company.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were very standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interviewed on campus, was invited to the inside look program in Houston. Flew down the day of and it started with a meet and greet reception the first night. Next day was spent at the office and every candidate had 2 interviews. Went out to lunch afterwards and then to the airport to go home

Interview Questions
    • If I was to talk to your friends and co-workers, what would they say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

First contacted by campus recruiter. Following those conversations, a 1 hour phone interview with a Manager. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks, then was invited to an office interview. The visit lasted for the morning. 3 interview - 2 directors and 1 managing director, each about 1/2 hour, followed by lunch with staff.

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

There were 2 rounds for hiring process. The 1st round interview was short 30 minute interview. The questions were mostly behavioral and asked questions about my experiences on my resume. Before the interview, there was pre-interview session at a local restaurant/ bar. I really disliked it because it was very unorganized and it was very hard to find your interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • If you are asked to improve efficiency of a department, what steps would take?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Two rounds of interviews with multiple people from various groups. If on campus recruiting, the meet and greet sessions are meant to be informal and provide an opportunity to network to get a better feel of the firm, practices, etc.

Standard interview questions: tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume, why do you want to work for KPMG, behavioral questions, etc

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which there was direct conflict with your manager/supervisor and how you managed the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in January 2014.

I went in for one interview. It was with two different employees, one was a director and the other was a managing director. There was a group of 4 people from my college who all interviewed the same day. Each interview was about a half hour, back to back. Got an email two weeks later that I unfortunately I would not be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to talk about a paper I had written in school; hadn't written a paper in over a year so had to wrack my brain.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

I came in for a campus interview introduce myself and my interviewee asked me behavior questions?

Advisory Associate Interview

2 rounds. both behavior. i interview for the summer internship. got full time offer after internship.