KPMG US

KPMG US Advisory Intern Interview Questions

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

After submitting my resume and cover letter online, I was contacted a few months later once they began the interview process. Since I was out of the country at the time, I was interviewed on the phone for over two hours by a panel of senior management. Within 3 weeks I received a phone call from one of my interviewers who offered me the position personally, rather than an email.

Interview Questions
  • What is your decision making process when you know you will not have enough time to complete all tasks or objectives?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2013.

On campus interview was very analytical. Asked situational questions, went over every bullet on resume. Talked with interviewer, tried to make the interview more of a conversation. Second round interview was a day long process, showed everyone the building, inside of KPMG and then had 2 rounds of interviews. These second round interviews were much more laid back, basically wanted to see if you could hold a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Just know how to talk to people, know your resume and ask good questions.   Answer Question

Went into a more technical field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

This was an on campus recruiting position. I dropped my résumé through university career services. The interviewer went over my résumé and asked me technical questions to check if I wasn't making things up. He also asked me technical questions on finance, options theory, and statistics.

Interview Questions
    • What is delta of an option. There were a few brain teasers also.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2012.

Got the first round interview by applying through the university career website and attending career fair at university. The first round was mainly behavioral. Questions focused on your resume, leadership and working in teams. I got invited to the second round interview and flew to Atlanta and stayed in a hotel (at their expense) within walking distance of the KPMG office. The second round consisted of a manager interview, sr. manager interview, and associate lunch/interview. The number of associates varies depending on the number of applicants for that area. I had lunch with 3 associates and 3 other applicants. The interviews were based on testing your personality and how well you would fit in. The best advice I can give you is to be confident. They know when you are nervous. And don't let KPMG's reputation as being the most personable big4 fool you. They are more serious than you think.

Interview Questions
    Never negotiate an internship offer. Chances are you don't have the experience or the knowledge to ask for higher compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2012.

Applied for the position at my university website. Got a call, attended the first round in campus. They were basic behavioural type questions and a little bit more about what I did during my previous internships. Got selected and was invited to office the following week. Ofice interview was great, had 2 back to back interviews with managers, they were really nice and I kept the conversation stuck to them and questions realted to what they were doing and what projects they are working etc. A week later I got a call and was told that I was selected.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when you had to work with a tough situation   Answer Question
    Well basically they send you the offer online and give you few days to accept it. If you have a better offer then you could probably negotiate. But I wouldn't recommend doing that for an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2011.

I had 2 1-hour long interviews that surrounded a lunch. Both of the interviews were fairly informal. Only behavioral questions and getting to know me, no case interviews, etc. I got to go to lunch with some people in the function I am now working in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

Went to office visit beforehand, met several associates there, and they were very helpful with the process. Was not a very long interview process, It was lunch with several associates and talked about different aspects of the internship and work lifestyle, then 1:1 interview with manager and senior manager, asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you worked in a team and there was a person who didn't work well with you?   Answer Question

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

On-campus interview with Director
    Two weeks later, interview with two associate managers

Interview Questions
    • Conversational Questions about Resume and a two Behavioral Questions   Answer Question
    Offer was very very good. No negotiation.

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

On campus recruiter was rude and snobby. She was also more than 15 minutes late. It gave me a terrible impression of the company despite their strong branding as a Big 4 firm. I immediately felt alienated and did not want to pursue the hiring process beyond the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was expecting more behavioral questions, so when she asked me more advanced technical knowledge, I was caught off guard.   Answer Question

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Applied online, invited to take personality test, and acceptance letter.

Interview Questions
    • There was no interview. The process was really simple.   Answer Question