KPMG US Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.7

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Birmingham, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online, requested for initial interview, then a second interview, then I got the offer

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Two interviews - both with directors at the office I was applying to

Negotiation

Not much really, offer made, little room for negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in January 2012.

Interview

HR interview followed by Partner Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2010.

Interview

Got a call 2 weeks after my on-line application. Was asked to attempt the aptitude test, which consists of logical reasoning and math. All MCs. Suggest to wear business suits, although there was couple of people showing up in casual wear and jeans, which I think is pretty bizare. Also suggest to time your work.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (London, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

Short informal interview with manager, he wanted someone who woud 'fit' n the team

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None negotation, contract on daily rate offered and accepted

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2007.

Interview

1:1 interview with partner and another Assistant Manager which took half a day in total (for a position in the Commercial Due Diligence Practice). First, the different career stages and educational background mentioned in the resume were part of the discussion. The rationale was to learn more about me and my motivation to shift to KPMG and relocate to another country in my case. After that was a larger Due Diligence case where I was given three huge folders with material on the case (company to be sold, market environment, product information and market interview transcripts). I had about one hour to scan through the material. After that, an initial interview with the client was staged so that the partner could see how I interact with clients and what questions I would ask. After that I was given another 90mins to develop my thoughts on what the market perspectives were and how the to-be-sold company was positioned in the market and if it was recommendable for an interested party to acquire the firm. The final presentation I had to give took about 30mins where the partner and the Assistant Manger asked questions about the company's product, the market place and how I would analyze and judge the future performance of the firm (i.e. questions on revenues, projecting revenues, market shares, 5-Forces).

Interview Questions

• Could you describe which products the company is producing and how they compare to the ones of competitors?   Answer Question
    • What questions would you ask the management of the firm and later in market interviews and why?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe the company's performance in the next 3-5 years based on the material that you were given (market interviews, product descriptions, competitor analysis, market growth rates and market shares)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate relocation package. Salary is mostly pre-defined, as in you will earn X amount of money within your position which may be plus/minus 5k max in the lower levels.