KPMG US

3.1

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2009.

There was a great deal of anticipation building between my first and second interviews. The first interview was rather laid back and more of a behavioral type of interview, while the second on site interview consisted of a case study and more technical accounting questions. I wasn't expecting this, but was able to handle it well enough.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how a Balance Sheet ties in with an Income Statement   Answer Question

Poor Salary

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

Initial was a telephonic screening followed by face to face interaction with 2 of the HR people, discussion was very good and interactive. Then the senior manager took the second round. Team was very hospitile and friendly. The infrastructure was very good. I really liked the cabin for the interview as it was more of casual approach similar to a coffee nest with pleasant lighting rather than the retro glass door kind of cabin.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

The process consisted of two rounds - a Group Discussion followed by a combined Technical-HR Interview.

Group Discussion : The groups were of the sizes of 8 - 10 members. Topics were mostly opinion based. Time allotted was 10 minutes which included 1 min for drawing a conclusion if possible.

The candidates were judged mainly on three parameters - the ability to raise good points and highlight important aspects, leadership skills and willingness to take initiatives.

One or two candidates from every group were selected for the Personal Interview.

Personal Interview:
    The panel consisted of one HR and two technical members. Questions were mainly based on the candidates CV. The important parameters for selection in this stage were - analytical skills, communication, reasoning skills, willingness to learn, candidates personality and strong motivation to pursue a career in consulting sector.

The interview started with a few HR questions leading further to technical and analytical questions. A few puzzles were also asked. There were questions on current affairs too.

Knowledge of the consulting sector and the company was also tested. (in other words, ability to retain information from the pre-placement PPT)

Overall, the interview was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why not do an MBA right after graduation?   View Answer
    • How will you estimate the total number of guitars in a city?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in June 2014.

worst interview ever which lasted couple of minutes,tell me abut urself and we will let u know.first they keep u waiting for 4 hrs for no damn reason after which interviewer doesnt look interested in you and wants to wrap as soon as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in December 2013.

Asked a couple of questions about resume, activities, future plans (whether MBA was in the cards?), why you think you're good for this job.
    Then there was a round where they basically threw current business-related questions at you, like which British company was recently bought by Tata (Jaguar Motors); which firm is called "Big Blue" and many more such questions about companies. These questions were like a not-so-perfect litmus test to measure the candidate's knowledge and interest in current business scenarios, since the job involved working with clients as a management consultant.

Interview Questions
    • What firm is nicknamed "Big Blue"? Which firm bought a large medical-supplies firm this year in India?   View Answer
    No negotiation phase. On-campus college placement.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

Very elaborate procedure, several rounds and detailed background verification

Well, the salary structuring should be done smartly!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2013.

Four Stage Stage Process

1 Aptitude Test
    2 Senior Associate Interview
    3 Manager Interview
    4 Partner Interview

Interview Questions
    • Senior Associate Interview Question
      1. Tell me about a time you had to network with people to get things done?
      2. Why do you want to work in FRM?
      3. What do you understand by Operational, Credit and Market Risk?
      4. Tell me about a time when you worked in a group and the person was a very difficult person?
      5. When have you had to come up with an innovative idea and how did it benefit others?
      6. Tell me about a time when you had to make a presentation and what was your best presentation?
      7. Tell me about a time when you had to adapt to change in business environment?
      8. Tell me about a time when you had to go and understand a person’s interests?
      9. What personal development goals have you set in the past few years?
      10. Tell me about a time when you had to go an extra mile for your employer?
      11. Any questions for me:
      i.) What is it like working with KPMG?
      ii.) Competition from PWC and others are we safe?

• Manager Interview
      1. Why risk consulting and nor corporate finance and investment banking?
      2. Although it’s a while ago, you got an F in Quantitative Techniques why? FRM involves a lot of Quants?
      3. Tell me about a time when you had to come up with an innovative idea?
      4. How good is your Excel VBA?
      5. Tell me about yourself?
      6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      7. Why did you do your MSc in Investment and Finance and not Risk?
      8. I can’t see your MSc Certificate attached here?
      9. Have you any Questions for me:
      i.) What is it like working in KPMG?

• Partner Interview
      1. Where do you work and what do you do?
      2. Why are you leaving there?
      Two small paper questions:
      I. A fair value of the ticket is $1. There are a million tickets and there are payoffs of $1million. If the price of the strike of the call option is $5. What is the price of the option?
      II. If there are 2 A2 engines one had a 1/1000000 chance of failure and both engines are independent of each other, what is the probability that the plane would crash?
      3. Do you play sports?
      4. Do you play music, did you train, how long and why did you stop?
      5. Do you know about credit, market, operational and liquidity risk?
      6. Discuss a topic about derivatives?
      7. How do you price a derivative?
      8. Tell me about your numerical skills?
      9. What is your best achievement in life and why?
      10. What do you know about FRM?
      11. Did you do any CSR Project? What was your target and how did you meet it?
      12. Can you do VBA Macro’s? What can you do?
      13. Can you do coding?
      14. What subjects did you study for your MSc and what did you do?
      15. What subjects did you study for your third year and what did you do?

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I got an interview call for the Integirty Due Diligence department at KPMG. The phone interview was basic, with most of the questions based on my CV. I'm a fresher and so, a lot of stress was put on my Masters Dissertation/ Thesis (I was literally asked to explain the whole thing). The next step was an online written case study. A lot of articles, newspaper cuttings and clippings were sent to me and questions were framed on the information given. I was given a maximum time of 6 hours to finish it. This was followed by a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • In the case study, a few questions were pretty tricky and confusing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through other source – interviewed at KPMG US in December 2012.

Interview Process consists of three rounds, which includes first round HR round. The second round will be a operational round which will be with Manager or other head person of the department, final round will be a technical round which includes technical questions regarding the job you are applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in December 2012.

1.Group Discussion
    2.Telephonic Interview

Interview Questions
    • They asked the usual questions which are asked in the HR rounds of most companies.   View Answer