KPMG US Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

I was internally referred by a partner in another practice. My interview consisted of 1 screening interview, 1 phone interview with a director, and then 2 face-to-face interviews on the same day with a director and the practice partner. The screening interview is just the typical sanity check to make sure that you did go to college and graduated and that everything on your resume is true as written.

The phone interview had to be rescheduled twice because the director who was supposed to interview me (who is also the project director for the engagement I ended up being hired for) kept forgetting. Instead, I had a phone interview with the director over the practice to which I was hired. The interview started off talking about NFL football, then about college football, and then regarding the potential engagement to which I would be hired. There was absolutely no assessment of my skills, knowledge, or motivation.

The face-to-face interviews were with a director and a partner. The director interview consisted of him talking about football as well. However, the topic quickly changed to him assessing my knowledge of the industry, knowledge regarding federal regulations affecting the industry and how private firms should address the changes. The interview with the partner was not actually face-to-face. I called the partner from his KPMG office to his cell upon which he asked if I knew what the position entailed and how much I was expecting in salary.

I was offered the position the very next day. Needless to say, I over prepared for this interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you bring to the firm given your unique background?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer, I asked my recruiting contact if there was "anything left on the table" to voer my student loans and the relocation to another city. The offer came back $5k more.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Campus recruiting presence was strong. They offered lots of events outside of the career fair.
    One on-campus case interview, followed by multiple behavioral interviews on-site. Interview process depends on the hiring managing director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you resolved conflicts within a group to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and easy it was a phone interview. They basically ask you about your resume and then how flexible you are with salary and availability. The person was very kind and seemed very interested in me. Just be yourself and know your resume to answer responses quick and sweet.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

There was a great deal of anticipation building between my first and second interviews. The first interview was rather laid back and more of a behavioral type of interview, while the second on site interview consisted of a case study and more technical accounting questions. I wasn't expecting this, but was able to handle it well enough.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a Balance Sheet ties in with an Income Statement   Answer Question

Poor Salary

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very smooth and very systematic. They give you a candidate form to fill out. It asks the basic details and educational background, also what you aspire to do, career goals and aims. The interviewers were very friendly and accommodating, making it easier to have a conversation. All in all a great experience. An email confirmation is sent to you to giving details of the job description, the time and venue details and also what to wear and how to be prepared for the round. The best thing is the honest and down to earth attitude of the interviewers who look at the candidate as a human instead of a weak person to toy with.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial was a telephonic screening followed by face to face interaction with 2 of the HR people, discussion was very good and interactive. Then the senior manager took the second round. Team was very hospitile and friendly. The infrastructure was very good. I really liked the cabin for the interview as it was more of casual approach similar to a coffee nest with pleasant lighting rather than the retro glass door kind of cabin.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

The process consisted of two rounds - a Group Discussion followed by a combined Technical-HR Interview.

Group Discussion : The groups were of the sizes of 8 - 10 members. Topics were mostly opinion based. Time allotted was 10 minutes which included 1 min for drawing a conclusion if possible.

The candidates were judged mainly on three parameters - the ability to raise good points and highlight important aspects, leadership skills and willingness to take initiatives.

One or two candidates from every group were selected for the Personal Interview.

Personal Interview:
    The panel consisted of one HR and two technical members. Questions were mainly based on the candidates CV. The important parameters for selection in this stage were - analytical skills, communication, reasoning skills, willingness to learn, candidates personality and strong motivation to pursue a career in consulting sector.

The interview started with a few HR questions leading further to technical and analytical questions. A few puzzles were also asked. There were questions on current affairs too.

Knowledge of the consulting sector and the company was also tested. (in other words, ability to retain information from the pre-placement PPT)

Overall, the interview was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why not do an MBA right after graduation?   1 Answer
    • How will you estimate the total number of guitars in a city?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Pune (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

worst interview ever which lasted couple of minutes,tell me abut urself and we will let u know.first they keep u waiting for 4 hrs for no damn reason after which interviewer doesnt look interested in you and wants to wrap as soon as possible.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Delhi (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Asked a couple of questions about resume, activities, future plans (whether MBA was in the cards?), why you think you're good for this job.
    Then there was a round where they basically threw current business-related questions at you, like which British company was recently bought by Tata (Jaguar Motors); which firm is called "Big Blue" and many more such questions about companies. These questions were like a not-so-perfect litmus test to measure the candidate's knowledge and interest in current business scenarios, since the job involved working with clients as a management consultant.

Interview Questions

• What firm is nicknamed "Big Blue"? Which firm bought a large medical-supplies firm this year in India?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. On-campus college placement.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Very elaborate procedure, several rounds and detailed background verification

Negotiation

Well, the salary structuring should be done smartly!