KPMG US Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2009.

There was a great deal of anticipation building between my first and second interviews. The first interview was rather laid back and more of a behavioral type of interview, while the second on site interview consisted of a case study and more technical accounting questions. I wasn't expecting this, but was able to handle it well enough.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how a Balance Sheet ties in with an Income Statement   Answer Question

Poor Salary

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2013.

Asked a couple of questions about resume, activities, future plans (whether MBA was in the cards?), why you think you're good for this job.
    Then there was a round where they basically threw current business-related questions at you, like which British company was recently bought by Tata (Jaguar Motors); which firm is called "Big Blue" and many more such questions about companies. These questions were like a not-so-perfect litmus test to measure the candidate's knowledge and interest in current business scenarios, since the job involved working with clients as a management consultant.

Interview Questions
    • What firm is nicknamed "Big Blue"? Which firm bought a large medical-supplies firm this year in India?   View Answer
    No negotiation phase. On-campus college placement.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2012.

Interview Process consists of three rounds, which includes first round HR round. The second round will be a operational round which will be with Manager or other head person of the department, final round will be a technical round which includes technical questions regarding the job you are applying for.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lagos (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Employee in Lagos (Nigeria)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 10 months - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2013.

Four Stage Stage Process

1 Aptitude Test
    2 Senior Associate Interview
    3 Manager Interview
    4 Partner Interview

Interview Questions
    • Senior Associate Interview Question
      1. Tell me about a time you had to network with people to get things done?
      2. Why do you want to work in FRM?
      3. What do you understand by Operational, Credit and Market Risk?
      4. Tell me about a time when you worked in a group and the person was a very difficult person?
      5. When have you had to come up with an innovative idea and how did it benefit others?
      6. Tell me about a time when you had to make a presentation and what was your best presentation?
      7. Tell me about a time when you had to adapt to change in business environment?
      8. Tell me about a time when you had to go and understand a person’s interests?
      9. What personal development goals have you set in the past few years?
      10. Tell me about a time when you had to go an extra mile for your employer?
      11. Any questions for me:
      i.) What is it like working with KPMG?
      ii.) Competition from PWC and others are we safe?
    • Manager Interview
      1. Why risk consulting and nor corporate finance and investment banking?
      2. Although it’s a while ago, you got an F in Quantitative Techniques why? FRM involves a lot of Quants?
      3. Tell me about a time when you had to come up with an innovative idea?
      4. How good is your Excel VBA?
      5. Tell me about yourself?
      6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      7. Why did you do your MSc in Investment and Finance and not Risk?
      8. I can’t see your MSc Certificate attached here?
      9. Have you any Questions for me:
      i.) What is it like working in KPMG?
    • Partner Interview
      1. Where do you work and what do you do?
      2. Why are you leaving there?
      Two small paper questions:
      I. A fair value of the ticket is $1. There are a million tickets and there are payoffs of $1million. If the price of the strike of the call option is $5. What is the price of the option?
      II. If there are 2 A2 engines one had a 1/1000000 chance of failure and both engines are independent of each other, what is the probability that the plane would crash?
      3. Do you play sports?
      4. Do you play music, did you train, how long and why did you stop?
      5. Do you know about credit, market, operational and liquidity risk?
      6. Discuss a topic about derivatives?
      7. How do you price a derivative?
      8. Tell me about your numerical skills?
      9. What is your best achievement in life and why?
      10. What do you know about FRM?
      11. Did you do any CSR Project? What was your target and how did you meet it?
      12. Can you do VBA Macro’s? What can you do?
      13. Can you do coding?
      14. What subjects did you study for your MSc and what did you do?
      15. What subjects did you study for your third year and what did you do?

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Very elaborate procedure, several rounds and detailed background verification

Well, the salary structuring should be done smartly!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2012.

1.Group Discussion
    2.Telephonic Interview

Interview Questions
    • They asked the usual questions which are asked in the HR rounds of most companies.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

I got an interview call for the Integirty Due Diligence department at KPMG. The phone interview was basic, with most of the questions based on my CV. I'm a fresher and so, a lot of stress was put on my Masters Dissertation/ Thesis (I was literally asked to explain the whole thing). The next step was an online written case study. A lot of articles, newspaper cuttings and clippings were sent to me and questions were framed on the information given. I was given a maximum time of 6 hours to finish it. This was followed by a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • In the case study, a few questions were pretty tricky and confusing.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lagos (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in July 2010.

Its a 4 step hiring process. You see the following staff in this order senior analyst - manager - partner- head of division.
    In some cases the senior analyst interview is substituted with an assessment centre, where you are asked to build a tower as a group.
    Here, you are observed and the look for characters such as teamwork, negotiation skills and to an extent assertiveness.

The manager and partner interviews basically involve testing your knowledge of the KPMG brand, current affairs and matters arising in your chosen field.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase as it was an entry level job.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lagos (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2011.

Four stages interview

It's simple and clear from the onset

Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2012.

The initial process was an email writing test followed by an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a stakeholder and a shareholder?   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!